Warpath Myth vs. Reality

Playbook

Old 11-14-2007, 02:28 PM   #46
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Re: Warpath Myth vs. Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
If everyone always agreed, this wouldn't be much of a site. Disagreements often make for the best discussions/threads. Everyone just needs to be smart and respectful (I realize the former may be hard for some) in their posts. I don't think it's too hard.

One thing that absolutely drives me nuts are internet tough guys. Anyone who can get personally insulting- calling people douche bags, physical threats, etc on a fan website or any other online forum is a complete tool. It's really easy to hide behind a user name and an avatar and go after others. It's also really cowardly and childish. Anyone remember that Porterhouse fiasco??

Don't be dumb, don't be a bully. Or I'll kick your ass!
I especially like the clowns that come in here and their first post is telling someone how stupid they are, then when the person responds to the insult, they threaten them with, "you wouldn't say that if you were right here..."

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #47
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Any one who thinks the Mods are unfair, or you can't voice your opinion, should spend a couple of weeks on this forum (if you can last that long):

The Official Bulletin Board of The Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Powered by vBulletin

Also, check out this related thread:

http://www.redskinswarpath.com/parki...re-unfair.html
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #48
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Any one who thinks the Mods are unfair, or you can't voice your opinion, should spend a couple of weeks on this forum (if you can last that long):

The Official Bulletin Board of The Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Powered by vBulletin

Also, check out this related thread:

http://www.redskinswarpath.com/parki...re-unfair.html
What a funny situation that was. Last April I believe. Friggin Nazi's over there on the Tampa Bay site...
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM   #49
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Smootsmack/Matty et. al:

I am living proof that one need not always agree with the moderators here in order to maintain posting privleges. If anyone ever says that saying nice things about the Redskins and other posters here is REQUIRED in order to stay on the air, please assign them to read any random dozen of my postings. If that does not get them to change their minds, then they may not have minds to change...

I don't believe I've ever called anyone a "douche-bag" on this board. But in case I have, let me apologize - - - unless your name happens to be Jeff George. :cheeky-sm
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 PM   #50
jbcjr14
The Starter

"I am very proud of our moderators here on the Warpath.net. "Up here" you really have to fight your guts out each and every week and this group of guys does that. I couldn't be more proud to be around this group of guys. I am pleased with their efforts and I am confident we have the right group of guys."

Coach
Old 11-14-2007, 04:21 PM   #51
12thMan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Bottom line, you sure start a heck of a lot of threads. But they are quality threads. I'm thinking of maybe having you start a thread teaching people how to start a thread. Seriously, your threads are well thought out and spark very good discussions (by those that are actually here to have good discussions)

I'm completely serious. You start a 12thMan's Guide to a Proper Thread and I'll sticky it
It's been a very interesting week, huh fellas..and ladies. Let me say this, I like to write and contribute to this site just as much as the next guy. There's really no right or wrong way to start a thread, I think. Yes, there are some general guidelines established by the Mods, and then there are the unspoken rules, so to speak. For instance, "Portis Sucks" or "I hate Gibbs" don't go far. And you really don't believe that anyway, do you? In fact, you actually love Joe Gibbs. If you saw Gibbs or Portis in Starbucks, or wherever it is you go, you'd be running around like a three year old trying to get an autograph. I'll take it a step further, if one of us ran into Ethan Albright, we couldn't wait to get to the nearest computer to let everyone on Warpath know about it. Proof that we really do appreciate and admire these guys greatly. Every single one of them. You and I are just pissed about the way things are going with the team sometimes, that's all. Does your wife want to fire you for leaving the toilet seat up all the damn time? Nope. So don't go overboard the next time Joe Gibbs leaves the toilet seat up, so to speak, in the final two minutes of the game. Which actually leads me to my first of five things.

One: Generally speaking, if you're pissed off about something, your thread is doomed from jump street. Because you're already in an argumentative mode and the point never really becomes the point. It usually becomes a contest to see who can become the rudest camouflaged as an intelligent argument. Personally, I usually go with fives because it's just easier for me to lay my thoughts out. I also find that other posters can nit-pick my thread easier without attacking me personally. For instance, they may like point 2 but disagree with point 4. That way they don't just trash the whole damn thread. It would take a real asshole to disagree with five out of five things, don't you think? But even if they disagreed with everything, I still wouldn't give a damn. On to number two.

Two: If I think it's going to be a long thread, I usually write it on a Word document or an email format first, then I'll post it later. That just works for me, you have to find what works for you. I can go back and forth, pick my nose, and think about it before I post it. Sometimes when I write it directly on Warpath and try to save it before the server decides to timeout, I don't feel pressured to finish it before it's really clear. And believe it or not, I steal a little of everyone's style, a little of their humor and make it my own. So the next time, you see me misspell a word, remember I'm imitating DBOYZ at that point.

