Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

With the 19th Pick, the WFT selects....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #16
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: With the 19th Pick, the WFT selects....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
LB JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jeremi...8-5c5967f00096

Ron gets the athletic LB to complete the front 7 of the defense. Aggressive, fast and can cover. Underrated pass rusher and versatile

Who you got?
He's my preference...second is Darrisaw.

Advertisements
Old 04-19-2021, 12:37 PM   #17
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Positionally my preference would be:
1) LB
2) OT
3) S

I think RR and JDR both know the importance of the right LB directing the defense, and if they see that guy, I want them to take him. Otherwise, both our line and safety play could benefit from a plug and play guy.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 01:07 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'd put QB at 4th, I just don't see it being a huge need right now. If Lance were to fall past 10 then i could see why they'd move up but thats about it
Old 04-19-2021, 02:36 PM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'd put QB at 4th, I just don't see it being a huge need right now. If Lance were to fall past 10 then i could see why they'd move up but thats about it
I am hoping 5 qbs go in the first 10. The talent that falls down to around 11-15 would be worth jumping up for, especially if a few WRs get taken off also.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:05 PM   #20
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am hoping 5 qbs go in the first 10. The talent that falls down to around 11-15 would be worth jumping up for, especially if a few WRs get taken off also.
I think there's a good chance that will happen. There are multiple teams that need a new QB. I also think Bears might be a dark horse for trade up to draft a QB. They tried everything to trade for Wilson and Watson with no success, so I would be surprised if Bears don't put in the same efforts in the draft.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:15 PM   #21
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

JAX, NYJ, and SF are definitely taking a QB. DET, CAR, DEN, NE, PHI, and WFT are teams outside the top 5 who could make a move for a QB. NO, PIT, and CHI are the teams outside of the top 20 who could also trade up for a QB. I think it's safe to say that at least five QBs will be gone by pick #15, maybe even by pick #6.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:39 PM   #22
SkinzWin
Playmaker

If Darrisaw falls to 19, you have to go that way.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:57 PM   #23
Scalper

BPA without consideration for position.
The highest rated player on your board, with the most elite athletic talent and greatest chance of being perennial pro bowler according to scouts.
No one can foresee who is actually going to be available, except insiders who would never share what they know with media or public, so picking specific player waste of time.
Four years from now, it doesn't matter if we took a T, or LB, or CB, or WR, what matters is that player is a consistent contributor and ideally one of better players on roster. Yeah, it would be better if BPA was at high leverage position, but you don't reach for need in first 2 rounds. If you go BPA 1st round pick over say 10 year window, vs. reaching for need, the roster you have is MUCH more talented overall. The only two exceptions in my mind are if a franchise QB is sitting there, or if you reach a little to protect a franchise QB you already have or just picked.
My hope is that we get the best pass blocking LT we can, without consideration for run blocking skill, and that this player falls to BPA. It could be BPA is a CB or WR or LB, however, and nothing wrong with making that pick if that's how the board falls. 1st and 2nd round picks should be a bout long-term talent acquisition, not short-term need, yet again why you need a GM and not coach running things. Coaches will generally, but not always, draft more for need.
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:18 AM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Scalper, cred, gridiron...answer the damn question.

Tell me who they take at 19

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:22 AM   #25
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
If Darrisaw falls to 19, you have to go that way.
Absolutely!
Old 04-20-2021, 09:23 AM   #26
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's really not just as simple as BPA. I do think teams go into the draft with the players ranked and the BPA strategy in mind, and they try to stick to that, but no team sticks to that exclusively when it’s time for them to execute in reality. Ultimately, if they decide another position is more valuable, or another player is more of a fit for the system and they believe he will turn into a productive player, they will stray from the BPA strategy.

For example, if the highest rated player on their board when they pick at #19 is a defensive end, I guarantee you they won't draft him. They'll take the next highest ranked player at a position of need, who fits their system (or they'll try to trade out).

Last year it was easy in the first round. Chase Young was the best player in the draft. For Jacksonville this year, it's easy. Trevor Lawrence has been the #1 pick in the 2021 draft for about four years now.

It's not always that cut and dry though. That's why they get 10 minutes to make a selection, and most of them take it all.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:13 PM   #27
SunnySide
Playmaker

Therea s bunch of guys I like at 19 and theyve all been mentioned here. I think one of the big WRs may drop and that hasnt been mentioned.

BUT I know who we are taking in the 2nd round ... QB Kellen Mond, Texas A&M. I didnt know who he was til I saw CBS mocking him to us in the 2nd. Looks like a Dak Prescott clone, hopefully. Pats and lots of others linked to him as a 3rd round steal ..

Im sold on teh guy but Im a sucker for overly glossy draft write ups ..

---------------------------

Strengths: Through his four years at Texas A&M, Mond did not just gain some valuable starting experience and show the desired durability — he started 44 of his 47 career games while playing in a pro-style scheme against SEC competition — but also got better with every game. His growth has not just manifested itself in his statistical output but also in his improved overall play and progressing skills.

Mond’s big arm and ability to drive the ball down the field has always been impressive, but he also showed that he can go through his progressions, handle pressure and manipulate defenders with his eyes. A good anticipatory thrower, he is playing off a solid platform that allows him to throw some of the better deep balls in this year’s class and also make plays when forced off his spot or to let the ball go without a clean platform.

His arm does not just have the necessary strength to distribute the ball all over the field, but he also showed the touch and precision needed to become a successful passer at the next level. On top of that, he offers a strong athletic foundation to work with. While not to be confused with other top-tier dual-threat quarterbacks such as Trey Lance, he has scored 22 rushing touchdowns through his career and gained 1,608 yards on the ground.

Weaknesses: While Mond did post some solid numbers in his four years as an Aggie, he also had his fair share of issues mostly tied to his decision making. He oftentimes seemed to stare down his targets and was slow to react when plays started to break down around him, leading to inaccuracies and sloppy attempts. He also threw some high-risk passes in order to make something out of nothing, and appeared much more confident targeting the middle of the field rather than going outside the numbers.

His touchdown-interception rate (71:27) is impressive, it is not fully reflective of his come-and-go accuracy or ability to make “wow” plays. In general, his ceiling can be questioned as well: Mond put up some solid numbers in college, but will he be able to take the next step in his development at the pro level or never progress beyond backup status? In order to find success in the NFL he also will have to learn to get rid of the ball faster than he did at Texas A&M; at times he took forever to get rid of the ball, increasing the fumble risk.

His athleticism is a nice tool and can be taken advantage of when used in the right system, but he will not be confused with the Cam Newtons of the world: he is a fine athlete with the ball in his hands, capable of escaping the pocket, but he won’t run over defenders or break many tackle attempts. He also was primarily used as a shotgun passer and will need to learn to take snaps from under center. Mond also had some big losses on his résumé when the team relied on his right arm to get the job done.

https://www.patspulpit.com/2021/4/19...-mond-texas-am
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #28
MTK
\m/

I'd take Mills all day over Mond.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #29
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I'd take Mills all day over Mond.
Same
Old 04-20-2021, 12:58 PM   #30
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Someone predicting we take Travis Etienne:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...artner=ya4nbcs