Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

H O A's

Parking Lot

Old 11-18-2022, 08:30 AM   #1
Giantone
Gamebreaker

H O A's

Anyone live in a community with one? Didn't know where to put this so feel free to move it.

They suck!!!

https://news.yahoo.com/wild-allegati...214951507.html

Wild allegations at Miami homeowners association show why Florida needs HOA crackdown | Editorial

In the long list of homeowner association horror stories, the one emerging from the Hammocks Community Association in Miami’s West Kendall suburbs is in a (criminal) class by itself.

It involves charges of racketeering, money laundering, fabricating evidence and using shell companies. A move to oust the board was thwarted by a fake bomb threat and a recall election resulted in the board throwing out two-thirds of the ballots. A whopping $2 million in homeowners fees apparently was siphoned off.

This isn’t mailbox wars or a fight over the two-pet rule. It’s gangster-style stuff.

Mine isn't this bad but God they suck!

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2022, 10:58 AM   #2
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: H O A's

I mess with mine a good bit.

Half my neighborhood is rental/sect 8 so we get people smoking/drinking nightly breaking bottles and leaving fast food trash everywhere.

I have the nicest yard on my block, little garden things, always have seasonal flowers out front, me and my daughter walk around the neighborhood w trash grabbers (I got pink eye a few months ago .. awesome)

So my christmas inflatables stay up til march ... dont know why i do it. I do it as some kind of micro aggression against the HOA for giving me an annual list of petty things I need to fix of my exterior (that I never do .. power wash the side of my house nobody sees?)

Half my neighborhood is trash ass people
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 12:14 PM   #3
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I mess with mine a good bit.

Half my neighborhood is rental/sect 8 so we get people smoking/drinking nightly breaking bottles and leaving fast food trash everywhere.

I have the nicest yard on my block, little garden things, always have seasonal flowers out front, me and my daughter walk around the neighborhood w trash grabbers (I got pink eye a few months ago .. awesome)

So my christmas inflatables stay up til march ... dont know why i do it. I do it as some kind of micro aggression against the HOA for giving me an annual list of petty things I need to fix of my exterior (that I never do .. power wash the side of my house nobody sees?)

Half my neighborhood is trash ass people
Yet they have people walking around writing up violations and do nothing about it.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #4
mredskins
MVP

I have one , it’s I mean fine.

They leave you alone if you follow the bi laws.

They organize dumpster days , have a Halloween kid party, Grinch comes for Xmas and other fun little things.

I think 10% are bad but give a bad name for the other 90%
Old 11-18-2022, 02:50 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I have one , it’s I mean fine.

They leave you alone if you follow the bi laws.

They organize dumpster days , have a Halloween kid party, Grinch comes for Xmas and other fun little things.

I think 10% are bad but give a bad name for the other 90%
The money you pay and we get very little.
Old 11-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #6
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
The money you pay and we get very little.
I pay 2 different HOAs. Its fine.

My neighborhood HOA is small, 2 cul de sacs with maybe 100 houses total and my local HOA is responsible for landscape and snow removal. We are a small contract Im sure.

Annoying the snow removal guys dont come until 2-3 days after snow/ice when the streets are 100% clear by then ... but they still drop their salt so they can say they did something.

my HOA is fine .. but also, given the neighborhood .. they cant really flex with a straight face.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote