Coronavirus (political)

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-08-2021, 06:13 PM   #1141
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Coronavirus (political)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I hope masks stick around and people have enough common sense to wear them during flu season. There's simply no reason why so many people have to die of the flu each year. Also hope this idea that you have to go to work no matter what ends. If you're sick, stay home. If you absolutely have to go in to work, mask up. I used to get so annoyed at some co-workers who insisted coming in when they were clearly ill and contagious.
This is less political and more grind my gears but it fits here. I was grocery shopping yesterday. This lady in line in front of me is sniffing and hacking away while loading her groceries onto the belt. She is telling everyone in ear shot how she has been sick for days and can't seem to shake it. I was too polite I should have asked her a. why if you are sick are your not wearing a mask, especially at a time in history when it is socially acceptable and b. why not just use the online grocery service have them pick everything and curb side it?

I just felt it was very inconsiderate to the cashier and others.

On another note got a call from the school nurse today. My son was in close contact today with someone who tested positive for covid. He now has to stay home from school for ten days and will miss the last week of school. His favorite teacher is retiring he can't say goodbye to him. A shitty end of the school year to a shitty year.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-09-2021, 05:49 AM   #1142
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Maybe but that is an excellent article he posted. Long but really eye opening.

"....With President Trump out of office, it should be possible to reject his xenophobic agenda and still ask why, in all places in the world, did the outbreak begin in the city with a laboratory housing one of the world’s most extensive collection of bat viruses, doing some of the most aggressive research?...."

No one said it isn't possible ,anything is possible. Blaming Fuaci is the stupid part .
Old 06-09-2021, 05:52 AM   #1143
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
This is less political and more grind my gears but it fits here. I was grocery shopping yesterday. This lady in line in front of me is sniffing and hacking away while loading her groceries onto the belt. She is telling everyone in ear shot how she has been sick for days and can't seem to shake it. I was too polite I should have asked her a. why if you are sick are your not wearing a mask, especially at a time in history when it is socially acceptable and b. why not just use the online grocery service have them pick everything and curb side it?

I just felt it was very inconsiderate to the cashier and others.

On another note got a call from the school nurse today. My son was in close contact today with someone who tested positive for covid. He now has to stay home from school for ten days and will miss the last week of school. His favorite teacher is retiring he can't say goodbye to him. A shitty end of the school year to a shitty year.
Yet chico says kids can't get covid and there is no need for masks ? You have now experience two reasons to keep following protocols.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:35 AM   #1144
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Yet chico says kids can't get covid and there is no need for masks ? You have now experience two reasons to keep following protocols.
No Chico has seen the evidence which has existed from last year which states schools were not sources of community spread and there was even less evidence of child to teacher transmission.

Also, the seasonal flu is more deadly to kids ages 3-17 than covid.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:30 AM   #1145
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

The problem is we have done such a shitty job of contract tracing at public schools in the US the data is really bad. The largest contract tracing study in the world shows schools are an important factor in community spread.

Regardless kids should be in school and it is easy enough to ensure their safety if we follow protocols. My biggest gripe is we have these societal norms that work is more important than personal or community health in this country. I now have to isolate my 10 year old for ten days because some parent decided to send their sick kid to school despite showing symptoms of being sick. This is a part of our culture that needs to change.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:45 AM   #1146
SunnySide
Playmaker

Its a tough call for parents. Im sending my kid to in-person come Fall but I was kinda hoping a Vax would be given to kids younger than 16 or so.

Shes going to in-person camp for a few weeks this summer so .... hoping for the best.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:21 AM   #1147
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The problem is we have done such a shitty job of contract tracing at public schools in the US the data is really bad. The largest contract tracing study in the world shows schools are an important factor in community spread.

Regardless kids should be in school and it is easy enough to ensure their safety if we follow protocols. My biggest gripe is we have these societal norms that work is more important than personal or community health in this country. I now have to isolate my 10 year old for ten days because some parent decided to send their sick kid to school despite showing symptoms of being sick. This is a part of our culture that needs to change.
Yeah, I don’t know what study you referred too but the large majority of data finds schools are safe and children transmission is extremely low.

The schools explicated stated they would follow the science, they said vaccination, they said more money…every single thing they have said, they have lied to the public from day 1.

put another coin in the “trump was right jar” when it came to school policy and covid

He Gets Us
Old 06-10-2021, 10:11 AM   #1148
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Yeah, I don’t know what study you referred too but the large majority of data finds schools are safe and children transmission is extremely low.

The schools explicated stated they would follow the science, they said vaccination, they said more money…every single thing they have said, they have lied to the public from day 1.

put another coin in the “trump was right jar” when it came to school policy and covid
I will see if I can find it. It was done in India by Princeton researchers but the conclusions I got from the study aren't necessarily related to child spread but that schools as the community hub are responsible i.e. food banks, community use of washers and dryers etc. All stuff we have to contend with in public schools, but I agree with you if we follow the science schools should be open.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #1149
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

LOL, another trumpette lie. Schools will and are open . Due more to the vaccines and less to the stupid ingrate that think trump solved the pandemic .
Old 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #1150
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Its a tough call for parents. Im sending my kid to in-person come Fall but I was kinda hoping a Vax would be given to kids younger than 16 or so.

Shes going to in-person camp for a few weeks this summer so .... hoping for the best.
Pretty sure young as 5 will be able by September.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #1151
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Yup for many different reasons not that the kids are getting sick (and they do) but they can all so carry it back to the home and spread in that manor.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #1152
MTK
\m/

Anti-Vaccine Protesters Picket Outside Foo Fighters’ First Full Capacity Show Since Pandemic

Don't really get this anti vax thing at all... this Ricky Schroder dude, holy F what a moron
Old 07-12-2021, 05:03 PM   #1153
SunnySide
Playmaker

Coronavirus case numbers are rising sharply in the Sunshine State once again as the Delta variant spreads. The Florida Department of Health reported more than 23,000 new coronavirus cases last week — an 8,000-case increase over the previous week.

Medical leaders are continuing to stress higher vaccination rates are the key to stopping the spread of COVID-19 and the Delta variant. With cases of the Delta variant, first reported in India, are rapidly spreading in Florida and across the country, many doctors are worried.

The Delta variant is far more contagious than previous strains of COVID-19, doctors say, and makes people much sicker, posing a far more serious health threat. The warning against this rising variant is coming as hospitalization rates in Florida are rising.

The rate of positive cases of coronavirus is jumping too in the Sunshine State, from 4% in recent weeks up to 7.8% last week.

Health officials across the U.S. worry further spread of the Delta variant could lead to mini-surges of cases in regions with low vaccination rates, saying this may not be the only time this happens unless we reach herd immunity.

”This is going to keep happening. It may peak here, and then it's going to spread to other places. If we don't get enough vaccinating, there's going to be another variant that's probably worse. That's the way viruses work," said Dr. Howard Jarvis, medical director at CoxHealth.

Florida’s Department of Health reported around 11 million Floridians 12 years old and up have gotten at least one dose of vaccine, that is 58% of the eligible population.

Nationwide just 48% of the total U.S. population is fully vaccinated. Medical leaders say when it comes to beating COVID-19 and the Delta variant, the sooner people roll up the sleeves, the better.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...ise-in-florida

Just 48% vaxxed? I assume that includes people under 18 the vax has not been made available to yet. 74% of the US pop is 18 or older.

More and worse variants on the way if we dont hit herd immunity? Fucking awesome really awesome. Way to go America!

--------------

Conservative speaker at some republican convention: 'Government was hoping they could sucker 90% of the population into getting the vaccine .. and it isnt happening"

Conservatives in attendance: cheering

-----------------
Didnt their lord and savior Donald Trump create this vaccine? Werent they demanding all praise be to he for the vax and roll out?

honestly at this point .... im torn between wishing the delta, theta, sigma and every other variant of Covid just fucks all of Florida right in their collective assholes, leaving puss dripping anal lesions while some fat fuck 40 year old on disability MAGA makes a go fund me for his "i cant breathe" maw maw

or just like, wishing the dumb the best and carrying on with my vax life.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:01 PM   #1154
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
.... im torn between wishing the delta, theta, sigma and every other variant of Covid just fucks all of Florida right in their collective assholes, leaving puss dripping anal lesions while some fat fuck 40 year old on disability MAGA makes a go fund me for his "i cant breathe" maw maw

or just like, wishing the dumb the best and carrying on with my vax life.
Lol why I love ya.

He Gets Us
Old 07-13-2021, 07:08 AM   #1155
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Lol why I love ya.
I love you because you kept trying to give Trump the credit for the vaccine #'s improving after Biden took office, while conveniently forgetting a large chunk of his supporters are also anti-vaccine conspiracy theory dipshits.