Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Old 04-30-2021, 05:06 PM   #1456
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Re: Let's talk good beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
With the warmer weather, im trying different pilsners.

If anyone has a good recommendations, im all ears

3 floyd apocalypse cow dipa was really really good.
Are you in VA or semi close to Charlottesville? Shower Beer by Champion is my absolute summer jam. Mama's Yellow Pils also delicious as mentioned below.

Advertisements
Old 05-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #1457
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Merica Legend
Id love to get my hands on some of that ...

In in Md and cant go to breweries as my wild and crazy weekends are filled with Target and Home Depot runs. relegated to craft beer stores.

Im trying to run through the MD breweries but finding it hard to find fresh pils. Everything is 9 months or older. Found a 3 month old manor hill pils and it was outstanding.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 12:56 PM   #1458
SunnySide
Playmaker

Eviltwin Even More Jesus - imperial stout, tasted muted and a little thin. I like thick mealy stouts that you can almost chew.

3 floyds crom's beard dipa - really good, especially in this day and age of every dipa being a hazy orchard bomb.

astro lab "boom boom" - hazy orchard dipa
Old 10-04-2021, 01:14 PM   #1459
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hazy IPA's are taking over the beer shelves. It's a damn infestation at this point. Between those and all the seltzers, there is no space for good beers.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:18 PM   #1460
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Hazy IPA's are taking over the beer shelves. It's a damn infestation at this point. Between those and all the seltzers, there is no space for good beers.
I’m a west coast guy. You want haze? Smoke some heavy indica.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #1461
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Going on a trip to the Berkshires in four weeks and certainly will stock up.

Old 10-04-2021, 02:27 PM   #1462
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Released quarterly by the Alchemist in Vermont. All their beers are superb. Was lucky enough to get my hands on one of these this past weekend. Damn good.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #1463
MTK
\m/

Heady is definitely one of the top IPAs out there.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #1464
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Released quarterly by the Alchemist in Vermont. All their beers are superb. Was lucky enough to get my hands on one of these this past weekend. Damn good.
8%, it'll get you drunk.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #1465
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post

Wow .. jealous. Thats a unicorn right there.

My Pliny the Elder connection got shut down again. This little bottle shop in San Fran would break rules.

------------------

https://www.sfwtc.com/websearch_resu...=russian+river

Bunch of RR offerings. He doesnt list it but if you put "russian river" in the search bar it pops up. Years ago we had to use a secret code word to pull it up.

---------
Our Shipping & Delivery Policy

If you are planning on having alcoholic beverages shipped within the US, please be advised that orders on our web site will not be accepted when the shipping address is in Maryland, Utah, New Hampshire or North Dakota. If a buyer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by San Francisco Wine Trading Company violates the law, we suggest that the buyer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state.

- no idea why MD is included w utah, NH and N dakota. I used to get shipments from them all the time.

If youre in VA or DC .. hit em up. Pliny for $5 a bottle plus a ton of other RR shipped illegally to anyone east of the Mississippi

Last edited by SunnySide; 10-04-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2021, 05:39 PM   #1466
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Let's talk good beer

So here is the picture of my can on my buddies porch. Just so nobody thinks i didn’t actually see a unicorn. Lol.
I want to say it is the third time ive had the pleasure. Two times was this same friend- other time we took em skiing and another friend went skiing in vermont and bought some back. Along with others by the alchemist.

I left my wife at home in the middle of an argument that was totally my fault to go drink this. No glass of course. Was worth every dirty look I got when I arrived back home. In return I bought some of the finest erb ive had in a long time. White durban poison energizer grown by rhythm. Was a fantastic 45 minutes and it was Friday night. It was definitely a pinnacle moment in my beer/erb moments.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #1467
SunnySide
Playmaker

Punch -- thats good living right there. Porch sitting on a quiet neighborhood street on a Friday night drinking Heady and partaking. I read an article form the Alchemist guy and its unusual he says drink of out a can. I like pouring into my various glasses.

Expedition Stout - should be in MD any day now, I hope. Last year they did a BA batch as well. Every year I try and "cellar" expedition and it never makes its past winter.
Old 10-07-2021, 11:59 AM   #1468
SunnySide
Playmaker

From their home in Stowe, just 10 miles north of Waterbury, Jen and John and their son, Charlie, watched the storm unfold. When they got the call that Waterbury was being evacuated, John jumped in the car and drove down, powerless but determined to see the destruction with his own eyes.

By the time he arrived at the brewpub, the basement—where he had been brewing for eight years, where he stored the original recipes for more than 70 beers, and where he and Jen had their offices and kept the food—was completely under water. On the first floor, John stepped inside. The water was not yet waist high, but it was well on its way, so he worked his way to the bar and poured himself a final pint of Holy Cow IPA. Then, with the water rising at his feet, he raised his glass skyward and toasted goodbye to everything they’d built.

This mythologizing annoys John to no end. “This isn’t some magic formula,” he says, though Heady’s exact composition is of course a secret. John will reveal that Heady is made with British barley and American hops, and that the beer is a tribute to the hop variety Simcoe in particular. Simcoe hops, developed and patented by Yakima Chief Ranch in Washington state, have been on the market only since 2000. The Alchemist’s yeast, a key contributor to its beers’ flavors, was a gift from John’s brewing mentor, Greg Noonan, who obtained it on a trip to England in the 1980s. The only condition: John could never share the original culture with anyone else.

https://www.foodandwine.com/beer/hea...ing-double-ipa

Long article but really good read
Old 10-12-2021, 10:20 AM   #1469
SunnySide
Playmaker

KBS cinnamon vanilla cocoa .. do not get.

When I saw it I couldnt understand why cinnamon or vanilla would be a good idea but I trusted Founders to not make such a shitty decision on one of their flagship beers.

It is horrible. After the first sip I almost poured it out. I can still taste it the next day.

Im going to hide the remaining 3 bottles in my basement somewhere in case there is a zombie apocalypse and I completely run out of all other beers .. and then maybe. But probably not.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:03 PM   #1470
RedskinMike
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Punch -- thats good living right there. Porch sitting on a quiet neighborhood street on a Friday night drinking Heady and partaking. I read an article form the Alchemist guy and its unusual he says drink of out a can. I like pouring into my various glasses.

Expedition Stout - should be in MD any day now, I hope. Last year they did a BA batch as well. Every year I try and "cellar" expedition and it never makes its past winter.
Heady looks like shit in a glass. Lots of floaties and chunks. Definately a unicorn and is one of the OG hazy ipas.
RedskinMike is offline   Reply With Quote