Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Debating with the enemy

Old 03-19-2024, 10:16 AM   #3316
nonniey
The Starter

Re: The Most Fresh & Cordial Political Thread Ever

Well, the NYTimes basically admitted the Dems were very wrong and the Republicans were (less wrong) on the school closures of 2020-21. DeSantis (I'm not a huge fan) was absolutely correct in his slightly belated response to COVID while others like Newsome were just as absolutely incorrect in their response.
The one issue I quibble about in the article is the claim that the data was lacking to get the initial decisions right. The data was there even before the first COVID cases hit the US. It was already known that children were basically not vulnerable to the disease from all reports out of China - meaning the schools should never have been closed at all (the less wrong bit for GOP).

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/18/u...mentsContainer
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-19-2024, 06:15 PM   #3317
Giantone
Gamebreaker

So we agree with the NY Times when it meets out agenda , cool. Sorry but it's wrong. It talks about the kids yet some children did get sick, what about the Teachers of those children, what about the parents of those children , what the Grand parents of those children. What about the pandemic and it's affect on them??? That's right they are only Teachers they don't count.
It was a freaking pandemic and it's great to be a Monday Morning QB and second guess but it was a call on the side of caution during a time that no one knew exactly what to do, the experts did their best , sorry but to call anyone out now and I don't even blame trump for his reactions to it(WTF does that tell you) to call anyone out now is BS. Meaning the Times , not you.

P.S.

It's a effing pandemic, to say the Dems were wrong and the Rep were less wrong makes no sense.

https://www.aap.org/en/pages/2019-no...l-data-report/

I believe these people not the Times............

As of May 11, 2023, nearly 15.6 million children were reported to have tested positive for COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic according to available state reports. Over the past three years, the highest number of child cases reported in a week was over 1.1 million for the week ending January 20, 2022. Since the pandemic began, children represented 17.9% of total cumulated cases. The portion of reported cases that were children ranged from a low of 2.0% the week ending April 16, 2020 to a high of 28.9% the week ending September 9, 2021 (children, under age 18, make up 22.2% of the US population).

On May 11, an additional 6,848 child COVID-19 cases were reported. Over the past 6 months, weekly reported child cases have plateaued at an average of about 24,000 cases, while in the past month the average reported weekly cases have dropped further to about 9,000. These trends parallel the pattern and decline that has been reported for adults.

Last edited by Giantone; 03-20-2024 at 07:01 AM.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 02:18 PM   #3318
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

You fucking liberals, have a Happy Easter!!
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 10:59 AM   #3319
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Supreme Court finds 9-0 for a guy who was never charged, or alone found guilty of insurrection to meet the 14th…but continue for formatting.

lol

Forget about the supreme court. If everything you know and have seen you still think this wasn’t an orchestrated attempt by Trump and his cohorts to overturn an election, aka, a coup attempt than you are simply lying to yourself. I mean there are so many dots from the years, months, weeks, days, and hours leading up to the failed insurrection connecting Trump to a plot to overthrow our own government that it would be comical if it weren’t.

You can cry from the hills of denial all you want Chico but it isn’t even a debate anymore. It is just a huge legal mess because there are Trump supporters sprinkled throughout the legislative judicial and executive branches of our government who are obstructing and or delaying the process since Jan 6 2021. If he were anyone else besides the President when he did this he would be locked up for life. U know it, he knows it, and every other Trump apologist knows it.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 11:05 AM   #3320
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Why don’t the people involved in and supporting the coup attempt at least have the balls to say yeah I know he did it, and I wanted him to do it. Admit they wanted to kill his political opponents and keep him propped up like a king or a dictator. Just fucking admit that is the dream. Instead it’s just a bunch of cowards and failed insurrectionists who were willing to kill police officers (pretty ironic cus u know back the blue) to make Trump king.

It sounds so absurd that im sure you will rotfl over my posts because denial mechanism but it is and was exactly the plan. Sick. Just fucking sick that you or anyone else gives him a pass like he simply got caught without a seatbelt on.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:30 PM   #3321
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Forget about the supreme court. If everything you know and have seen you still think this wasn’t an orchestrated attempt by Trump and his cohorts to overturn an election, aka, a coup attempt than you are simply lying to yourself. I mean there are so many dots from the years, months, weeks, days, and hours leading up to the failed insurrection connecting Trump to a plot to overthrow our own government that it would be comical if it weren’t.

