Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #61
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I agree 100% with the first poster. Seasons done. Time to be competitive and lose, so we get a high draft pick and decide whose really worth keeping.
How do you create a winning tradition by losing?
:smashfrea

Advertisements
Old 11-28-2011, 09:22 PM   #62
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
How do you create a winning tradition by losing?
:smashfrea
I can't really see how you sell the Suck for Luck philosophy to the locker room with a straight face?
Like "Okay boys we're gonna lose today...for success...and then we'll kick ass and win next season....RIGHT"?
Okay Al your in.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #63
T.O.Killa
The Starter

I can't believe that we beat the Seahawks. I was routing against the Redskins with everything I had. We have a chance to get a great QB like Mat Barkley and we blow it. I am a season ticket holder, I have seats in the lower level 9th row, on th 5 yard line. I will give them up if they dont get an aceptable Quarterback. I just cant watch this crap anymore. The article in the examiner summed it up best. The Redskins are turning a lost season into a lost draft, by winning.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #64
GusFrerotte

There are too many top notch caliber Qbs in this draft to want to "Suck for Luck". Luck is very good, but might not be the best fit for us or he may even not make the transitiion to the NFl very well. A guy we have left out of the equation is Brandon Weeden from OSU. He is 6'4" 215 lbs and can gun the thing down the field. Sure it helps he had the next stud WR as his main target, but he still is a fine QB. Of course you have Luck, Barkely, RG III, and some lesser QBs, that at least will give you a decent backup.

Last edited by GusFrerotte; 11-28-2011 at 10:29 PM.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #65
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I can't believe that we beat the Seahawks. I was routing against the Redskins with everything I had. We have a chance to get a great QB like Mat Barkley and we blow it. I am a season ticket holder, I will give th I have seats in the lower level 9th row, on th 5 yard line. em up if they dont get an aceptable Quarterback. I just cant watch this crap anymore. The article in the examiner summed it up best. The Redskins are turning a lost season into a lost draft, by winning.
So be it...
You cannot build a winning attitude and tradition by........taking a dive..
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:41 PM   #66
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.Killa View Post
I can't believe that we beat the Seahawks. I was routing against the Redskins with everything I had. We have a chance to get a great QB like Mat Barkley and we blow it. I am a season ticket holder, I have seats in the lower level 9th row, on th 5 yard line. I will give them up if they dont get an aceptable Quarterback. I just cant watch this crap anymore. The article in the examiner summed it up best. The Redskins are turning a lost season into a lost draft, by winning.
What Examiner article was this?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #67
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What Examiner article was this?
Rick Snider: Winning now all the rage for Redskins | Rick Snider | NFL | Washington Examiner

It is the right link.

"
After a decent effort in the 27-24 overtime loss to Dallas and a middling victory over Seattle, is Washington finally turning a lost season into a lost draft? Each win further distances the Redskins from getting a franchise quarterback. Or is it merely that teams always have a chance in the NFL and Washington simply outlasted another bad team?"

Last edited by T.O.Killa; 11-28-2011 at 10:58 PM.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #68
MTK
\m/

You play to win the game. Nuff said.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #69
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Very true Matty, but TOKilla is one of many skins fans that are pissed, like me, over a dying team. The skins this year remind me of a fish being caught during fishing. The fisherman catchs it, it seems like it could be a promising fish at first glance, he thinks he's having a big dinner off this fish (first 4 games this year), then he gets it in and its just a small fish (the past 6 games) he wants to throw it away so he can get a better fish (Barkley, Griffin, Luck) but decides to be greedy and keep it incase he wants to save it for just himself and not his family (beating seattle).

Yes I just compared the Redskins season to fishing.

But really this site is going to have a major following of die hard skins fans I respect that, but the majority of skins fans in the rest of society know we aren't good and know we need to get a great QB to win, and have had it up to here with losing all the time.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:56 AM   #70
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
You play to win the game. Nuff said.
Some people just don't get this. I hope we win out and then let the chips fall where they may in the draft.

Jesus. what a bunch of loser fans. This thread is aptly titled.

Just so we are clear, I am a diehard fan, I know we suck, and I know we need a QB to build on. None of this changes my hope that they win every game they play. The draft is a crap shoot - you don't lose just to get a better seat at the table of randomness.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #71
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Very true Matty, but TOKilla is one of many skins fans that are pissed, like me, over a dying team. The skins this year remind me of a fish being caught during fishing. The fisherman catchs it, it seems like it could be a promising fish at first glance, he thinks he's having a big dinner off this fish (first 4 games this year), then he gets it in and its just a small fish (the past 6 games) he wants to throw it away so he can get a better fish (Barkley, Griffin, Luck) but decides to be greedy and keep it incase he wants to save it for just himself and not his family (beating seattle).

But really this site is going to have a major following of die hard skins fans I respect that, but the majority of skins fans in the rest of society know we aren't good and know we need to get a great QB to win, and have had it up to here with losing all the time.
If Shanahan doesn't get the QB he wants next offseason, that's all on him and not because we won late in the season. You all act like just picking up one of these guys will cure everything, yet we have no idea what QB Mike Shanahan wants. After the McNabb fiasco, I want to make sure that Shanahan gets the QB he wants, and it won't be easy.

I would rather give up a few picks and get the QB that Shanahan wants, rather than tank the rest of the season. What's the point of getting young guys playing time if they are going to lose? I would rather finish out strong, have our young guys develop a winning attitude and come back stronger next offseason.

In the end, there will be a way for our team to get a franchise quarterback and you have to trust the front office to do that next offseason. But please everyone shut the f*ck up with this "we need to lose sh*t". If that is your attitude, go be a f*cking Cowpuke fan and get the hell off this board.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #72
MTK
\m/

Quote:

The way to breath life into a dying team is not more losing.

You can't have it both ways. You can't be pissed about losing, but then get pissed when they win.

We're going to be in position to get a QB whether we win 3 games or 6.

As far as your fishing story, that's why you wait til the end of the day to judge your haul. The season is 16 games, not 4, not 8. Those that got their hopes up too high after a 3-1 start only have themselves to blame.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #73
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
If Shanahan doesn't get the QB he wants next offseason, that's all on him and not because we won late in the season. You all act like just picking up one of these guys will cure everything, yet we have no idea what QB Mike Shanahan wants. After the McNabb fiasco, I want to make sure that Shanahan gets the QB he wants, and it won't be easy.

I would rather give up a few picks and get the QB that Shanahan wants, rather than tank the rest of the season. What's the point of getting young guys playing time if they are going to lose? I would rather finish out strong, have our young guys develop a winning attitude and come back stronger next offseason.

In the end, there will be a way for our team to get a franchise quarterback and you have to trust the front office to do that next offseason. But please everyone shut the f*ck up with this "we need to lose sh*t". If that is your attitude, go be a f*cking Cowpuke fan and get the hell off this board.
And that's the attitude I'm referring to folks. You need wake up call as to where your team is bud.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #74
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

If you think tanking a season will land you a franchise QB for years to come, let me introduce you to Heath Shuler.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #75
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
And that's the attitude I'm referring to folks. You need wake up call as to where your team is bud.
Tanking and losing is not the only way to get a franchise QB. But please, go to Ashburn and tell these guys that they need to lose and see the reaction that you get.

I swear some fans can be so narrow-minded.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote