Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The Washington Capitals Playoff Stretch Run Thread

Other Sports

Old 03-25-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: The Washington Capitals superstar Ovechkin gets his 60th goal tonight!

Big win for them tonight over Carolina. Unfortunately, the Bruins handled Toronto pretty easily tonight
Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
FRPLG
MVP

Big win. BIG. They gotta hope for some help. Wouldn't it be a story for them to come back from such an awful start to win the division?
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 05:46 AM   #3
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I'd love for them to win the division but I'd be just as happy if they got the final spot in the playoffs. Unfortunately Boston isn't helping them out in that regard. I'm so glad we got the win tonight, we definitely needed that extra point. Hopefully their hot streak continues on Thursday against Tampa Bay.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I'd love for them to win the division but I'd be just as happy if they got the final spot in the playoffs. Unfortunately Boston isn't helping them out in that regard. I'm so glad we got the win tonight, we definitely needed that extra point. Hopefully their hot streak continues on Thursday against Tampa Bay.
yea, i'd be perfectly happy if they could just get that final playoff spot. if they can get in the playoffs, they could really be a scary team to face. those late additions of federov, huet and cook have been paying off, those 3 guys have been playing some good hockey.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

No goals tonight for Ovie. But one heck of a come back and knot up the game in the last few minutes of the 3rd...then CAP EM off in OT!

A needed two points to keep pace with the Cans/Bruins, we are still two back of the 8th spot but the hottest team in the East, I think after tonights game its 7 wins in the last 8 games?

This thing looks good to go down to the wire if we can stay HOT and just maybe get a playoff spot! Almost have to win the last four and see what happens....Go CAPS!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
wolfeskins
The Starter

that was a nice little, come from behind, victory.thankfully, i got to see the whole thing.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #7
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
that was a nice little, come from behind, victory.thankfully, i got to see the whole thing.

From here on out every game is a playoff game! We must win, and I think the roll we are on while on the road will carry over back home after tomorrow (tomorrow finishes the 6 game road run), for the last three at home.

Bout time you finally got to see some Caps hockey, kinda nice huh.....lol
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

Old 03-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Bout time you finally got to see some Caps hockey, kinda nice huh.....lol

you know what, i've never really been a big fan of hockey. i would watch a few games here and there, i would go to a few Admirals games and i enjoyed it but never really a big fan. my 11 year old son, on the other hand, has been a fan of hockey for as long as i can remember. well this season i started watching all the caps games with my son and i'll tell ya what, i can't get enough of it. i look foward to watching a caps game almost as much as watching a skins game.

hockey is now my 2nd favorite sport to watch, overtaking college basketball, which has been bumped to the #3 spot.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You need to go see a game live. There is nothing like it. And as Caps fans we're blessed to have in your backyard (rink?) one of the best and most exciting athletes in any sport. I don't get to go to as many Caps games as I'd like to, but I'd highly recommend to everyone else do not, DO NOT, take for granted how awesome and one-of-a kind Alexander Ovechkin is.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #10
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You need to go see a game live. There is nothing like it. And as Caps fans we're blessed to have in your backyard (rink?) one of the best and most exciting athletes in any sport. I don't get to go to as many Caps games as I'd like to, but I'd highly recommend to everyone else do not, DO NOT, take for granted how awesome and one-of-a kind Alexander Ovechkin is.
Good ides SS.....I think I'll do that oh next Saturday night, center ice LL Season finale.

Yea, its hard to beat we go to a couple Cap games a year and love it. And the GREAT 8 is worth the price of admission & I can't leave out a notable mention to the rest of the young guns. This team is a rising star in hockey land right here in DC, this team is being built for the Cup!

Side note:There is absolutely no way to compare the AHL to the NHL the speed of the game and contact level is just like trying to compare a minibike to a jacked up hotrod, whole different ball game.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
wolfeskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

yea, my son and i have already been talking about going to some caps games next season.
btw, how do caps game tickets compare to skins game tickets, price wise ?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
yea, my son and i have already been talking about going to some caps games next season.
btw, how do caps game tickets compare to skins game tickets, price wise ?
The price range is big anywhere from $10-225. We have tickets for the season finale next Saturday. The seats are Main Concourse I paid $100 a piece (and got a heck of a deal for these seats in this location) for the tickets and a friend of ours that works for the Caps hooked up us with tickets to the dewar party before the game....which is a blast. Great food and cocktails or beers (all you can eat and drink banquet).

If you watch out for specials they have from time to time ( like family night, kid night, college night, etc), they will have like a 4 tix and 4 hot dogs and drinks for $99. So just keep an eye out they have some pretty cool specials to take the family to a game where you don't have to get a loan.

Washington Capitals - Tickets - Washington Capitals Ticket Plans

Old 03-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #13
wolfeskins
The Starter

thanks for the info nn.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
thanks for the info nn.
Anytime wolf. Don't forget the boys take the ice in FLA. for the last of a 6 game road trip tonight. Then back home for the closing three, we need all these games, even though we got a little help last night, it will mean nothing if we can't keep winning. The Cans are going to be tough to catch NOT impossible, but they are HOT as we are.

I look for a hard fought battle tonight, but the Caps get it done. Ovie will produce a puck or two in the twine!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:13 PM   #15
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

WOW!!!! What a SHOT! Theres 62 for the BOSS. Go OVIE! Caps up 3-0