Old 03-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: Tony Stewart crashes at Vegas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Carma...clever pun

But that's not why it's karma , but either way off to Atlanta
I didn't think anyone would notice that.

Yes it is...Gordon has done well this season but has nothing to show for it. Hopefully his luck will turn back to good.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Both Hendrick and JGR have to start taking some checkered flags.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #4
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Both Hendrick and JGR have to start taking some checkered flags.
That's certainly true. I was hoping Dale would pull it off, but Carl was just too strong today. Dale needs to catch a break.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
FRPLG
MVP

Gordon's wreck was as cose to disasterous as it gets.

And yes it is time for Hendrick and JGR to put some more speed on the track. Actually JGR seems to be OK speed wise they have just had bad luck. Hendrick looks slow this year which is a bad sign since they were beyond dominate last year. I guess all the winning last year kept them from putting enough time into the COT. Now it is biting them in the ass it seems.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Gordon's wreck was as cose to disasterous as it gets.

And yes it is time for Hendrick and JGR to put some more speed on the track. Actually JGR seems to be OK speed wise they have just had bad luck. Hendrick looks slow this year which is a bad sign since they were beyond dominate last year. I guess all the winning last year kept them from putting enough time into the COT. Now it is biting them in the ass it seems.
I disagree with you. There is not much difference between JGR and Hendricks right now if you watched the races. Gordon has been at the top in every race, he had a weird failure in his car and fell back in the Daytona 500, and had a top 5 finish 2 weeks ago and would have been a top 5 finish if not for that nasty wreck. Johnson is doing fine, although fell behind on Sunday, and Dale Jr. has been near the top all 3 races too. Mears is forgotten but he's been a good 4th driver.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #7
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Junior and his crew chief are their own worst enemy,if Junior doesnt spin the tires he probably wins this race,and its not the first time he's made a mistake on the track that a driver of his caliber is suppossed to make,and his crew chief never seems to make the right call in critcal situations,at least thats how it appears to me,just my opinion
Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Junior and his crew chief are their own worst enemy,if Junior doesnt spin the tires he probably wins this race,and its not the first time he's made a mistake on the track that a driver of his caliber is suppossed to make,and his crew chief never seems to make the right call in critcal situations,at least thats how it appears to me,just my opinion
Well he won that race in Daytona by not taking a pit and all most won the Daytona 500 by holding off taking a pit. I'm not sure if that is really his problem.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #9
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
JR. might have won that race on Sunday. Carl Edwards failed post race inspection...something about oil cover not being there. Don't know if they will strip him of the win, but if they do, Dale Jr. becomes the winner.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
JR. might have won that race on Sunday. Carl Edwards failed post race inspection...something about oil cover not being there. Don't know if they will strip him of the win, but if they do, Dale Jr. becomes the winner.
NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the No. 99 team that competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found last Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
The No. 99 car driven by Carl Edwards was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-2.1J (any device or duct work that permits air to pass from one area of the interior of the car to another, or to the outside of the car, will not be permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, the inside of the car to the trunk area, or the floors, firewalls, crush panels and wheel wells passing air into or out of the car) of the 2008 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during post-race inspection at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 2.
As a result, Edwards and car owner Jack Roush have been penalized 100 championship driver and 100 championship owner points, respectively. In the event the 99 team qualifies for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the team will not receive the 10 bonus points for the UAW-Dodge 400 victory used for determining the Chase seeding order. Crew chief Bob Osborne has been fined $100,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until April 30 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #11
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
NASCAR has issued penalties and fines to the No. 99 team that competes in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, as a result of rule infractions found last Sunday at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
The No. 99 car driven by Carl Edwards was found to be in violation of Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment used do not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-2.1J (any device or duct work that permits air to pass from one area of the interior of the car to another, or to the outside of the car, will not be permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, the inside of the car to the trunk area, or the floors, firewalls, crush panels and wheel wells passing air into or out of the car) of the 2008 NASCAR rule book. The violations were found during post-race inspection at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 2.
As a result, Edwards and car owner Jack Roush have been penalized 100 championship driver and 100 championship owner points, respectively. In the event the 99 team qualifies for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the team will not receive the 10 bonus points for the UAW-Dodge 400 victory used for determining the Chase seeding order. Crew chief Bob Osborne has been fined $100,000, suspended from the next six NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events, suspended from NASCAR until April 30 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.
That is what they call the hammer.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 PM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
So he gets to keep his win???? They will take away his 10 points for the chase, but not the actual win??
They really cracked down on the crew chief...ouch.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #13
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
So he gets to keep his win???? They will take away his 10 points for the chase, but not the actual win??
They really cracked down on the crew chief...ouch.
I think they should take the win away...from anyone found illegal after these sort of things...it doesn't make sense. I mean if they took Vanessa William's crown away.....
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #14
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

A couple of thoughts: First, Gordon admitted that he was the cause for his wreck that took himself out and spun out the other car (#17 Kenseth?). Second, Jr. stated after the race that the red flag killed his chances of taking the lead due to cold tires (and yes, he spun his tires on the previous re-start that could have been catastrophic). But, I think, and hope, Jr. is very close to pulling the trigger on getting a win.

As far as Toyota goes in terms of being better than last year, I'm not surprised at all. I suspect that they threw a ton of $$$ at JGR to switch brands (which I'm still not quite over yet) which immediately gave them much more respectability in addition to capturing JGR technical resources. They were sure to be more competitive.

Someone please enlighten me if they know more, but I recall hearing that Toyota had about 30-40 more HP than the other mfr's around the time they ran Daytona. If so, no wonder they're kicking everyone's asses. However, I hope I don't hear the Chevy, Ford, and Chrysler teams wine if Toyota does indeed have an advantage. In the old days, the other mfr's would just work harder to develop new technology to outrun their competition. But currently, the other teams will just bitch and moan until NASCAR once again tweaks the rules to provide a "level" playing field. Man, I miss the old days!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #15
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

JSARNO!!!!!!!! I am blaming YOU for Gordon's bad luck by starting this thread about Stewart wrecking!!!!! Smootsmack was right about the Karma....it was on you! haha just kidding of course....but man did that suck!
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote