The Playoff Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-18-2022, 09:19 AM   #211
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
yeah the scramble at the end was a boneheaded Cousins type of play for sure, he needed to go down about 5 yards earlier
He needed to not do it at all. It doesn't take a genius to look at the clock with 14 seconds left and know that's 2, at a squeeze 3, pass plays or 1 run. You're at the opponents 41 yard line, and they're now defending the side-line so your only realistic hopes are putting a throw into the EZ or somewhere inside the 20 and run after the catch. Any play that doesn't result in the TD, an inc. or get it OOB, is not going to stop the clock in time, in any game. You aren't getting a 41 yard run for the TD at this point (barring some kind of miracle where the entire D falls down), so you have to know running the ball is either going to lose you the remining clock, or give you one last shot, maybe 30 yards out. I don't get the logic of reducing yourself to 1 slightly easier EZ shot instead of taking 2+ shots at it from the 41. I mean, Dak can throw the ball further than 40 yards, right?!

Last edited by AnonEmouse; 01-18-2022 at 09:21 AM. Reason: typo
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2022, 09:22 AM   #212
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Rams probably don't have a first rounder until who knows when, but now they've won at least one playoff game this year and last year. They've gone to the playoffs 4 times in the past 5 years, including a trip to the SB.

I think we need to make Seattle a Godfather offer and get Russ to DC.
Wilson would never leave Seattle to come here. Never. Plus he has a no trade clause. The chances of him waiving that to come to this franchise is zero.

All of this talk about Rodgers, Wilson and Carr I feel is just that. Talk. Rodgers may have the best chance of leaving but again, zero percent chance he comes here.

If this organization wants to get players on that level they'll have to be drafted. We all know this organization's reputation around the league is in the toilet. We are basically a slight notch above the Jags.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:16 AM   #213
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We all know this organization's reputation around the league is in the toilet. We are basically a slight notch above the Jags.
You're not wrong, but there are a few barely a notch above us. I'd put the Giants, Dolphins, Texans and Raiders in that bracket after this season.

I think we could attract a 'good' QB with the right package, I just don't see Wilson, Rodgers or Carr moving at all, and a Watson deal (even were he willing) could backfire big style. Right now, I don't see any starting QB moving teams in a hurry, and none that are likely to move worth biting anyone's hand off for.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:23 AM   #214
MTK
\m/

I can't shake the feeling we're looking at someone like Jimmy G under center next year.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #215
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Some commentator was talking about the end of the Cowboys game - basically said every coach knows it takes 17-18 seconds to run a play and clock it - so you don't call a play like that if you don't have the time. Wouldn't be the first time McCarthy mis-managed the clock.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:33 AM   #216
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I can't shake the feeling we're looking at someone like Jimmy G under center next year.
He is a caricature of every underwhelming QB in the league. When you look at their fatal flaws he does them well. I could see him being here next year unfortunately.

I really hope we don't go after Jordan Love when the Packers negotiate out with Rodgers in the off season. He is not an NFL starter either.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:34 AM   #217
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
love it

F Dallas
Seriously this season was better then if they went 0 and 17; just it all falling apart was so great!

Any one with a "good" record in the NFC EAST its pretty much smoke and mirrors. horrible division and you can soak up easy wins to pad your stats.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:42 AM   #218
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
He is a caricature of every underwhelming QB in the league. When you look at their fatal flaws he does them well. I could see him being here next year unfortunately.

I really hope we don't go after Jordan Love when the Packers negotiate out with Rodgers in the off season. He is not an NFL starter either.
Sad thing is he'd be a significant upgrade to Heinicke.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:49 AM   #219
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I could live with Jimmy G as a 1-2 year bridge to next years draft. But he's certainly not a long term solution.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #220
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why I know we will probably strike out again on a premium QB…why not do what other teams do with the same problems and build a dominant run game? Grab another RB…we have decent run blocking oline…scheme it up and focus on leaning on this while we search for an answer

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 12:09 PM   #221
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Tennessee, 49ers, Pittsburgh, pats…Baltimore usually…aren’t in the playoffs bc of QB, they are there because they have a great running game which compliments avg QB play

He Gets Us
Old 01-18-2022, 03:02 PM   #222
Ohioskins
Special Teams

We need to figure out how to be in the top 2 picks for the 2023 draft, the one that will include Bryce Young and JD Stroud. They are franchise quarterbacks.
Ohioskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:14 PM   #223
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohioskins View Post
We need to figure out how to be in the top 2 picks for the 2023 draft, the one that will include Bryce Young and JD Stroud. They are franchise quarterbacks.
That would be great. That kid is fun to watch.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:33 PM   #224
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Both the Cowboys and Eagles were "flying high" after beating an injury and COVID riddled WFT twice down the stretch. They had a false sense of who they actually were going into the post season. I think a healthy WFT would have fared better than both those teams this weekend.

Hurts is holding that team back even more than Heinicke held back the WFT. Dallas might have more talent (debatable at every position other than QB), but they are an undisciplined bunch with a shitty leader.

I have no fears going into next season. If RR and staff can upgrade the QB position, find a true #2 WR, and a solid MLB, WFT is the team to beat in my opinion.
Concur with EVERYTHING you said above.

By the way, I told several Cowboys and Eagles fans the same thing nearly verbatim re: "Both the Cowboys and Eagles were "flying high" after beating an injury and COVID riddled WFT twice down the stretch. They had a false sense of who they actually were going into the post season. I think a healthy WFT would have fared better than both those teams this weekend."
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 07:59 PM   #225
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Damn I wish Cincy would have taken Chase.

Burrow is gonna be great. Burrow, Allen and Herbert are the future of great QBs.

He Gets Us