No 129 72.07%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #61
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Do you expect Zorn to be fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Peter King said Shanahan will NOT coach anywhere during the season and will likely clean house on the coaching staff wherever he ends up meaning Vinny would have to step down. FWIW, Mort said earlier this week that Vinny would have no problem doing that for the right guy because he's a team player.
But Vinny will be drafting? Screw that, we need to fully clean house.

Advertisements
Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #62
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBprimetime View Post
I wish we had McDaniels. Did anybody see the fire he showed after beating the Pats?
No need for the Skins to ruin someone else who has something going for them. Good luck to that guy, it was a great game and accomplishment for him to win vs the pats and be 5-0.

Shit wouldn't happen here though under our current management structure. It'd be a damn shame to see more young talent ruin themselves here.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #63
Defensewins
Playmaker

Only firing Zorn is not the answer. Cerratto needs to get out as well.
I think everyone realizes that, that is why no top notch coach wants to come here while Cerratto and Snyder are running the FO.
Redskins fans need to voice their displeasure with the FO. Take signs/banners to the game demanding Cerratto get fired as well. Redskins fans need to stand up.
Viva la revolucion!
LOL!
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #64
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBprimetime View Post
I wish we had McDaniels. Did anybody see the fire he showed after beating the Pats?
Zorn had that same fire last year at 4-1...look at him now
Old 10-11-2009, 07:45 PM   #65
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The only thing that will have any impact is dollars and cents. If fans refuse to be swindled by lil Danny and the home games are mostly empty than we have a fighting chance to see positive change.

...but yeah I see where you're goin bro

Just last Sunday when we were at the Bucs game we had the ocasion to discuss that very fact. What if (and it's a mighty big if) for one Sunday no fans showed up for the game. What better way to send a message? Danny Boy would be ready to hang the culprit that could be successful in coordinating such an effort, but it's a boycott I'd be more than willing to be a participant.

My signature is more than applicable here: Snyder and Co. are the few, we the fans are the many.........
Old 10-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #66
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

i've never seen a coach as fired up as mcdaniels was after the pats game ... i'd kill to see just a taste of that on our sidelines
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #67
Zorny
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
i've never seen a coach as fired up as mcdaniels was after the pats game ... i'd kill to see just a taste of that on our sidelines
When you are a Redskins fan, player or coach that fire is slowly and painfully ripped from you until all that is left is a broken spirit... That's just what piss poor egocentric management does to people...
Zorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #68
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
But Vinny will be drafting? Screw that, we need to fully clean house.
Eff it. Hire Jimmie Johnson as GM. Guys named Jimmie Johnson are winning right now. Which one would make a good GM, the coach or the driver? Flip a coin. Either side is better than Vinny.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #69
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCtoAZ View Post
No doubt. I thought the same thing. I'd be so fired up if I was a Broncos fan right now. And he may have been on to something when he passed on a chance at Campbell for Kyle Orton. Everyone laughed.......
Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #70
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorny View Post
When you are a Redskins fan, player or coach that fire is slowly and painfully ripped from you until all that is left is a broken spirit... That's just what piss poor egocentric management does to people...
Well Jim I didn't know you were on the warpath? I was going to say welcome aboard but sinse you boat is getting ready to sail away, good luck!

BTW....winning cures all that broken spirit shit, for most! And for this FAN THE SPIRIT IS NEVER BROKEN!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #71
Warpath
The Starter

Zorn will make it through the season (was 3rd yes vote) because firing him during the season doesn't accomplish anything. If you have to do something DS fire Vinny, hire a GM, and lets start this thing over.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #72
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think I am one of the more ardent Zorn supporters here (maybe not, whatever) but this loss may be the nail in the coffin. Not because we lost to an 0fer team AGAIN, but because, we had the lead, the offense capitalized on mistakes, and after the half, this team Offense and Defense came out dead. That is coaching, and players. I know the Front Office has a lot of the blame, but, the fact is that this team lost the game on the field, and it should have and could have won it, and that is the case with most every game in this past 2 year stretch.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #73
Beemnseven
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think I am one of the more ardent Zorn supporters here (maybe not, whatever) but this loss may be the nail in the coffin. Not because we lost to an 0fer team AGAIN, but because, we had the lead, the offense capitalized on mistakes, and after the half, this team Offense and Defense came out dead. That is coaching, and players. I know the Front Office has a lot of the blame, but, the fact is that this team lost the game on the field, and it should have and could have won it, and that is the case with most every game in this past 2 year stretch.
Let's not forget though, that the two TDs came off Panther turnovers deep in their territory. Without those, we'd have 3 points.

As for Zorn, this decline would have happened even if Joe Gibbs were still coaching. The veteran core group of Samuels, Thomas, Rabach, Moss, Randle El, Portis, Griffin, Daniels, and Rogers just isn't very good anymore. The experienced, highly-paid vets are getting old, and the younger guys are lackluster or just flat haven't produced.

The deterioration of this roster is NOT Jim Zorn's fault.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #74
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

I'd say let Zorn finish out the year and figure what we have in our backups... but those two just don't go together

too many overpaid old guys killing out decent backups.. and a coach who needs to win
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:27 PM   #75
GMScud
Swearinger

Adam Schefter just reported that the writing is on the wall for Zorn- he will be fired, it's just a matter of when. If Snyder, Cerrato, the fans, the players, the media, and everyone else knows Zorn is a lame duck, why not just fire him now? It's pretty unprofessional and unfair to Zorn and the players to keep plodding on knowing what's gonna happen regardless. Eff the charade. He's knows he's done, why should anyone believe he won't just go through the motions this week and let another winless team off the hook against KC? If anything, maybe a fresh voice in the locker room can stir up some emotion in this hapless, gutless team.