Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2012 QB Class

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #46
skins89moss
Playmaker

Re: 2012 QB Class

The bottom line is if Rex or Beck dont play well this season then we are going to struggle for the next few years. Even if we draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd rd he will be a rookie and rookies dont fair well their 1st year in the league. You do get exceptions to this like Joe Flaco and Matt Ryan but thats far and few in between. I hope Beck can step up and play well enough that the rookie we do draft for the future won't have to play for a few years. Can Beck hold down the job or even be a NFL stater for us. I guess Sunday will see how he starts his on the job training.

Advertisements
Old 10-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #47
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Why not Landry Jones?
Because he obviously don't know anything about football. Landry Jones is the second best qb in this draft.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #48
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Russell Wilson, 5th year senior and transfer from NC State. From my hometown of Richmond. Went to Collegiate (a private school). ESPN had a really good show about him. He is playing really well for the Badgers this year.

ESPN's 'Depth Chart' offers inside look at Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
The man only 5'11. He's way to small to play qb in this league.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #49
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Tell that to Mr. Brees
Old 10-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #50
musicmaster45
Special Teams

Yea that is the big thing about him. The scouts are reminded of Brees for his brain and his skills and motion

Last edited by musicmaster45; 10-22-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:40 PM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think we should stack QB in this year draft like we stacked WR in last years

He Gets Us
Old 10-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #52
Mechanix544
The Starter

Matt Barkley shud be the qb we draft next year. I hope to god we get him.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:41 PM   #53
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Tell that to Mr. Brees
I hate to knock a guy who I view as a talented player who shows up on game day. However, I have to honest and point out the obvious. Outside of Drew Brees how many sub 6 ft qbs do you see starting in the nfl? This kid has a good arm, great accuracy, and great mobility. However, he's undersized for the position he's playing. I'm not saying he should be drafted. What saying is that he's not a first or second rounder. Also Russel Wilson is not as good as Drew Brees.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #54
Landry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Matt Barkley shud be the qb we draft next year. I hope to god we get him.
There is a lot to like about Matt Barkley, but out of all the qbs in this draft I think he's the most overrated. I'm going to give you my reasons why I like him and dislike him. He throws beautiful passes and he can do it on a consistent basis. He has a big arm and a quick release. He has good mobility. What I dislike about him is a footwork. He tends to throw the ball off his back foot a lot. I think that can be fixed with good coaching which believe we have. The problem I have with him is that he doesn't preform well when he's under pressure. Now do I believe he's a franchise qb? I really do believe he is. Do I think we should draft him if given the opportunity? Yes we definitely should. I just think that qbs like Nick Foles and RG3 are just as good.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #55
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Not to highjack the thread but I just wanted to point out this shirt my wife just bought. I didn't want to start a thread about the 2034 draft quite yet, but that's when he will be available, unless he goes as a junior. But I don't want to get my hopes too high at this point....

You may proceed talking about Matt Barkley's over-hypeness.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #56
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
There is a lot to like about Matt Barkley, but out of all the qbs in this draft I think he's the most overrated. I'm going to give you my reasons why I like him and dislike him. He throws beautiful passes and he can do it on a consistent basis. He has a big arm and a quick release. He has good mobility. What I dislike about him is a footwork. He tends to throw the ball off his back foot a lot. I think that can be fixed with good coaching which believe we have. The problem I have with him is that he doesn't preform well when he's under pressure. Now do I believe he's a franchise qb? I really do believe he is. Do I think we should draft him if given the opportunity? Yes we definitely should. I just think that qbs like Nick Foles and RG3 are just as good.
Been watching ND vs. USC. Not impressed w/Barkley. Lots of bubble screens, speed outs and other quick passes under 10 yds that inflate numbers. At least three throws that weren't very tight at all (Kilmer-esque) with no pressure. Mobility is OK at NCAA, he'll get killed outside the pocket in the NFL. I think Barkley would benefit from another year in the NCAA. He will take some time to be successful at the next level. I don't see his upside as high as Bradford's. I wouldn't take him in this draft.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #57
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
Not to highjack the thread but I just wanted to point out this shirt my wife just bought. I didn't want to start a thread about the 2034 draft quite yet, but that's when he will be available, unless he goes as a junior. But I don't want to get my hopes too high at this point....
Congrats!! We'll be expecting SB in 2035 for sure.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #58
53Fan
Franchise Player

Congratulations SkinzWin!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 AM   #59
budw38
Playmaker

Congrads ... 2034 starts a run on Lombardi trophy's and Redskins Park !!
'
Old 10-23-2011, 07:04 AM   #60
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
Because he obviously don't know anything about football. Landry Jones is the second best qb in this draft.
yeah, since every highly rated qb prospect has been a success in the nfl...

just because he is the "second best qb in the draft" doesn't mean he will be a good nfl player. i said that im not sold on him being a good pro, thats a gut feeling from what i've seen from him. i guess that means i "don't know anything about football" since i dont agree with you or some gurus though.

anyways, i liked the little bit i saw from barkley last night. he was going through progressions and looked accurate, and even showed a little mobility.