Predictions and Projections 2021 WFT Results

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-18-2021, 03:50 PM   #16
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Predictions and Projections 2021 WFT Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I will be VERY impressed if we get into the top 3. We will play multiple good to great QBs so it will be challenging for the defense to contain all QBs.
You're right, it would be very impressive, especially given the competition this year. But as far as 'points allowed' goes, I think it is very doable as long as there isn't a rash of injuries.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #17
SunnySide
Playmaker

I think the NFC east could be a toss up with us, giants and boys. Eagles may have to go through some growing pains with Hurts.

giants offense added FA wr Kenny Golladay, drafted speedster Toney, FA te kyle rudolph to pair with Engram plus a healthy Barkley. If Barkley played last season, we are probably watching them in the playoffs.

defense they added added Adore Jackson to pair with lockdown corner Bradberry. Bradberry balled last year imo. drafted a touted pass rusher in the 2nd round who fell.

idk man .. i think its going to be some real competitive, no cake walk NFC east. Plus we play the harder schedule in the NFC east.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #18
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

The Giants offensive line is awful. So is their quarterback. Their offense could add Jerry Rice in his prime and it wouldn’t be enough. It is between us and Dallas until Dak gets dinged up.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:15 PM   #19
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Dallas, assuming health on the offense, will win 10 to 12 games. They have the most favorable schedule in the division, and their offense is explosive.
We will have to sweep them, and be focused throughout the season to repeat as NFCE champs. It definitely won't be easy, but I think we have the team that can, and I trust Rivera/JDR's defense to close out teams late in the games. We just can't spot teams 14 to 20 points due to incompetent 1st quarters like we consistently did last year.
Dak is broken y’all. Shoulder is not well. Even if he starts the regular season he’s not playing the whole season. Our defense is going to “Carson Wentz” him. And their current #1 QB starting this week Gilbert is, well…

The only threat to us I see this year is the Giants I’d Daniel Jones stops turning the ball over (which I doubt bc their oline is a wreck.

So kids, even at 8-9, we’ve got the division this year. Grab you juice boxes and enjoy back to back division championships.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 07:42 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The Chargers last time I checked were a 1 point road favorite which was shocking to me. Maybe Vegas knows something we don't lol. I think we drop one to either the Chargers or Saints. I think 12 is stretching it but I could see 10-7.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:05 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

The opening spread is now even on most sites
Old 08-21-2021, 04:46 PM   #22
calia
Playmaker

Predictions and Projections 2021 WFT Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I think the NFC east could be a toss up with us, giants and boys. Eagles may have to go through some growing pains with Hurts.

giants offense added FA wr Kenny Golladay, drafted speedster Toney, FA te kyle rudolph to pair with Engram plus a healthy Barkley. If Barkley played last season, we are probably watching them in the playoffs.

defense they added added Adore Jackson to pair with lockdown corner Bradberry. Bradberry balled last year imo. drafted a touted pass rusher in the 2nd round who fell.

idk man .. i think its going to be some real competitive, no cake walk NFC east. Plus we play the harder schedule in the NFC east.

Toney has been dreadful in camp and the PS. I think he may be a bust. Their O line has issues too. But the Giants D is stout.

Dallas - honestly, I have no idea. Dak being healthy is key and he hasn’t been so far. The Ewok needs to step up too and then am hoping that he and his fanny pack suck like last year. But they could be dangerous and their D will improve (it has only one way to go).

I think Philly will be dreadful.

I seen us as 11-6 best case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

9-8 or worse.

Fitzpatrick will be equal parts magic and tragic. The rest of the squad is good to great - but qb is the biggest factor in terms of offense putting up points and he will have moments where we are convinced he's a stud but he will also have equal moments of inaccuracy and turnovers. It will be frustrating and there will be fans calling for Ron's head for him going with Fitzpatrick (ignoring that 2/3 teams in the NFL were also looking for a qb this offseason).
Old 08-22-2021, 12:38 PM   #24
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
9-8 or worse.

Fitzpatrick will be equal parts magic and tragic. The rest of the squad is good to great - but qb is the biggest factor in terms of offense putting up points and he will have moments where we are convinced he's a stud but he will also have equal moments of inaccuracy and turnovers. It will be frustrating and there will be fans calling for Ron's head for him going with Fitzpatrick (ignoring that 2/3 teams in the NFL were also looking for a qb this offseason).

Recent history says he is playing his best ball, and he is going into the year as the bonafide starter, and he has a full team around him. I dont know, it is possible the stars have finally aligned for Fitz.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Recent history says he is playing his best ball, and he is going into the year as the bonafide starter, and he has a full team around him. I dont know, it is possible the stars have finally aligned for Fitz.
Does recent history include his first two preseason games this year? He's had some inaccurate passes, and a couple gems. The results I've seen line up consistently with his history - which is him being inconsistent.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:07 PM   #26
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
I keep hearing that his recent play has been better. While it appears that his completion percentage has improved over the last three years, with regard to interceptions he has been status quo.

Over the last six years, for every 100 pass attempts, he is throwing just over three interceptions, which is almost identical to the last three years, and almost identical to his career average. It's not good. It's below average.

While he now has a defense that can hopefully make up for some of his mistakes, with the opponents on the schedule, it will be crucial for him to improve in the INT category. Even with a great defense, it will not be in the team's best interest to give extra opportunities to J Allen, P Mahomes, A Rodgers, T Brady, R Wilson, D Prescott, et al.
Old 08-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I keep hearing that his recent play has been better. While it appears that his completion percentage has improved over the last three years, with regard to interceptions he has been status quo.

Over the last six years, for every 100 pass attempts, he is throwing just over three interceptions, which is almost identical to the last three years, and almost identical to his career average. It's not good. It's below average.

While he now has a defense that can hopefully make up for some of his mistakes, with the opponents on the schedule, it will be crucial for him to improve in the INT category. Even with a great defense, it will not be in the team's best interest to give extra opportunities to J Allen, P Mahomes, A Rodgers, T Brady, R Wilson, D Prescott, et al.
I think one thing that will help, and was mentioned on the last broadcast, is his receiver group are good 50/50 catchers. Not having watched Fitz closely, that may or may not make a difference but between having very good receivers (shocking to say) AND a stifling defense should help minimize the damage from Fitztragic moments.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 03:42 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Skins are a .500 team which is good enough to be competitive in this division. The defense should keep us in games, but we need the offense this year to win some for us. We get that we could win 10. The offense needs to take the step the defense did last year.

I’ve been hearing recently that the Giants and Eagles are underrated especially when it comes to win totals. Simply not buying either. The Giants are gonna have big trouble with their oline…and unproven group of skill players who haven’t played together. Barkley they says is on schedule but he’s not fully back. Eagles defense isn’t that great and there QB…a big question mark with a rookie HC…?

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #29
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Yeah, I'm looking for more than 'competitive in the division'. I'm looking for at least one postseason win, if not a trip to the NFC Championship game. The offense will most definitely have to take a step or two forward, and Fitz will have to be better than usual, in order to do that. Hopefully his new supporting cast will make a difference, and help him get it done.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:21 PM   #30
nonniey
The Starter

Really tough to predict the Redskins record but I think both offense and defense improved (Defense in secondary and offense at QB and WR) so I think they will repeat as division champions and win at least one playoff game.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote