Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Zorn nowhere near considering a QB change

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2009, 04:14 PM   #46
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

Re: Zorn nowhere near considering a QB change

On second thought, I'd stay with JC and start working with the offensive line. Those guys can't be as bad as they look. Bugel needs to step back and look at what his linemen are doing right and what they are doing wrong. Then fix the problem. Maybe it's a conditoning problem. That's what it looks like the problem is with Haynesworth. Some of those guys are tired because they're carrying around huge contracts!
JLee9718 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #47
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

It's time to consider a switch at QB. This season can't get any worse and we're better off seeing what we have. I know it's not all JC's fault but I think it's for the best if we shake things up even if it's only temporarily.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #48
KLHJ2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
It's time to consider a switch at QB. This season can't get any worse and we're better off seeing what we have. I know it's not all JC's fault but I think it's for the best if we shake things up even if it's only temporarily.
If the starting oline was healthy then maybe I consider a QB change. The fact of the matter is that Collins is much slower than Campbell. If JC is not capable of escaping the pressure, then I know that Collins will not fair much better without better protection.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:50 PM   #49
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

And nor should he be... at least Campbell is somewhat mobile, Collins would get absolutley tee'd off on back there... At this point, its everyone. There is not a single quarterback in the league, Brady and Manning included who can be successful behind the type of protection we have right now.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #50
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
If the starting oline was healthy then maybe I consider a QB change. The fact of the matter is that Collins is much slower than Campbell. If JC is not capable of escaping the pressure, then I know that Collins will not fair much better without better protection.
Yeah, but for once we might see a QB who actually goes through his progessions like he's supposed to and maybe get the ball off quickly vs. holding on to the ball too long and going through his progessions too fast. Plus it would be nice to see a QB use someone other then Moss, Cooley, and ARE all the time. Besides, Collins most likely got to work a lot more with Kelly and Thomas and most likely Mitchell cause they weren't the 1st or 2nd WR on the list which means Collins had to work with someone....Kelly/Thomas/Mitchell.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #51
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
We already know what we have is a complete disaster of an offense. I kinda feel you get more bang for your buck seeing if Campbell can work any miracles with the current offense, and if he can't, well then pick your direction at seasons end.

Campbell has played adequately to this point, but if the team hasn't built around him to this point, I don't see why the future would hold better days. The time to improve the offense around Campbell has been more than enough, and we've just never got beyond the level of slightly above average on offense, and even those days were fleeting.

If Zorn thought Todd Collins could save the season, I'm sure he would have pulled the trigger by now. I don't think anyone thinks he's the answer.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #52
GTripp0012
Living Legend

I put a lot of blame on Santana Moss for never developing a rapport with Campbell. They got here in the same season, but Moss was only effective with Brunell and Collins throwing to him. Campbell had no problem turning Cooley into a pro bowl tight end, so to me, Moss' inability to be a true no. 1 WR with Campbell at quarterback is no ones fault but Santana Moss'.

Randle El has had the three best seasons (well, two and a quarter) of his career with Campbell at QB, so clearly, JC is not the problem with the receivers. IMO, Moss never did what it took to continue his greatness into his 30s.

Thomas, Kelly, and Davis were all overdrafts, albeit of varying degrees. That's on Vinny.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #53
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

This team's problems go far beyond who's the QB, head coach, etc.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #54
44Deezel
The Starter

Man, I'm going to projectile vomit if I hear Zorn or Larry Michael talk about how "hard" everybody is working one more time. There are 31 other teams that don't work hard. Players and coaches get paid for results, not effort. Produce or sell produce.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:04 PM   #55
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I thought this was an interesting article;

Which NFL Quarterbacks Hold The Ball Too Long? -- NFL FanHouse
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #56
KLHJ2
Inactive

I wonder what those numbers look like today.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #57
jdlea
Playmaker

If the Skins were going to switch QB's it'd have to be to a young guy. You can't just throw away the season by going to Collins. There's 0 future with Todd Collins at QB. He might play for 3 more years (if you're lucky) and he's not good enough to warrant that kind of commitment.

The Skins would have to go to Andre Woodson or claim Chase Daniel off of waivers.

Saints waive Daniel
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:01 PM   #58
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post
If the Skins were going to switch QB's it'd have to be to a young guy. You can't just throw away the season by going to Collins. There's 0 future with Todd Collins at QB. He might play for 3 more years (if you're lucky) and he's not good enough to warrant that kind of commitment.

The Skins would have to go to Andre Woodson or claim Chase Daniel off of waivers.

Saints waive Daniel
I say this with complete impartiality...we should sign Daniel right away
Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #59
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Sweet article SBXVII, but that still doesnt prove if it is taking our receivers for ever to get open, or because campbells release is slow/reads are slow.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:49 PM   #60
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea View Post

Saints waive Daniel
Wait, wasn't Daniel supposed to become a Pro Bowler with the Saints? LOL. Just kidding.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote