Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot


The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #301
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,200
Re: The Bad News Thread

Glad I had the opportunity to see Petty in 2013, always hoped for another chance. He was just phenomenal. RIP.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #302
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,510
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Some days just go into the toilet and never get better. Tragic loss both on the mega scale of LV and the individual talent of Tom Petty.


Well said. First Vegas and now this.Days like today always seem to put things into perspective,what's important and what isn't.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:23 PM   #303
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,215
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Well said. First Vegas and now this.Days like today always seem to put things into perspective,what's important and what isn't.
Is it bad that I'm so desensitized to these mass shootings that I'm just like, "oh another one. RIP innocents, fuck people who want to kill other people." As shitty as it is, it doesn't change anything. No new laws are going to get passed that make it harder to get high powered weaponry, or get people to take mental health more seriously in this country. People are just going to say a prayer for the deceased and their loved ones, the left is going to blame Congress for not doing anything, and the right is going to talk about how gun restrictions aren't going to solve anything (look at every city where guns are banned! it doesn't stop murders or anything). And life will go on until the next incident, when we'll repeat the cycle.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:00 PM   #304
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,804
Re: The Bad News Thread

It was such a nice month for the good news thread. Of course this piece of shit thread needs some attention.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #305
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 22,804
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Glad I had the opportunity to see Petty in 2013, always hoped for another chance. He was just phenomenal. RIP.


Saw him around 2005? He was awesome. Great great show. Heaven pretty much had all the great ones now. Minus a few.
Just two days ago i popped a petty cd into the car out of nowhere. Cheers Tom and enjoy the great gig in the sky.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #306
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,510
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Is it bad that I'm so desensitized to these mass shootings that I'm just like, "oh another one. RIP innocents, fuck people who want to kill other people." As shitty as it is, it doesn't change anything. No new laws are going to get passed that make it harder to get high powered weaponry, or get people to take mental health more seriously in this country. People are just going to say a prayer for the deceased and their loved ones, the left is going to blame Congress for not doing anything, and the right is going to talk about how gun restrictions aren't going to solve anything (look at every city where guns are banned! it doesn't stop murders or anything). And life will go on until the next incident, when we'll repeat the cycle.


IMO, and that is all it is. I say yes but I understand how people would after a while. Doesn't make anyone a bad person or anything like that I am much older than you and I know how perspective changes with age,it's just normal.As I said before it's sad that people whom seem to have it all together have to do things of this nature.Will it ever end?
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:48 PM   #307
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,795
Re: The Bad News Thread

It absolutely impossible to cut of the coverage of the Vegas shooting. Its everywhere...cant avoid it. Really sux...
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:28 PM   #308
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,215
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It absolutely impossible to cut of the coverage of the Vegas shooting. Its everywhere...cant avoid it. Really sux...
Media has to milk it. Sooner or later we should know everything about this guy. I'm personally curious if he's a two-ply or one-ply guy myself.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:30 PM   #309
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,215
Re: The Bad News Thread

So i walk out the door to go to work today and discover i have a flat tire so im gonna be late. Well that sucks but no biggie, at least its not snowing anymore so it could be worse. I already plugged the tire twice so this time i decide to throw the spare on and go to work. Im almost done putting the spare on when suddenly my dog breaks free a worn out board on the fence and decides to go exploring beyond the wide world of my backyard. I stand up to go chase him and strain my back. What feels like an hour later i finally grab him near the end of the block as he stops to take a leak. I start attempting to go to work and call my coworker to let him know and he says to just stay home and take it easy so i do. Im typing this as i lay on the floor abou to go to bed, hoping tomorrow will be easier to deal with because the impending freezing temps means we might get admin pay for the first time in two winters.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:54 AM   #310
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,510
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So i walk out the door to go to work today and discover i have a flat tire so im gonna be late. Well that sucks but no biggie, at least its not snowing anymore so it could be worse. I already plugged the tire twice so this time i decide to throw the spare on and go to work. Im almost done putting the spare on when suddenly my dog breaks free a worn out board on the fence and decides to go exploring beyond the wide world of my backyard. I stand up to go chase him and strain my back. What feels like an hour later i finally grab him near the end of the block as he stops to take a leak. I start attempting to go to work and call my coworker to let him know and he says to just stay home and take it easy so i do. Im typing this as i lay on the floor abou to go to bed, hoping tomorrow will be easier to deal with because the impending freezing temps means we might get admin pay for the first time in two winters.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Rough morning! Hope it's all better.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #311
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,215
Re: The Bad News Thread

Some days the world just tries testing your limits. Thanks G1. It'll get better, a heating pad and sleeping on the floor usually helps.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:47 AM   #312
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 42
Posts: 19,216
Re: The Bad News Thread

Damn. Sorry to hear it man. That's one of those "when it rains it pours" moments.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #313
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 20,215
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Damn. Sorry to hear it man. That's one of those "when it rains it pours" moments.
Thanks TMC. In the grand scheme of things it feels insignificant, but right now with a stiff back it's just another nagging annoyance. A few days of r/r and some stretching and I'll be fine. And the weekend starts tomorrow so it could be worse.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #314
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,795
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
So i walk out the door to go to work today and discover i have a flat tire so im gonna be late. Well that sucks but no biggie, at least its not snowing anymore so it could be worse. I already plugged the tire twice so this time i decide to throw the spare on and go to work. Im almost done putting the spare on when suddenly my dog breaks free a worn out board on the fence and decides to go exploring beyond the wide world of my backyard. I stand up to go chase him and strain my back. What feels like an hour later i finally grab him near the end of the block as he stops to take a leak. I start attempting to go to work and call my coworker to let him know and he says to just stay home and take it easy so i do. Im typing this as i lay on the floor abou to go to bed, hoping tomorrow will be easier to deal with because the impending freezing temps means we might get admin pay for the first time in two winters.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Mooby get better. Day before yesterday I witness semi-miracle with a loose dog...a dooberman puppy weighing about 50 lbs was running around at the local park which was fine but he then ventured on the ice of a small lake, walking towards the unfrozen middle. The owner and I...immediately put my lab on a leash...were freakin out yelling. Then I ran away with my dog towards the field which the Dobberman saw and gave chase, running back onto ground.

He must have walked 20 feet onto the lake...its like you get that sudden "impending doom" feeling, man...me and the owner freaked out yelling. side note, the owner, she is a dirty blond from California with a fat ass. I was probably paying too much attention.
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:19 PM   #315
Giantone
Gamebreaker
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 13,510
Re: The Bad News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Some days the world just tries testing your limits. Thanks G1. It'll get better, a heating pad and sleeping on the floor usually helps.

Wife has back problems that would make grown men cry it's so bad .We bought a Tempurpedic bed ...HOLY SHIT!!! It's GREAT! We've had ours almost 7 years now the new ones are nicer but I swear to God it will wreck you for any other bed! They are costly but I swear they are worth it!
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.14216 seconds with 10 queries