Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Do you think Rivera will successfully rebuild ?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-01-2021, 11:46 PM   #61
rocnrik
Playmaker

Re: Do you think Rivera will successfully rebuild ?

Is there a current coach / system that could take this team(current roster)to playoffs? Would New England staff win 9 games with this roster ??
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-02-2021, 03:33 AM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

8 out of 11 seasons he has been a loser, but let’s keep wondering if he is going to succeed…….

He is a loser, it is what he does.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Is there a current coach / system that could take this team(current roster)to playoffs? Would New England staff win 9 games with this roster ??

Well there are certainly coaches or systems that wont run a shotgun formation in third and short over and over again. Certainly that would get more out if four first round picks on the d line. Certainly that wouldn’t wait to cut a kicker until the only replacement wasnt a guy who cant kick over the crossbar. I could go on and on. Our personnel doesn’t scream playoff run. But it certainly doesn’t scream bottom three in the league.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:48 AM   #64
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
8 out of 11 seasons he has been a loser, but let’s keep wondering if he is going to succeed…….

He is a loser, it is what he does.

It's hard to have hope and believe in Ron's plan......the team has had significant injuries but the team should still be winning instead of losing.......he signed a 5 year contract.....the team should be 4-4 at the very least.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
It's hard to have hope and believe in Ron's plan......the team has had significant injuries but the team should still be winning instead of losing.......he signed a 5 year contract.....the team should be 4-4 at the very least.

Everyone has significant injuries. Our schedule is tougher but we should be better. Look at the game last night. The Chiefs are not good, but they kicked our ass at home. The Giants went into arrowhead and played better than us.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:30 AM   #66
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
When his bosses ( who are paying you a lot of money ) want something done in the end he is going to go along. It's part of the territory working for Dan. He can object, he probably did but he does not sign the checks.

Reminds me of when Dan came in the draft room and took Haskins. What are the coaches and scouts going to do?
Totally agree.

It was clearly another boneheaded Snyder led move, 100%. For all we know JW stood on the table and whole heartedly objected, but in the end the final say goes to the owner. Was JW supposed to quit over this?
Old 11-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #67
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Totally agree.

It was clearly another boneheaded Snyder led move, 100%. For all we know JW stood on the table and whole heartedly objected, but in the end the final say goes to the owner. Was JW supposed to quit over this?
The picture of DS in his hoodie at the ST ceremony just makes me want punch that little fuck in the face.
Old 11-02-2021, 09:58 AM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The picture of DS in his hoodie at the ST ceremony just makes me want punch that little fuck in the face.
Dude is low rent as they come.

He may have $$ but deep down he's trash.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:05 AM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Yeah money cant buy you class. You either have it or you don’t.
It can however afford you the thought that your shit don’t stink.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:35 AM   #70
Burgold
Special Teams

He has to find a QB, and maybe Del Rio might have to go, but for now I'm willing to stick with Ron.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 04:26 PM   #71
oldfan
Camp Scrub

I posted about Rivera being a stop gap coach. (Political hire, if you will.) I truly believe that. I don't have any idea who his replacement will be but either this year of next, he will be gone. I may not have much background in football but I have an immense background in business.

Snyder needed creditability. Rivera is well thought is around the NFL and gave Snyder that semblance of creditability. The real issues that had to be addressed were those in the management levels. Hiring Rivera created the perception that he was trying to turn the culture and team around. Note how the NFL and fans accepted that perception. Snyder was facing immense pressure from bad press, lawsuits and revelation's of misconduct. There were even media stories that suggested that the NFL was in the process of forcing Snyder to sell the team. (Yes the NFL can do that.) Snyder may be a lousy team owner but he is a smart businessman. Hiring Rivera was a business move, pure and simple.

I have been a Redskins fan (yes, Redskins) since 1945. Nothing is going to change that. I will still be rooting for the team when they play.
oldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #72
JackLord
Special Teams

Tough for me to answer.

I like Ron. I think he entered a situation that would have perplexed Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh. He has had to deal with Snyder, Investigations, the Name Change, and general disarray. All the while fighting Cancer.

Normally, I would give any first year Washington coach a pass for the first season. Yet Ron bought us to the playoffs. Yea, it was a crappy division and we had a losing record, but it still was ... something. Maybe this is the year I give him a pass.

Otherwise, I kind of feel like I did just before Spurrier left. I felt great disappointment yet could not come up with a better alternative. Then St Joe came for his second tour.

I am with MTK- I don't know if anyone can do it here.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 03:30 PM   #73
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post
Tough for me to answer.

I like Ron. I think he entered a situation that would have perplexed Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh. He has had to deal with Snyder, Investigations, the Name Change, and general disarray. All the while fighting Cancer.

Normally, I would give any first year Washington coach a pass for the first season. Yet Ron bought us to the playoffs. Yea, it was a crappy division and we had a losing record, but it still was ... something. Maybe this is the year I give him a pass.

Otherwise, I kind of feel like I did just before Spurrier left. I felt great disappointment yet could not come up with a better alternative. Then St Joe came for his second tour.

I am with MTK- I don't know if anyone can do it here.
Exactly, its a impossible job.

It be interesting if you could reverse time and have Tomlin as our coach, I bet if he started in our organization over Pitt he been done gone out of football.

This place is losers row.
Old 11-08-2021, 04:03 PM   #74
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

He has $$ but his legacy will always be tarnished. He has to be one of the least respected owners in all pro sports..
Old 11-08-2021, 09:11 PM   #75
rocnrik
Playmaker

Ron was the best hire on the table at that time … this is deeper than the coach .
He will get another year and hopefully he can right this ship but truth is I’m not sure any coach could win in DC culture.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote