Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Hankerson/Golston Placed on IR; Darrion Scott and Stallworth Re-Signed

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #61
Mechanix544
The Starter

re: Hankerson/Golston Placed on IR; Darrion Scott and Stallworth Re-Signed

Hankerson will be just fine. He will come back next year and claim the #1 WR position from Moss, and will hopefully have a stud rookie throwing to him.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #62
Mechanix544
The Starter

NFL.com news: Groin injury limits Redskins' Brown, may sideline him Sunday

So jamaal brown is gonna be out this week, as well as OJ Atogwe and K Fox. Are we going to have enough people to put on the field? This is horrible.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #63
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
People don't care in general about the NHL as much as the NFL. People in DC especially don't care about the Capitals as much as the Redskins. You can afford to be a bit more methodical if you're running the Capitals. But it's a point I've made that Snyder had to (and I believe has) stop acting like the fans he's been all of his life and act like an owner who basically says "F U you moronic fans. This is how things are going to be done. So you can bitch and moan all you want that our 7th round rookie OL got burned on a sack in his second career start. But I'm not going to make wholesale changes because you're so effing impatient."
Strange example, who would ever bitch about that on this forum? Absurd SS, expectations are that any skins rookie forced into the lineup must play to a probowl level.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #64
GusFrerotte

This is getting too ****ing old. We are totally screwed. Not only do we have underachievers for a football team, we have guys that get injured left and right. Hankerson was a fluke, but Brown and co.... I mean come on, our entire starting O line is virtually out at the same time or comes back banged up. I am sorry, but don't the Skins have a strength coach? A decent trainer? Linemen always get banged up, but this is frigging ridiculous.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #65
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Rebuilding the Redskins and rebuilding the Capitals is not an apples to apples comparison. Two different animals altogether
Yeah the Caps have a concrete plan in place to be a winner because they have to win to make $$$$$$$$, while Snyder and co just go with the wind. THe Caps have to win to keep the seats filled. Snyder has his team followed by a bunch of us masochists that come back for his BS every year, fill the stands, etc. I have a much better shot at marrying a Victoria's Secret model than the Skins have of making the playoffs in the next decade. And by the way, I don't buy that he was a big fan stuff. That is his cover for acting like a fool, while in reality he doesn't really give a damn about winning. The guy isn't a fool, he knows he can jerk us around and make a gazillion dollars no matter what. He vyes for most lucrative sports franchise on the planet with his bud Jerry Jones every year in Forbes, and he keeps the profits growing. All he has to do is keep new, fresh faces coming in every 2-3 years to get the mob to think " Yeah, this is it!!"SB here we come!!!!!!! Yeah, we finally had a decent draft, the best draft since we got Champ, but now our stud T is oft injured and might be suspended for failing a drug test. Oh goody!!!!! Brown is going to be oft injured as well, akin to Tre Johnson at the end of his stint with us. Our secondary sucks, our best LB has only 3 years left tops, and our only hope is that we draft the right rookie QB. Even that doesn't quarantee us anything.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #66
SouperMeister
Playmaker

This sucks for Hank's development. He was about to get a heavy dose as a #1 receiver, and now that's on hold until next year. Hopefully he comes back full strength. I'm hoping that Shanny signs a proven WR like Bowe from KC. Hank looked great all day Sunday, especially on the play he was injured. He certainly looks more promising than Malcolm Kelly ever did, although that's not saying much.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #67
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

I hope the docs patch Hank up right and no complications affect his career like it did to Bo Jackson's.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:54 AM   #68
tc2deuce
Special Teams

If this team is not cursed I do not know what to tell you!
tc2deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 AM   #69
Mechanix544
The Starter

ya, im starting to wonder
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #70
MTK
\m/

Just great. A shitty season just got even shittier.

I managed to catch the 2nd half of the game on Sunday and was excited to see Hankerson doing well.

With the way this season has gone, it only makes sense we would lose him for the season after a breakout game.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #71
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

As an aside - on my fantasy team I have had Tim Hightower, S. Moss and just picked up Hankerson.

Needless to say, I am sucking wind.

Bad news about Hank. looked like he was going to be a solid player this year for us.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 AM   #72
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Okay can we please call it a day so we can get ready to actually rebuild instead of this reload crap? I swear it's like an alcoholic that quits hard liquor but is still willing to drink beer

Hankerson to IR with Labrum Tear - Hogs Haven

I would kill to hear the Ted Leonis speech when he decided the Caps were going to rebuild.

Ted Leonsis, Washington Capitals owner: 10-points about rebuilding - Joel's Blog
Who cares what it's called? It's semantics. We are already in rebuilding mode, that's what sucks even more about losing a guy like Hank, who needs all the time he can get. In fact I thought Shanny's playing the rookies so much is a pretty good indication of what he's trying to do lately, even though he won't say "rebuild."
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
Who cares what it's called? It's semantics. We are already in rebuilding mode, that's what sucks even more about losing a guy like Hank, who needs all the time he can get. In fact I thought Shanny's playing the rookies so much is a pretty good indication of what he's trying to do lately, even though he won't say "rebuild."
Coaches hate the word rebuilding because it insinuates that losing is acceptable.

I agree, who cares what it's called, it's obvious what's going on.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #74
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
NFL.com news: Groin injury limits Redskins' Brown, may sideline him Sunday

So jamaal brown is gonna be out this week, as well as OJ Atogwe and K Fox. Are we going to have enough people to put on the field? This is horrible.

I hear they are having "Fan Day" this Sunday where they let a Redskins fan get to participate in one play each.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:46 AM   #75
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Coaches hate the word rebuilding because it insinuates that losing is acceptable.

I agree, who cares what it's called, it's obvious what's going on.
I feel though that this was a fan base that was sick and tired of the whole "we're just a few players away from winning" which the team was not, and was clamoring for a rebuilding team. I would rather have a rebuilding team since MS first day, than the crap we are seeing this year.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote