Debating with the enemy

Old 01-23-2020, 10:52 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Trump Accomplishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
^^^^^

It is absolutely unacceptable that he added that to our debt. I never even here him talking about the deficits or debt either. That is a failure on his part. I know he can't reduce it himself, but he ran on it as something he would do, and has ignored it altogether. Terrible.
Agreed. This is one area that the republicans and Trump let their constituents down. That is not saying the tax reform was wrong, but as always they don't follow thru with trimming budgets at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2020, 11:02 PM   #47
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Federal government has 3 main roles imo:

1. National security
2. Promoting policies that promote a robust economy
3. Budget

The 1st issue both parties are war mongers, the 2nd issue the parties mostly disagree on, and the 3rd issue they're all in cahoots to spend spend spend and screw us all over.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 07:52 AM   #48
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Taking the American taxpayer for a ride......................

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump...214856290.html

Taxpayers Get $3.4 Million Tab So Trump Can Host Super Bowl Party For His Club Members

Taxpayers shelled out another $3.4 million to send President Donald Trump to Florida this weekend so he could host a Super Bowl party for paying guests at his for-profit golf course.

The president’s official schedule shows him spending two and a half hours Sunday evening at a “Super Bowl LIV watch party” at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach. Tickets sold for $75 each, but were only available to members of the club — the initiation fee for which reportedly runs about $450,000, with annual dues costing several thousands of dollars more.
n response to a query, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham defended Trump’s trip and attacked HuffPost:" The president never stops working, and that includes when he is at the Winter White House.”
Her phrase “Winter White House” refers to Mar-a-Lago, the for-profit resort in Palm Beach that is several miles east of the golf course and that doubled its initiation fee from $100,000 to $200,000 after Trump was elected in 2016. Trump frequently mingles with guests at social events there.
Trump promised during his presidential campaign that he would separate himself from his businesses if he won. However, he reneged on that vow, as well as on his promise to release his tax returns.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:50 AM   #49
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I am un-retiring for 1 post. I just can't enjoy these SOTU deals. It's the same partisan crap. I'm 14 minutes in and Trump has already annoyed me. You can discuss what you think you have done well without bashing Obama. Don't agree with Obama on most things but I would drink a beer or 12 with him and watch sports, and he did hand Trump a smooth transition. I want limited government because both sides are full of idiots that get rich off of us.

Not to mention if Trump says he likes dijon mustard one side cheers like it's their 1st beer and the other side stews like they just ate a rotten lemon.

A bunch of bought and paid for robots.

#termlimits
Old 02-05-2020, 03:05 AM   #50
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Shit, 2nd post now.

Stop saying I and say we. Even if you literally did it yourself (not saying he did) say WE anyways.

Fuck me, put some effort into uniting everyone. Doubt it would make a difference anyways, people in both parties are all group thinkers, but control what you can control.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:04 AM   #51
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Another accomplishment:

Trump Broke Pelosi

truly amazing last night

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 AM   #52
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
You can discuss what you think you have done well without bashing Obama.
Obama would bash Republicans more often than any other Democrat I can remember, he was still blaming George Bush even when he was at the end of his reign. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I suppose Obama had it coming.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 01:04 PM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

A truthful SOTU would have begun

-

My fellow Americans, the state of our union is fractured. Our economy is strong, our nation's military is strong, but our people are strongly divided. We see truth through a divided lens.

And then moved to ideals that have united us for the past 250 years. And why both sides need to move beyond personality.

It would have been a tough speech, practically impossible for Trump to deliver, but honest to where the country politically really is.

Old 02-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #54
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
A truthful SOTU would have begun

-

My fellow Americans, the state of our union is fractured. Our economy is strong, our nation's military is strong, but our people are strongly divided. We see truth through a divided lens.

And then moved to ideals that have united us for the past 250 years. And why both sides need to move beyond personality.

It would have been a tough speech, practically impossible for Trump to deliver, but honest to where the country politically really is.

I agree Cred. Instead we got Trump giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh. I think that was one of those moves just to enjoy seeing the left pissed off even more.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:54 PM   #55
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I agree Cred. Instead we got Trump giving the Presidential Medal of Freedom to Rush Limbaugh. I think that was one of those moves just to enjoy seeing the left pissed off even more.
I think it would be obvious that I was ok with that, but to the divided lens comment, i think it would have been a great moment to give one to someone of equal stature from the left. In fact that would have been a great reflection of the divide our country has. And then go to common ground beliefs.

Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #56
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Another great accomplishment for trump.........................

Old 02-08-2020, 07:02 PM   #57
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Obama would bash Republicans more often than any other Democrat I can remember, he was still blaming George Bush even when he was at the end of his reign. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I suppose Obama had it coming.
Republicans bashed Obama more than any president in history, you get what you give.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:03 PM   #58
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Another accomplishment:

Trump Broke Pelosi

truly amazing last night
.......................no she showed him he doesn't matter.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:03 AM   #59
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Afghani gov't pending concerns notwithstanding, I'm happy we're finally moving forward with leaving Afghanistan. What a waste of war and taxpayer money. Only winners there are war profiteers and gov't contractors. Credit where it's due, good on Trump for following through.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:42 AM   #60
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Afghani gov't pending concerns notwithstanding, I'm happy we're finally moving forward with leaving Afghanistan. What a waste of war and taxpayer money. Only winners there are war profiteers and gov't contractors. Credit where it's due, good on Trump for following through.
I guess we are negotiating with Terrorist now?

Some aren't sure about it...............

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ban-will-fail/