Haskins released

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #226
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Haskins released

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Are we really talking up a guy because ONE TIME they made a super bowl appearance?

You know who else did that, SUPER BOWL APPEARING COACH JEFF FISHER.

Ron Rivera did 9 seasons in Carolina and only 4 of those seasons were considered "winning" seasons. The other years, he finished either 6-10 or 7-9. When he was fired during his last season, he was at 5-7 but for all we know he could have went 5-11.

I'm still skeptical of Ron because I don't think he is this savior for this franchise like so many people thought, but I am willing to trust him for a few seasons to see if he can succeed where everyone else has failed.

But I also don't like seeing so many ex Panthers hired. At times it seems like we are the Washington Football Panthers. I would rather see them go a new way with a fresh face as GM instead of always getting re-tread, fired guys to come here.
It's normal for coaches to bring in guys they are familiar with, who know their philosophy, etc. Happens everywhere - in every sport - at every level.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-01-2021, 10:47 AM   #227
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's ok to be skeptical. I like what I'm seeing so far, but we're only in the division race because Dak got hurt and Wentz forgot how to play QB. We'll see what happens moving forward, but this organization is definitely in better hands than it was last year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #228
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It's ok to be skeptical. I like what I'm seeing so far, but we're only in the division race because Dak got hurt and Wentz forgot how to play QB. We'll see what happens moving forward, but this organization is definitely in better hands than it was last year.

Not sure I agree with that. Dallas wasn’t playing well before Dak got hurt - they should have lost to Atlanta early on but for the falcons desire to lose in the most improbable ways, for example. The eagles have lost talent on both sides of the ball and have a dreadful OL now. I don’t think we are lagging in talent relative to other teams in our division any more. We’ve gotten better and they’ve fallen off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2021, 01:14 AM   #229
kct1975
The Starter

This is interesting...

Report: Kyle Smith pleaded with Daniel Snyder to not take Haskins during draft

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sport...s-during-draft

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2021, 07:52 PM   #230
Warthog
The Starter

Haskins released

This report about Kyle Smith vehemently opposing the Dwayne Haskins draft pick lays the WORST DRAFT BUST EVER firmly at the feet of Dan Snyder.

Let’s hope that Snyder just signs the checks and stays out of personnel decisions if he remains as owner.

When we’re bored some month in the off-season we can make an incredibly long, painfully bad list of players selected personally by Daniel Snyder. It has taken him 20 years of failure to finally understand that he isn’t a football genius.

I hope we keep Kyle Smith. I will be very disappointed if Rivera let’s Kyle go elsewhere.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:13 PM   #231
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
This is interesting...

Report: Kyle Smith pleaded with Daniel Snyder to not take Haskins during draft

https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sport...s-during-draft

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Just for the this incident, Danny should promote Kyle and fucking listen. He should also apologize to Smith for being an idiot.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:37 PM   #232
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Just for the this incident, Danny should promote Kyle and fucking listen. He should also apologize to Smith for being an idiot.
His big ego and wallet over compensate too much for his small brain and d!€k. Loser.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:01 AM   #233
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post

Rivera is the key. He will make the decision about who will be the GM.

It doesn’t matter how great or bad Rivera was during his HC time with the Panthers. Belichek sucked as the HC for Cleveland but turned it completely around with the Patriots. It’s learning from your mistakes, correctly evaluating players and coaches and getting a GM that are the keys as an NFL HC.

Rivera has taken a bad team, with a very bad QB and perhaps will win the NFC East. He didn’t go all in for FA but INSTEAD signed lots of cheap one year deals to get guys who had to prove themselves to the team. It’s worked great so far. Next year the team has A LOT of cap money for FA. Rivera will attract players who want to be with a winner, instead of simply looking to get paid.

The CRITICAL FACTOR for Rivera as the HC for the next five years is who the WFT chooses as the QB in 2021. I think the team will keep Alex Smith as the bridge Qb if he wants to play another season . I think they’ll keep Allen or Heinickle - with my bet going with Heinickle. BUT critically I think the team will go for the gold, trade up SOME (5-10 spots) and draft for the Franchise QB of the future in 2021. They need a QB with the “it” factor, who has excellent mobility, accuracy and decision-making.

Kyle Smith seems to be an excellent judge of talent. I think if Rivera evaluates all the actual draft / UDFA / FA decisions that Kyle was allowed to make over the last 3 years (not Dan Snyder / Bruce Allen), he might show a very good “hit” record. Only the team knows what decisions were left up to Kyle Smith or where he greatly influenced the choice. I suspect Kyle was thrown the very lowest draft and maybe all the UDFA choices starting in 2018 (maybe before) to see what he could do. We’ve seen starters come from UDFA or very low draft picks. Holcomb, Curl, Harmon were low draft picks and Steve & Cam Sims were UDFA probably picked or greatly influenced by Kyle. He might have received more input for higher draft picks as his success increased. But as of two years ago it was SNYDER making the calls on the top draft choice. How far down the draft did the owner make the choices before 2020?

Other very talented people have left this franchise because of better opportunities elsewhere - McVay , Shannihan are the biggest example. I hope that Kyle Smith isn’t the next one to go winning somewhere else because the team didn’t promote him!

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 12:19 AM   #234
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Rivera is the key. He will make the decision about who will be the GM.

It doesn’t matter how great or bad Rivera was during his HC time with the Panthers. Belichek sucked as the HC for Cleveland but turned it completely around with the Patriots. It’s learning from your mistakes, correctly evaluating players and coaches and getting a GM that are the keys as an NFL HC.

Rivera has taken a bad team, with a very bad QB and perhaps will win the NFC East. He didn’t go all in for FA but INSTEAD signed lots of cheap one year deals to get guys who had to prove themselves to the team. It’s worked great so far. Next year the team has A LOT of cap money for FA. Rivera will attract players who want to be with a winner, instead of simply looking to get paid.

The CRITICAL FACTOR for Rivera as the HC for the next five years is who the WFT chooses as the QB in 2021. I think the team will keep Alex Smith as the bridge Qb if he wants to play another season . I think they’ll keep Allen or Heinickle - with my bet going with Heinickle. BUT critically I think the team will go for the gold, trade up SOME (5-10 spots) and draft for the Franchise QB of the future in 2021. They need a QB with the “it” factor, who has excellent mobility, accuracy and decision-making.

Kyle Smith seems to be an excellent judge of talent. I think if Rivera evaluates all the actual draft / UDFA / FA decisions that Kyle was allowed to make over the last 3 years (not Dan Snyder / Bruce Allen), he might show a very good “hit” record. Only the team knows what decisions were left up to Kyle Smith or where he greatly influenced the choice. I suspect Kyle was thrown the very lowest draft and maybe all the UDFA choices starting in 2018 (maybe before) to see what he could do. We’ve seen starters come from UDFA or very low draft picks. Holcomb, Curl, Harmon were low draft picks and Steve & Cam Sims were UDFA probably picked or greatly influenced by Kyle. He might have received more input for higher draft picks as his success increased. But as of two years ago it was SNYDER making the calls on the top draft choice. How far down the draft did the owner make the choices before 2020?

Other very talented people have left this franchise because of better opportunities elsewhere - McVay , Shannihan are the biggest example. I hope that Kyle Smith isn’t the next one to go winning somewhere else because the team didn’t promote him!

According to Keim Smith has been in charge of the last 3 drafts. I will give most of the credit to Smith for drafting and FA, Ron for coaching and motivating the players. The quality of players found by Smith in 3 years is probably tops in the NFL. If there's one Achilles heel for Smith, it has been his 4th rounders (Love, Apke, Charles, AGG, Martin) the jury is still out on 4 of the 5, Apke will be gone.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:37 PM   #235
SunnySide
Playmaker

“When (Haskins) got here, we had conversations and then — all of a sudden — I haven’t spoken to him all this year,” Theismann told 106.7 The Fan's Grant Paulsen. “I did reach out at different times just to see how he was doing, (to) send my best to him and wish him luck and I never really got a response and so I just figured he was going to go on and do what he wanted to do and (I’d) leave him alone.“

“I’m not going to badger him,” Theismann added.
https://www.radio.com/thefandc/sport...calls-all-year

Couldnt resist
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 12:38 PM   #236
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wow, dude is a straight up ass clown ALL ABOUT ME guy