Stafford in WFT Plans? He’s Available

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-24-2021, 11:05 PM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Stafford in WFT Plans? He’s Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Maybe with Stafford this team wins three more games THIS year - perhaps even more...but they won't have the luxury of playing a bunch of backup QBs next year, and this division will be better. QB is the most glaring need, but definitely not the only need.

However, there's no reason to believe that they can't address WR, TE, LB, DB, and O-line in the draft and via free agency. Just can't "give up the farm" for a QB.
We are going to spend alot of capital to get a qb (most likely) because it is by far the most important and unsettled spot. Look who is in the superbowl this year.

That said a 1 and 3 this year possibly a conditional next year isn't giving up the farm. We have 2 3s i believe, this year's first is almost certainly going for some qb somewhere, and our cap room isn't restrictive.

Get a WR in FA, qb in Stafford and extend him, and use the 2nd round for the best lb on the board and then fill the remaining slots bpa.

That team likely wins the division convincingly next season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2021, 11:18 PM   #62
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
We are going to spend alot of capital to get a qb (most likely) because it is by far the most important and unsettled spot. Look who is in the superbowl this year.

That said a 1 and 3 this year possibly a conditional next year isn't giving up the farm. We have 2 3s i believe, this year's first is almost certainly going for some qb somewhere, and our cap room isn't restrictive.

Get a WR in FA, qb in Stafford and extend him, and use the 2nd round for the best lb on the board and then fill the remaining slots bpa.

That team likely wins the division convincingly next season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Maybe that team would do well, and maybe we'll find out. We'll see. I'm just saying that you can't get all gaga about winning the division this year, and somehow that makes this team soooo close. You have to look at the circumstances that played into this team winning the division. Chances are they won't be as fortunate next year with their opponents.

I've said that a 1 and 3 is my ceiling for Stafford. I'm not interested in giving up more than that.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:27 PM   #63
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Ok, let me ask, we won 7 games this year with basically garbage at QB, Stafford would probably take 3 of those close losses (Giants x2, just about any of the Haskins performances) and potentially make them wins, which would get us to 10 wins. Do you think a WR, TE, LB, and S could be found in the draft and FA??

If it ends up being a 1st a 3rd and like Landon Collins or something would you be in on that??
Quake, if the price is a first and a third, I would do that, because if the trade doesn't work out it might set us back a year or two. But if the price was in the same neighborhood as RG3's price - the answer is no. We can't pull a Saints and mortgage the future to win now - look at how screwed they are for next year minimum with no qb and 100 mil over the cap.

Yes we can fix the holes this offseason but it's not guaranteed. Also LOL at Landon Collins and any of you thinking he's worth something in a trade because he hasn't exactly been all-pro worthy since signing with us. Also my faith in Rivera's plan will go down if his solution is throwing big money out in FA.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:47 PM   #64
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Maybe with Stafford this team wins three more games THIS year - perhaps even more...but they won't have the luxury of playing a bunch of backup QBs next year, and this division will be better. QB is the most glaring need, but definitely not the only need.

However, there's no reason to believe that they can't address WR, TE, LB, DB, and O-line in the draft and via free agency. Just can't "give up the farm" for a QB.
Granted, but with the worst cumulative QB play this year we went 4-2 in the division and came within 4 points of sweeping it altogether, I wouldnt give up the farm either but that is what we would be doing if we got Watson. A first, and a 3rd for Stafford seems fine enough for me seeing that I dont see a QB available at 19 that is better than him and will come in immediately and produce at his level.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:48 PM   #65
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Quake, if the price is a first and a third, I would do that, because if the trade doesn't work out it might set us back a year or two. But if the price was in the same neighborhood as RG3's price - the answer is no. We can't pull a Saints and mortgage the future to win now - look at how screwed they are for next year minimum with no qb and 100 mil over the cap.

Yes we can fix the holes this offseason but it's not guaranteed. Also LOL at Landon Collins and any of you thinking he's worth something in a trade because he hasn't exactly been all-pro worthy since signing with us. Also my faith in Rivera's plan will go down if his solution is throwing big money out in FA.
I 100% agree with that, no way do I give up multiple 1sts and a 2nd for Stafford

Old 01-24-2021, 11:54 PM   #66
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:

I dont think Landon gets traded I just want him gone lol

Old 01-24-2021, 11:55 PM   #67
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
100%

Though I think it would likely command a 1, 3, and Jonathan Allen or Montez sweat.

Which I wouldn't be ok with.
No Sweat, Allen, Payne, Matty, or obviously Chase on that trade.

Old 01-25-2021, 12:07 AM   #68
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I dont think Landon gets traded I just want him gone lol
You and me both lol. If Ron brings back Collins next year because of his contract my faith in him will plummet. Trade or release - he's gotta go.

Also in your other post add Terry Mac to that list. No d-line or Terry Mac, or even Curl for that matter. Anybody else I'd consider.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:23 AM   #69
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
You and me both lol. If Ron brings back Collins next year because of his contract my faith in him will plummet. Trade or release - he's gotta go.

Also in your other post add Terry Mac to that list. No d-line or Terry Mac, or even Curl for that matter. Anybody else I'd consider.
Agreed, I would add Gibson to that as well.

Old 01-25-2021, 08:13 AM   #70
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

First this year draft and 2nd next year...I’m not thinking twice

Why isn’t Stafford a Redskin yet? Ron, get this done

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:22 AM   #71
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Is it ok if I secretly hope that A-Rod is still pissed about the Packers drafting Jordan Love enough for him to retire, then we lose the bidding war for Stafford and plan on going into the season with Heinicke as QB1, then after the draft is over Rodgers gets the itch to play again and pulls a Favre to get out of his deal and signs with us as a free agent? I can still dream that right?
There is only one A Rod and he was a asshole.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:23 AM   #72
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Y’all killing me with these “Ron needs to show me”, “Ron needs to do what I demand or I won’t trust him anymore” or “Why ain’t this done yet” posts.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #73
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/24/was...thew-stafford/

This article sums up how I feel about the Stafford sweepstakes (and Watson for that matter). I'm torn, because I'm not sure it's a great idea to give away assets when there are still so many needs. Especially if you can get a quality QB in free agency (I still think that is the way to go).

I guess I would do a first and third if that will get it done, and would still allow them to make some moves in free agency, sign Scherff, etc. But I'm not ok with throwing in any players, and I'm not ok with giving away any more draft picks.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:19 AM   #74
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
https://riggosrag.com/2021/01/24/was...thew-stafford/

This article sums up how I feel about the Stafford sweepstakes (and Watson for that matter). I'm torn, because I'm not sure it's a great idea to give away assets when there are still so many needs. Especially if you can get a quality QB in free agency (I still think that is the way to go).

I guess I would do a first and third if that will get it done, and would still allow them to make some moves in free agency, sign Scherff, etc. But I'm not ok with throwing in any players, and I'm not ok with giving away any more draft picks.
So what decent QB do you think is available in FA? The names I’ve seen are pretty blah unless a surprise or two happens. That’s why I think they may do a trade even if it might me too much (hopefully not too much), strike while you can because of FA is a bust you’re stuck with Allen and Heinicke, which I consider less than ideal.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:20 AM   #75
MTK
\m/

Go big or get the F out. I don't want to dick around with some BS like Jimmy G or Darnold. Those guys are borderline upgrades to what we already have.