Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Fresh Start Political Thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 04-20-2021, 08:01 AM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Fresh Start Political Thread

https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/...h_db3Q.twitter

Pentagon: More Russian Troops at the Ukrainian border than 2014 prior to invasion

I’m sure it’s nothing....Biden will handle it just like he did prior

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2021, 08:28 AM   #17
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://www.stripes.com/news/europe/...h_db3Q.twitter

Pentagon: More Russian Troops at the Ukrainian border than 2014 prior to invasion

I’m sure it’s nothing....Biden will handle it just like he did prior
Whatever he will do , it will be 100 times better then trump letting his buddy putin do whatever he wants.
Old 04-20-2021, 08:40 AM   #18
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Whatever he will do , it will be 100 times better then trump letting his buddy putin do whatever he wants.
Yeah I’m sure it will be tougher than trump’s us soldiers killing Russian mercenaries soldiers in Syria. Trump Giving Ukraine lethal weapons like the Javalin anti tank missile and other arms against Russian troops instead of the Obama administration giving non lethal support such as meal rations. Or trump arming the Kurds to wage war in Syria when Obama refused.

Probably

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2021, 11:32 AM   #19
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah I’m sure it will be tougher than trump’s us soldiers killing Russian mercenaries soldiers in Syria. Trump Giving Ukraine lethal weapons like the Javalin anti tank missile and other arms against Russian troops instead of the Obama administration giving non lethal support such as meal rations. Or trump arming the Kurds to wage war in Syria when Obama refused.

Probably
Trump did send javelins to Ukraine ... but on the condition that Ukraine cant use them against pro-Russian separatists and the Javelins apparently arent deployed in military zones. Kind of a weird wrinkle.

https://www.businessinsider.com/repu...kraine-2019-11

I dont think there is any good answer to dealing with Russia or China. Articles ive read on the China issue (and I think Russia is adopting the method) is to paper cut the US because they dont think we will ever risk outright war on paper cut issues. They also think we will just debate and argue over what to do and have hearing after hearing and just end up "sanctioning", like we always do. We will always go the path of de-escalation and diplomacy.

I dont think the Russia or China issue has a democrat or republican solution. I think damned if you do something, damned if you dont. Doesnt matter if the president has a R or D after their name.

I honestly dont know what I would.

Chico - what would you do? Do you have a solution or suggestion? Not trying to be argumentative or defend Biden.

1. match China and Russia's micro aggresions, willing to accept all out war if neither side blinks?

2. Stern warning and sanctions ..

3. Nothing.

4. Some 4th option
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:44 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Trump did send javelins to Ukraine ... but on the condition that Ukraine cant use them against pro-Russian separatists and the Javelins apparently arent deployed in military zones. Kind of a weird wrinkle.

I dont think there is any good answer to dealing with Russia or China. Articles ive read on the China issue (and I think Russia is adopting the method) is to paper cut the US because they dont think we will ever risk outright war on paper cut issues. They also think we will just debate and argue over what to do and have hearing after hearing and just end up "sanctioning", like we always do. We will always go the path of de-escalation and diplomacy.

I dont think the Russia or China issue has a democrat or republican solution. I think damned if you do something, damned if you dont. Doesnt matter if the president has a R or D after their name.

Chico - what would you do? Do you have a solution or suggestion? Not trying to be argumentative or defend Biden.

1. match China and Russia's micro aggresions, willing to accept all out war if neither side blinks?

3. Nothing.

4. Some 4th option
4th option do some serious cold war spy shit and blow up a russian nuclear reactor in siberia with proof China did it. Get them into a true border conflict that turns their attentions away from our allies in asia and europe, then in good Roman fashion, line their borders with irradiated salt so they can't go within 50 miles of other nations.

5th option if that doesn't work, say eff it, bring our troops home and let the world hash out the world's issues.

6th option give them mental health coaching to get past their childhood traumas and heal their inner child.

7th option Putin vs Xi WWE style winner gets the middle east
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:07 PM   #21
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
4th option do some serious cold war spy shit and blow up a russian nuclear reactor in siberia with proof China did it. Get them into a true border conflict that turns their attentions away from our allies in asia and europe, then in good Roman fashion, line their borders with irradiated salt so they can't go within 50 miles of other nations.

5th option if that doesn't work, say eff it, bring our troops home and let the world hash out the world's issues.

6th option give them mental health coaching to get past their childhood traumas and heal their inner child.

7th option Putin vs Xi WWE style winner gets the middle east
Exactly ... 5th option may ultimately be the only option. Beef up our military and spy cable and try and be as diplomatic as possible.

I know one thing. The second oppostion leader Navalny is reported dead adn Russia has millions protesting .. Russia is invading with their "green men" to secure that water supply and distract attention and give pretense to crack down.

Shit in Russia is about to hit the fan once that guy is reported dead.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:34 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

3. Nothing.

4. Some 4th option
I mentioned the javelin because that was the centerpiece of a large arms package. That missile is a game changer on the battlefield, it’s the best, most advanced personnel-launch anti tank Weapon in the world. You can shoot aircraft down with it. While there was...I don’t think anymore...stipulated defensive only use....it worked. It was a deterrent and they did fire some as show of
Force exercise. It was the right move.

China, Russia...what works? 2 extreme, very different country. Russia is trying to exert its self national stages...China is a genocidal, Democratic smashing, plague from hell spreading shithole.

I’d do a lot in confronting both but drastically different approaches

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think with dealing with both u probably put in charge someone who would be tough, not afraid of confrontation and might revel in it...someone with experience in deal making, maybe puts America first...considered an art in deal making.

Someone like that

He Gets Us
Old 04-21-2021, 10:45 AM   #24
MTK
\m/

for real?

Ex-Trump aide McEnany knocks Biden: Presidents should not 'inflame' tensions
Old 04-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cai...-of-california

GOP making history again!!!

He Gets Us
Old 04-23-2021, 10:57 AM   #26
SunnySide
Playmaker

Russia "withdrawing" troops from the border. Im guessing ... just guessing .. they moved some hardware in and have their "green guys" set up. Not that anything will be imminent but just in case Navalny protests get serious.
Old 04-23-2021, 12:25 PM   #27
MTK
\m/

Quote:
another wealthy reality star woot, should be interesting to see what kind of support she gets from the party considering how transgenders aren't exactly their cup of tea
Old 04-23-2021, 12:58 PM   #28
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Russia "withdrawing" troops from the border. Im guessing ... just guessing .. they moved some hardware in and have their "green guys" set up. Not that anything will be imminent but just in case Navalny protests get serious.
Saw something interesting on Reddit, someone said Putin might've been testing his military readiness to quickly assemble troops at the border and the US/etc. response time. He's probably happy with the results.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
another wealthy reality star woot, should be interesting to see what kind of support she gets from the party considering how transgenders aren't exactly their cup of tea
Trans rights are human rights mtk!

Let’s go and make history

He Gets Us
Old 04-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #30
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Saw something interesting on Reddit, someone said Putin might've been testing his military readiness to quickly assemble troops at the border and the US/etc. response time. He's probably happy with the results.
...............or not.