You can cry from the hills of denial all you want Chico but it isn’t even a debate anymore. It is just a huge legal mess because there are Trump supporters sprinkled throughout the legislative judicial and executive branches of our government who are obstructing and or delaying the process since Jan 6 2021. If he were anyone else besides the President when he did this he would be locked up for life. U know it, he knows it, and every other Trump apologist knows it.
I've talked to enough MAGA types to realize most of them have no idea about the Eastman plan/plans, what the intent of those plans were, how they were to work and that Eastman admitted in writing the illegality of the plans. When you say he attempted a coup they think you are talking about the riot and are being hyperbolic. The protest which turned into a riot was just another attempt to pressure Pence into executing the coup.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:05 AM   #3322
nonniey
The Starter

If Trump goes on to win in November it will be because of stupid moves like this by the Biden administration. This follows the unforced error in apologizing for calling illegals illegals in his State of the Union a couple of weeks back.
https://nypost.com/2024/03/31/opinio...that-clueless/

Last edited by nonniey; 04-01-2024 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:08 PM   #3323
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
If Trump goes on to win in November it will be because of stupid moves like this by the Biden administration. This follows the unforced error in apologizing for calling illegals illegals in his State of the Union a couple of weeks back.
https://nypost.com/2024/03/31/opinio...that-clueless/
Greatest idea ,no, not defending Biden. If trump goes to win in November it will be becuase of the assholes that support him. Who ignore all his criminal activate.

FCS trump is selling Bibles.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:51 PM   #3324
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
I've talked to enough MAGA types to realize most of them have no idea about the Eastman plan/plans, what the intent of those plans were, how they were to work and that Eastman admitted in writing the illegality of the plans. When you say he attempted a coup they think you are talking about the riot and are being hyperbolic. The protest which turned into a riot was just another attempt to pressure Pence into executing the coup.

Of course they don’t know about that. They watch Fox News who still calls it a field trip.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:35 AM   #3325
nonniey
The Starter

Why is Biden tacking so far left the last few weeks? It doesn't make sense. Yesterday he attacked the Florida Supreme Court for upholding the abortion ban. Problem was he focused on the 15 week portion of the ban, which is where the majority of the country is, instead of focusing on the more extreme 6 week ban that was also found to be constitutional (FL) if the voters decide to enact it. I and many like me are single issue (stopping Trump) voters who will very reluctantly send our votes to Biden. He shouldn't be putting any effort into driving us away (And, yes I'm still voting against Trump almost nothing will change that).
Old 04-02-2024, 11:48 AM   #3326
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Why is Biden tacking so far left the last few weeks? It doesn't make sense. Yesterday he attacked the Florida Supreme Court for upholding the abortion ban. Problem was he focused on the 15 week portion of the ban, which is where the majority of the country is, instead of focusing on the more extreme 6 week ban that was also found to be constitutional (FL) if the voters decide to enact it. I and many like me are single issue (stopping Trump) voters who will very reluctantly send our votes to Biden. He shouldn't be putting any effort into driving us away (And, yes I'm still voting against Trump almost nothing will change that).

Here is what he actually said which was about a 6 week ban. Why do you think he focused on 15 weeks? It will become a six week ban next month.

He literally never attacked a 15 week ban. He attacked the steps leading to a 6 week ban and this ruling by the supreme court of crazy town (Florida) was the first step in getting there. Anyone who said Biden attacked a 15 week ban is wrong on two levels. The 15 week is simply the stepping stone to six and on top of that he never said 15 weeks is insane. He said 6 weeks is. Biden isn’t as confused as the right is…once again.

Biden said the court's decision was set to trigger a Republican-backed law slashing the current limit of 15 weeks to six "before many (women) even know they are pregnant."

https://www.barrons.com/news/biden-s...n-ban-0dd84fc2
Old 04-02-2024, 05:54 PM   #3327
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

It's draft month, and y'all talking about abortion (using Allen Iverson voice)?
Old 04-03-2024, 06:44 AM   #3328
Giantone
Gamebreaker

.........he's drinking again.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:22 AM   #3329
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
.........he's drinking again.
I just finished work when I posted that. I was not drinking. You are such a boring sack of shit.
Old 04-03-2024, 10:03 AM   #3330
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Here is what he actually said which was about a 6 week ban. Why do you think he focused on 15 weeks? It will become a six week ban next month.

He literally never attacked a 15 week ban. He attacked the steps leading to a 6 week ban and this ruling by the supreme court of crazy town (Florida) was the first step in getting there. Anyone who said Biden attacked a 15 week ban is wrong on two levels. The 15 week is simply the stepping stone to six and on top of that he never said 15 weeks is insane. He said 6 weeks is. Biden isn’t as confused as the right is…once again.

Biden said the court's decision was set to trigger a Republican-backed law slashing the current limit of 15 weeks to six "before many (women) even know they are pregnant."

https://www.barrons.com/news/biden-s...n-ban-0dd84fc2
Strange I tried to responded to this twice yesterday and neither responses posted. I got that impression from The Hill. Very similar write up to Barrons but wiht a different focus.
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ng-outrageous/