Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Fitzmagic Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: The week one starting QB will be...
Fitzpatrick 25 52.08%
Allen 8 16.67%
Heinicke 15 31.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2021, 04:27 PM   #151
MTK
\m/

Re: Fitzmagic Thread

A true QB competition is between 2 guys. If we're talking about a competition between 3 or 4 guys, that's just not how it works in the NFL. There simply aren't enough snaps to go around in order to properly evaluate everyone. Jay Gruden was on Ben Standig's podcast recently and said the same thing.

Advertisements
Old 03-23-2021, 04:33 PM   #152
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Don't worry man. I'm confident that there will be a competition at every position, and the best player at each position will be the starter. At QB, that will be Fitz. If he balls out, and they don't find their QB of the future in the next 18 months, look for him to come back and do it again.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #153
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Don't worry man. I'm confident that there will be a competition at every position, and the best player at each position will be the starter. At QB, that will be Fitz. If he balls out, and they don't find their QB of the future in the next 18 months, look for him to come back and do it again.
I love Fitz and think he was the best get after missing out on Stafford, I also think he is better now and with the weapons the WFT has he can light it up this year. If he does, the rest of the division will be watching at home come playoff time!

But I won't be shocked if we see him end the season as the backup.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #154
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Fire that fucking pigskin. Can't wait for the magic show.

Good draft and a couple more depth to solid FA signings and we have a legit chance at double digit wins. C'mon April 29th!!
Yeah wait until he has a couple 3 int games. The spaz outs will be epic around here.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:50 PM   #155
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Totally agree. It was a fun story last year but the Heinicke hype is just that, hype. Otherwise Ron wouldn't have tried trading for Stafford and inquired about several other guys. There's not going to be a legitimate QB competition, nor should there be.
It may or may not be hype. It needs to play itself out in competition. That is the only way we'll know about TH. Just based off of what we saw he at least deserves as shot to compete for the job. I wouldn't just hand the job to Fitz. Someone needs to earn it.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:59 PM   #156
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Yeah wait until he has a couple 3 int games. The spaz outs will be epic around here.
I'm already locked in for at least 4 games of multiple INT's. Hopefully he doesn't blow his load in like the 1st 6 weeks. McLaurin going for 1400+ this year. Going official superstar status.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:16 PM   #157
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Well WFT had five games with multiple INTs last year, so I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway, I think the difference will be that he won't be charged with having to do it all with the weapons at his disposal, and this defense.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:25 PM   #158
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
+1

He's always good for a couple every year. I'm just hoping his ratio of good games to bad games is 3/1. If he does that we can contend for the division title (still don't think we can keep up with the TB's of the world though).

Real talk though, when Fitz was drafted in 2005 did anybody think 16 years later he'd be starting for the WFT? Hell of a story for him.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:56 PM   #159
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Hopefully he can keep those games to a minimum here, but it will probably happen. I think that this team, specifically the defense, is built to overcome it though when it does happen.

WFT QBs had five games with at least two INTs, and three games with 3 INTs last year.

You will be hard pressed to find a NFL starter who doesn't do that from time to time.
Old 03-23-2021, 10:43 PM   #160
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Hopefully he can keep those games to a minimum here, but it will probably happen. I think that this team, specifically the defense, is built to overcome it though when it does happen.

WFT QBs had five games with at least two INTs, and three games with 3 INTs last year.

You will be hard pressed to find a NFL starter who doesn't do that from time to time.
If you're gonna have an aggressive QB, matching him up with a good defense is the best option. There will also be games where he's on fire and we drop 21 points by half and our defense just puts the other teams QB's dick in the dirt.

We will be exciting. With exciting play comes some eggs.

I'll take it this year.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 06:55 AM   #161
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There absolutely should be a competition. Yes Heinecke was a one off, but Fitz is on a 1 year deal and is 38. They should bring in a late round rookie, and let them compete mainly so we know what we have in 2022.

Also, of course you go for Stafford over Heinicke that is a no brainer. But Fitz isnt Stafford, he is on his 9th team for a reason. If he wins the starting job that is fine and in 2022 we are back to the whole qb drawing board.

I think some of this discussion assumes I or others are arguing for Heinicke. I am not. I am saying the goal of the coaching staff should be to find a long term solution at the qb, and you do that through competition. Until we have a qb we can seriously count on for 3-4 years minimum there should be competition every year.

WFT signing Fitz doesn't end the search for a QB of the future. Every team is looking for a QB of the future even teams like KC, and Balt. WFT needed a QB for the present, because it didn't have one, and Fitz is now that guy.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:31 AM   #162
MTK
\m/

For those fans of having a "competition", why is Allen not getting any mention? Seems odd to leave out the likely #2.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:46 AM   #163
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
For those fans of having a "competition", why is Allen not getting any mention? Seems odd to leave out the likely #2.
For me it's because Fitz and TH are similar styles so i would prefer those two take the reps and the rest of the offense stay focused on that style. Kyle would better have followed AS in my opinion. But i am also open to taking a qb in the 3rd and let that qb compete with RF. Basically the point is whichever qb in camp not named Fitz that the coaches see a potential long term solution should have the opportunity to compete.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #164
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
There absolutely should be a competition. Yes Heinecke was a one off, but Fitz is on a 1 year deal and is 38. They should bring in a late round rookie, and let them compete mainly so we know what we have in 2022.

Also, of course you go for Stafford over Heinicke that is a no brainer. But Fitz isnt Stafford, he is on his 9th team for a reason. If he wins the starting job that is fine and in 2022 we are back to the whole qb drawing board.

I think some of this discussion assumes I or others are arguing for Heinicke. I am not. I am saying the goal of the coaching staff should be to find a long term solution at the qb, and you do that through competition. Until we have a qb we can seriously count on for 3-4 years minimum there should be competition every year.

Why bring in another late-round rookie? Lets see what Montez can do. He's 6'5", mobile and a good athlete at QB. He's basically a plus-sized version of Heinicke.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #165
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Agree. Allen is RR's version of Colt McCoy and will be the #2. Unless TH does something spectacular he will likely be the odd man out.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote