fantasy projections

Fantasy Football

Old 06-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #31
scowan
The Starter

Re: fantasy projections

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
At 10 and 11(I assume) I'd take best player available based on some projections/scoring system/scarcity. At 10 you' probably wont be able to get a top tier guy. You're talking the next tier(in my mind) or guys who are simply really good and not mortal locks for good season. Guys like James or Johnson may be there. The top WRs will be there. Peyton certainly wont be. I am not a big first round QB taker but if Peyton is there you almost have to take him.

I think you need to get two top tier type players there and that probably means WR.
Thanks for the advice FRPLG, I do have 10 and 11. 11 will be Clinton Portis my keeper from last year, so 10 is what I am focusing on. Then it will be picks 30 and 31. I believe our thinking is the same. I will have to get the best available, but I am hoping for at least a 2nd tier RB. I won my league last year with average QBs, but I got S. Alexander in round 1 and Portis in round 3 and they carried my team. Unless a can't miss like Peyton is available, I will probably pass on a QB and go RB. I am scared to wait until the 30 or 31 pick to try and get a RB.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #32
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
Thanks for the advice FRPLG, I do have 10 and 11. 11 will be Clinton Portis my keeper from last year, so 10 is what I am focusing on. Then it will be picks 30 and 31. I believe our thinking is the same. I will have to get the best available, but I am hoping for at least a 2nd tier RB. I won my league last year with average QBs, but I got S. Alexander in round 1 and Portis in round 3 and they carried my team. Unless a can't miss like Peyton is available, I will probably pass on a QB and go RB. I am scared to wait until the 30 or 31 pick to try and get a RB.
What is your scoring system like?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #33
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowan
Hey guys, while we are on the topic of fantasy projections, what would you do with this "Keeper League" situation...... Let's say you could keep either Cooley TE or Anquin Boldin at WR. Knowing you have to start 2 WRs and 1 TE, do I keep Boldin and throw Cooley back, or keep Cooley and shop for WRs. Those of you with magazines what are the projections for Boldin?
The value this year is at TE and RB, espicially if you only play two WR's. Keep Cooley and see if you can add someone better than Boldin in rounds 2-3.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #34
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

what kind of (fantasy) season do you guys think jamal lewis will have? will he rebound or just keep on sucking?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #35
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz
what kind of (fantasy) season do you guys think jamal lewis will have? will he rebound or just keep on sucking?
He's behind the worst line in the NFL (despit Ogden, so thats really saying something), and his carries are going to tank. Pass on him.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #36
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
He's behind the worst line in the NFL (despit Ogden, so thats really saying something), and his carries are going to tank. Pass on him.
I was jsut posing the question, I don't draft until right before the season. It's funny, last year I think I would have rolled the dice on him with the 5th overall pick if we hadn't waited till after the preseason to draft. I thought he was going to have a good season for some reason, but I'm glad I actually thought that one through. This year, I might spend a late rounder on him if I feel like I don't need a backup tightend.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #37
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Here's a really good question this year: Which Moss do you want on your fantasy team?

Santana or Randy?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:04 PM   #38
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

Randy. I think he and Brooks will work well under Art Shell.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #39
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG
What is your scoring system like?
Less emphasis on QB scoring, here goes.... 3 pts passing TD, 6pts rushing or receiving TD, 10 points for 250 yards passing, 1 point for every 25 yards after, 100 for rushing or receiving yards, 1 point for each 10 yards after.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote