No Moore Kareem

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: No Moore Kareem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSkins View Post
Moore had a terrible season last year, but he showed flashes. I thought the potential was there for him to be serviceable as a starter and a good backup at FS. I still have no idea as to why Reed Doughty is still being marched out as the starting FS with Atogwe out, at least give Gomes a shot, and I really have a hard team believing that Doughty is a better option at FS than Moore. Perhaps the coaching staff was not too confident with Moore's knee.
So continues our team's continuing practice of putting strong safeties with poor coverage skills at the free safety position. Atogwe's injuries has really screwed up the secondary and not having a safety with good coverage skills is not helping the situation. Given that they are trying out young guys, I would say put Gomes out there if he has any coverage skills.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #17
vallin21
The Starter

Hate bringing up ST#21, but the day he died was the day our FS problems began; and we've never since replaced him with a decent option.

Hopefully we can get (via draft) a FS this year in the 2-3rd round.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:04 PM   #18
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Here I'm thinking championship after picking up Stallworth and then the team throws this news at me......
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #19
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Hate bringing up ST#21, but the day he died was the day our FS problems began; and we've never since replaced him with a decent option.

Hopefully we can get (via draft) a FS this year in the 2-3rd round.

Yeah I hate when people still bring it up also.

For the life of me I can't figure out what makes the Skins coaches think Landry or Doughty are decent FS's or could even play the position. I think it has been atleast 5 yrs now most of us fans complain about the lack of coverage skills by the two. Both are suited for SS in the box attacking the QB or RB.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:09 PM   #20
freddyg12
Playmaker

Everybody here's bein hard on Doughty as a FS, but teams have not beat us deep much w/him there. Sure he's limited & doesn't often make plays on the ball. Overall, coverage has not been our problem during this losing streak IMO.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #21
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

If you want quality starting free safeties, you usually have to commit a high draft pick(3rd round or higher) or make a FA signing. Just the nature of the beast. Dwell on that for a moment.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So continues our team's continuing practice of putting strong safeties with poor coverage skills at the free safety position. Atogwe's injuries has really screwed up the secondary and not having a safety with good coverage skills is not helping the situation. Given that they are trying out young guys, I would say put Gomes out there if he has any coverage skills.
They came very very close to starting Gomes last week.

Mentioned this a few weeks ago, but what if we had gone with Allen's choice and drafted Eric Berry? No idea who our left tackle would be
Old 11-15-2011, 11:55 PM   #23
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Everybody here's bein hard on Doughty as a FS, but teams have not beat us deep much w/him there. Sure he's limited & doesn't often make plays on the ball. Overall, coverage has not been our problem during this losing streak IMO.
Yeah I think doughty gets more hate then he should. He's not a starting caliber saftey but he's done decent. I have much bigger problems w our corners then I do w reed.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:02 AM   #24
mlmpetert
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

Mentioned this a few weeks ago, but what if we had gone with Allen's choice and drafted Eric Berry? No idea who our left tackle would be
As much as id love to have berry can you imagine our outrage if we drafted a saftey (even as good as berry) over tw or okung? There would have been a riot.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #25
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmpetert View Post
As much as id love to have berry can you imagine our outrage if we drafted a saftey (even as good as berry) over tw or okung? There would have been a riot.
Everyone would have been definitely aching over Okung. Not many Skins' fans wanted Trent, from my limited knowledge of the situation. Heck, folks might have said "we should have drafted Clausen".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #26
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:

McNabb
Old 11-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #27
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Everyone would have been definitely aching over Okung. Not many Skins' fans wanted Trent, from my limited knowledge of the situation. Heck, folks might have said "we should have drafted Clausen".
Man I'd pretty much forgotten Okung what's his status?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #28
Sonny9TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Since Edgar Allen Poe's work is incredible, I'm partial to this heading. Change it please.
A fellow Poe admirer. Nice. Just read "Hop Frog"
Sonny9TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #29
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:

At FS I take it? I know they intended to play him at FS when he was drafted, but man that's a big jump for him. Can't see that playin Romo & co. this week. Seems more a SS. Instincts seem good though, he's a ball player if nothing else.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #30
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Man I'd pretty much forgotten Okung what's his status?
He's been injured a couple of times, but he's been getting good reviews the time that he has played. Matt Williamson from Football Today raves about him at times.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote