kct1975
The Starter

Re: AITAH: Am I the A**hole Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
That is certified asshole move lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Semi-aggressive left lane driver here, can't stand that shit lol. Especially when there's only 2 cars holding up 20, which is common on the parkway.
Just remember...The speed limit is 50 MPH on the Fairfax County Parkway and it is the "Happy Hunting Grounds" for the Fairfax County Police...

I got a Really Nasty Ticket on the Fairfax County Parkway in the early 2000's for going 20 over the 50 MPH speed limit

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2020, 10:00 PM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
Just remember...The speed limit is 50 MPH on the Fairfax County Parkway and it is the "Happy Hunting Grounds" for the Fairfax County Police...

I got a Really Nasty Ticket on the Fairfax County Parkway in the early 2000's for going 20 over the 50 MPH speed limit

Me too brah. 2009, was taking my brah to Redskins training camp back when it was at Redskins Park. 69 in a 50. Got no breaks that day. Nowadays I travel it so much I know where all the hotspots are at. Besides, I don't push it too much. doing 60 on the parkway has never gotten me in trouble as long as everybody else was doing the same.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:20 PM   #18
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Semi-aggressive left lane driver here, can't stand that shit lol. Especially when there's only 2 cars holding up 20, which is common on the parkway.
I'm getting soft in my old age, i don't drive very fast anymore, but I'm definitely still at least a few MPHs over the limit on freeways and roads with higher speed limits.

The left lane is for people willing to take their chances though.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #19
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
So a popular discussion website has a thread titled "AITA: Am I the A**hole?" where people will post a story and ask the question .. am I the a**hole in this situation? Something happened yesterday that made me wonder whether perhaps I was the a hole in the situation.

After work I stop by my beer store. The parking lot was pretty full as the first 8-10 rows had cars parked in them. So I park about 12 spots up the aisle. As I get out and start walking, I see a car pull in to the lot, stop for a second then park in a handicap spot.

By the time the guy is getting out I was walking past his car. He was a young 20 something guy. No handicap plates or card hanging from the mirror. Seemed like a fit young guy who hopped out of his car no problem.

I am maybe 5 steps ahead of him. Hes following behind me and apparently going into the beer store as well.

I get to the door, open it then make sure I close it not right in his face but basically right in his face.

Am I the a**hole here?

Fuck him. I would have probably reminded him he was parked in a handicapped spot too....than when he ignored it the door close would have been even more justified.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
Monkeydad
Living Legend

While anyone who takes a handicapped space and legitimately doesn't need it IS a huge a-hole...I've learned not to judge too quickly.

There are conditions like MS, MD, RA that can come and go and flare up badly at times and some people only need the handicapped space sometimes. You cant always go by the handicapped placards hanging from the mirror either, at least in Pennsylvania...they have plates now that are very subtle and look almost like normal PA plates.

Like others said, if you didn't tell him why you reacted, he'll never know why.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #21
Giantone
Gamebreaker

True story , happen at the Monmouth Mall in NJ. My sister who is handicapped had taken her car to the shop and had my Mom's car. Went into the parking garage at MM and the "security detail" met her when she came out of the Mall into the parking garage,she has the tags on her car but my Mom does not and she forgot. The Mall Security detail called the Police on her to issue a summons , when they arrived my sister was outside the car and the Police saw her , told her to have a nice day and let her go ,not before tearing into Mall security,noting that once they knew of her handicap should have let it go.
Old 08-01-2020, 12:14 PM   #22
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
That is certified asshole move lol.
Definitely!
Old 08-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #23
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Me too brah. 2009, was taking my brah to Redskins training camp back when it was at Redskins Park. 69 in a 50. Got no breaks that day. Nowadays I travel it so much I know where all the hotspots are at. Besides, I don't push it too much. doing 60 on the parkway has never gotten me in trouble as long as everybody else was doing the same.
So talk about an A$$ H0le move...

This morning I was driving to drop off my wife at her parents house before I went to work. I was doing 23 MPH, according to the digital flashing speed sign, on a road with a posted 25 MHP speed limit, and I got pulled over by the cop. He took about 10-15 minutes and the waved me off after telling me to "Watch your speed!" I replied "Yes Officer Sir" and then I said to my wife "WTF was that all about"

My personal opinion is the cop saw my license plate, ran my plate, and simply decided to waste a bit of time because of my past history of spending tickets.

No matter what...it jerk move.

Old 08-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #24
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Maybe you fit the description of someone who set a CVS Pharmacy or Popeye's Chicken on fire recently.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:31 AM   #25
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
So talk about an A$$ H0le move...

This morning I was driving to drop off my wife at her parents house before I went to work. I was doing 23 MPH, according to the digital flashing speed sign, on a road with a posted 25 MHP speed limit, and I got pulled over by the cop. He took about 10-15 minutes and the waved me off after telling me to "Watch your speed!" I replied "Yes Officer Sir" and then I said to my wife "WTF was that all about"

My personal opinion is the cop saw my license plate, ran my plate, and simply decided to waste a bit of time because of my past history of spending tickets.

No matter what...it jerk move.

This is not a AITAH post. This is a grinding my gears post.

Wait? AITAH for pointing this out?
Old 08-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #26
kct1975
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
This is not a AITAH post. This is a grinding my gears post.

Wait? AITAH for pointing this out?
LOL
Apparently to the Police...I Am the A$$H0!E

Old 02-08-2021, 12:43 PM   #27
SunnySide
Playmaker

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...er-performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abpgi_utM7s

^ this is the tv feed of what Im talking about. Apparently the guy had like 4 lemon themed signs.

You might have noticed Budweiser/Bud Light plugging product placement throughout the Super Bowl. The "fan" in the front row with the Budweiser Cutwater Vodka Mule can right behind H.E.R. (I love their vodka mule .. delicious and nutricious with a hint of pepper)

So Im watching the game with the lady last night and a Bud Light seltezer lemonaide commercial comes on .. then immediately when it comes back to the game, the camera is showing this "totally random fan" with a lemon sign (shown bottom right in the photo above).

Me: "that guy is totally a product placement for Bud Light"

Me Lady: "no way, his sign is to crappy"

Me: "That sign is professionally made to look like a fan sign"

Me Lady: "No way, they would have done a better job with the sign, thats totally a random fan making that sign"

Me: 'Was the lettering very clear and easy to read? if it was a fan sign you wouldnt be able to read it because it would be all scribbly and shitty looking"

Me Lady: "Maybe he won those seats from some Bud Light win tickets to super bowl thing"

Me: "are you that fucking dumb? Do you honestly think that right after some fucking Bud Light lemonaide commercial the cameras just so happen to fall directly upon that model looking mother fucker with his bud light mask, holding a bud light lemonaide can and a lemonaide sign was all just a happy fucking coincidence?"

Me lady: "Maybe he won a contest and was just doing it out of appreciation? That sign was definitely fan made"

Me: "Fan made? They wanted it to look fan made so some dumb ass fucking people like you will think its all just some organic happy coincidence. I dont care if its product placement, good for bud light do your thing ... but im amazed I stick my dick in the apparently the most naive fucking woman in the world. Im sitting here kicking my self in the ass for not figuring out how to get the pussy without having to get into a relationship with you."

So we decided to just call it a tie and didnt speak for a few minutes.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

Yeah I noticed the not so subtle product placements in the crowd. Right off the bat with the guy holding the vodka mule behind HER, it was so painfully obvious those people were not just randomly caught on camera LOL
Old 02-09-2021, 12:35 PM   #29
SunnySide
Playmaker

My lady always makes these passive aggressive comments. She doesnt even know she does it. Things like "its 2 am and you have work tomorrow in the morning".

Last night I decide Im going to have some hot dogs for dinner. So i put 3 in a pan and start to cook them. I was only going to eat 2 but I put a 3rd in there to see if she would say anything. So she comes sauntering in and I try to block her view of the pan. She tries to act like she not trying to see. She goes about 1 minute without saying anything but she is hovering around the kitchen so I know she wants to say something.

finally she cracks and she says "wow babe, 3 hot dogs, thats a lot". And I say "ha! you dumb bitch, i only put a 3rd on there just to see if youd say something and of course you did." I tell her I bet it was killing her not to say anything as soon as she came into the kitchen. She admits as much and said she couldnt take it anymore.

AITAH: Because I intentionally cooked an extra hot dog just to entrap her?

AITAH: Because my plan all along was to quickly eat 1 hot dog in the kitchen before then walking into the living room with 2 hot dogs pretending I only cooked 2? But since she came into the kitchen, had to like UNO the situation on her?
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #30
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
My lady always makes these passive aggressive comments. She doesnt even know she does it. Things like "its 2 am and you have work tomorrow in the morning".

Last night I decide Im going to have some hot dogs for dinner. So i put 3 in a pan and start to cook them. I was only going to eat 2 but I put a 3rd in there to see if she would say anything. So she comes sauntering in and I try to block her view of the pan. She tries to act like she not trying to see. She goes about 1 minute without saying anything but she is hovering around the kitchen so I know she wants to say something.

finally she cracks and she says "wow babe, 3 hot dogs, thats a lot". And I say "ha! you dumb bitch, i only put a 3rd on there just to see if youd say something and of course you did." I tell her I bet it was killing her not to say anything as soon as she came into the kitchen. She admits as much and said she couldnt take it anymore.

AITAH: Because I intentionally cooked an extra hot dog just to entrap her?

AITAH: Because my plan all along was to quickly eat 1 hot dog in the kitchen before then walking into the living room with 2 hot dogs pretending I only cooked 2? But since she came into the kitchen, had to like UNO the situation on her?
Do you like her? Never see anything positive about her lol.

I think that was a damn funny experiment. But then you sounded at the end that you were going to eat 3 then hot-routed to say it was an experiment.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote