Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fitzmagic Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: The week one starting QB will be...
Fitzpatrick 25 52.08%
Allen 8 16.67%
Heinicke 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2021, 01:35 PM   #76
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Fitzmagic Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
McLaurin just moved up fantasy draft boards. When WFT adds another WR either via free agency or the draft (or both) I think McLaurin's value goes even higher.

In my league, I am the only one to have owned Terry. I intend on keeping it that way. It feels like a 3rd or 4th round pick now. I bet he posts big numbers with Fitzmagic. Because Fitzmagic (and his ugly duo Fitztragic) will be throwing the ball his way often.
For sure, Thomas will benefit from this too. One of good things about Fitz is he will give receivers multiple chances every game.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #77
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
C'mon.. This whole mentoring stuff is a bunch of bullshit. Fitz wants to play. Not change diapers. I remember Brett Favre saying it wasn't his job to mentor anyone and that always stuck w/ me. Rodgers turned out ok. Is Rodgers sitting around mentoring Jordan Love? No. Yes you can learn from a vet by watching but that is as far as it should go. Heinike and Allen don't need anyone to hold their hands. If a QB needs his hand held and needs to be coddled by a vet then you got the wrong guy.
Your prime example is a qb who sat for 3 years before getting his shot? Come on.

Obviously Rodgers isn't holding Love's hand, probably far from it tbh, but guys like Allen and Heinicke are young and can definitely benefit from the Fitzpatrick perspective. You can't duplicate experience.
Old 03-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #78
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

The thing I don't get is I saw someone type Fitz could throw 4td's or 4int's he'll be exciting but then they say NO to Winston. I hope I'm proved wrong. I've always been overly optimistic with this team but I can't be for this. I hope our defense plays lights out.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 02:12 PM   #79
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
The thing I don't get is I saw someone type Fitz could throw 4td's or 4int's he'll be exciting but then they say NO to Winston. I hope I'm proved wrong. I've always been overly optimistic with this team but I can't be for this. I hope our defense plays lights out.
There was no way New Orleans was going to let Winston go. So that's why he was a no for me.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:48 PM   #80
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

have watched a couple games from 2020. Jags and SF.. Dude is slinging it
Old 03-16-2021, 04:33 PM   #81
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hienicke, Allen, Fitz > Derp Haskins, Allen, Smith

I’ll take it
I see what you did there with putting Heinicke first in QB order. 😉
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:41 PM   #82
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hello!!

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...-football-team
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:42 PM   #83
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I see what you did there with putting Heinicke first in QB order. 😉
Ha...good eye! I think Fitz is the starter but interesting that John Clayton and a couple others have mentioned, Skins still in for Darnold of price comes down

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #84
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Dianna Russini:

I spoke to a source in Washington about the possibility of the WFT trading with the Jets for QB Sam Darnold.

I was simply told “don’t waste your time”
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 04:47 PM   #85
GridIron26
Playmaker

I think the only way we are still interested in Darnold is if he is available for 3rd day pick.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #86
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Well the problem with Winston is he's that type that can throw 4 TDs and/or 6 ints.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:34 PM   #87
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Dianna Russini:

I spoke to a source in Washington about the possibility of the WFT trading with the Jets for QB Sam Darnold.

I was simply told “don’t waste your time”
Hopefully this is right, others disagreeing tho

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 05:58 PM   #88
Scalper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Fitzpatrick is a student of the Brett Favruh school of quarterbacking, he's high risk and high reward. You either get 4 td's or 4 int's.
Favre won one SB on stacked teams. He lost countless playoff games with horrible picks. The problem is Fitz isn't as talented as Favre.
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #89
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Well the problem with Winston is he's that type that can throw 4 TDs and/or 6 ints.
When is the last time Fitz threw for 5,000 yards. Agree they both throw int's.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #90
Scalper

Swing and a Miss

C- grade signing. He is a 38 year old QB with a career losing record and a very low career QB rating. I understand the logic, better than trading draft picks or signing a similar above average but not great QB to a long term deal, and conventional but incorrect thinking is you need a dependable guy to bridge until you find a long-term answer. So we now have two stopgaps on roster, Fitz and Allen, who are NOT long term answers. If we draft a QB and cut Allen, this move looks a lot better, but we should be looking for long-term solutions. If we go into season with Heinecke, Fitz, and Allen at QB that is atrocious as only one QB is potential long term answer. What keeps this grade from being a D or F is that there are very limited options in free agency. Fitz is not leading us to a SB, we should be looking for QBs with potential to be long-term franchise SB winners. The proper move is to draft 1 QB and go with Heinecke, Allen, rookie, or ideally 2 rookies and Heinecke, and use $10M to resign Allen and others long term. Is our goal to win the participation trophy of an early playoff exit, or find a franchise QB that can win the big one? This is the problem with coach as GM, short term thinking. This is NOT the move Smith would have made if still GM. He would have drafted QBs.

So we have now spent $28M on Scherff and Fitz, while Allen isn't extended. F-ing brilliant. A competent FO would have locked up Allen first.

The single most important thing a GM or FO can do is get QB right. Our FO has not as of yet. We also read that Fitz is now the de facto starter. Sure there will be competition, but we need to be favoring younger players who could be long-term answer. I would much rather go 7-9 with Heinecke and know he isn't the answer, or go 7-9 with Heinecke and know he is the answer, than waste a year with a 38 year old QB who has never won a SB and is never going to win one for us. What may happen is that we start Fitz and never get a good enough look at Heinecke to see if he is the future, meaning next year we're right back in the exact same spot. This is a case study in why you don't give coach GM powers. All we are doing is sacrificing long-term for the short. It would actually be smarter to start Heinecke all year and if he isn't the answer you draft top 5 and get a franchise QB.
Scalper is offline   Reply With Quote