Three: I pretend like I'm actually talking to one of you in person or even anticipate a rebuttal beforehand. So, say you know Earthquake, Paulskinsfan, or GhettoAllStars are going to rip your ass because of something bogus you posted. Chances are you'll probably think twice and at least try to make it tough for them to "not see" where you're coming from. Sounds crazy, but it kind of helps. Again, getting everyone to agree with you shouldn't be the goal of any thread or post, but rather seeing where everyone is on an issue. Or do others share that same sentiment. That's why starting a Gibbs thread, or a Ramsey thread, or a Portis v. Champ thread is so silly. It's well documented how people feel and stand on these issues - good and bad. Now after Clinton becomes rushing champ this year, all bets are off. I'm starting a thread!

Four: Think about the guys who visit the site, but we never hear from. Seriously. They either think we're too full of ourselves or we're too negative at times or just too damn rude. None of which is entirely true. I know the first time I started a thread, I was nervous as heck. I think...no, I know, collectively there isn't a fan site anywhere that can hold a candle to Warpath in terms of knowledge, passion, and overall organization. That being said, it can be a little intimidating for someone who's visiting and then feel they have nothing to add because we're so "knowledgeable". Guys, we want to create a warm, friendly environment that embraces all races, ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, and genders. So for all you lurkers out there, come out of the cyber closet and post with us. You damn sissy!

Five: Effin relax and have some fun! Some of you cats act like you need a piece. Just come here and have some damn fun. Don't take yourself too seriously, don't take the members here too seriously, and quite frankly, don't even take the Mods too seriously. It's not like they're Cowboy fans. Don't forget at the end of the day, they're Redskins fans just like the rest us. Half the guys we get pissed at, are dudes we'd sit beside at a pub, have over for dinner, or maybe hold hands with - if you're Malcolm that is. I know for sure I wouldn't trust RedskinRich alone with my old lady. No way, buddy! But chances are, if you met most of these guys/gals you'd think they were very cool. Even though SBF can be a little weird at times, I think he's a good guy at heart. I mean, how many damn ways can you barbeque a rib!

That's all I got fellas.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:25 PM   #52
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Don't forget at the end of the day, they're Redskins fans just like the rest us. Half the guys we get pissed at, are dudes we'd sit beside at a pub, have over for dinner, or maybe hold hands with - if you're Malcolm that is.
If you have a better way to exchange protein strands, I'd sure like to hear it.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #53
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

I think the mods here kickass. I'm sure they've wanted to bust out the corporal punishment on a few people but they stay professional. As professional as you can get with a bunch of random strangers, I guess. :P I've personally never had a problem with anyone here. I feel like the relationship on thewarpath resembles that of a family; we're all brothers and sisters. With Matty as Dad and SS as mom. TMC can be the ho on the side. <3

Much love guys and gals.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #54
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
I think the mods here kickass. I'm sure they've wanted to bust out the corporal punishment on a few people but they stay professional. As professional as you can get with a bunch of random strangers, I guess. :P I've personally never had a problem with anyone here. I feel like the relationship on thewarpath resembles that of a family; we're all brothers and sisters. With Matty as Dad and SS as mom. TMC can be the ho on the side. <3

Much love guys and gals.
I feel kind of disturbed by that comment.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #55
70Chip
Playmaker

Anyone who suggests that a HC should step down or be fired mid-season is going to get a heavy dose of criticism and ridicule from me. If that results in accusations that peoples' loyalty is being questioned, then so be it. We've all got our rights.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #56
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
If you have a better way to exchange protein strands, I'd sure like to hear it.
TheKangandKodoConnection
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #57
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I feel kind of disturbed by that comment.
I'm tempted to start referring to you as "Mother" a la James Jesus Angleton. (It's a compliment, dude)
Old 11-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #58
Lady Brave
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post

Much love guys and gals.
SS: "Just wait until Matty gets home!"

If I've read that comment once, I've read it a thousand times.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:33 PM   #59
paulskinsfan

Well, I guess this thread was bogus. There was a new thread started entitled:

"Gibbs Dictionary" by Gabe1984. The link was to the following:

http://wheelhouse.blogspot.com/2007/...ictionary.html

So, why was the thread started by Gabe1984 locked down immediately? The link pokes fun of Gibbs vocabulary. Its a legitimate thread, and anyone defending Gibbs could have posted, so why was it locked down in Chuck Woolery time? Where am I wrong here?
paulskinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
Well, I guess this thread was bogus. There was a new thread started entitled:

"Gibbs Dictionary" by Gabe1984. The link was to the following:

http://wheelhouse.blogspot.com/2007/...ictionary.html

So, why was the thread started by Gabe1984 locked down immediately? The link pokes fun of Gibbs vocabulary. Its a legitimate thread, and anyone defending Gibbs could have posted, so why was it locked down in Chuck Woolery time? Where am I wrong here?
I think you're really reaching here, just trying to insist that we're out to get the anti-Gibbs crowd. I explained why it was locked in that thread. I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

But I suppose you need an explanation...so here it is. If he wants to add that link as a post in a current thread that's fine. However, we already have a "Joe Must Step Down" thread, another thread discussing Joe's impact with the personnel since returning, another debating his draft skills. And there might be others I'm missing.

But that right there is three Gibbs related threads. There wasn't a need for a 4th one.