WFT's Off-Season Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-15-2021, 02:57 PM   #241
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: WFT's Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
not sure why Smith is coming back. he can't get away from the rush. it's a tough decision but you have to move on.
I imagine he feels with offseason training and effort he can rehab and be effective. Not saying he can, just that it doesnt seem in his make-up to just be done with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-15-2021, 03:43 PM   #242
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Goodbye.

Go root for the Rams.

We have all been WFT fans well before RR. Just because you are not in love with a particular coach or player doesn’t mean you cannot still be a fan. RR still has a long way to go. I will reserve judgment for a couple more seasons...but again we are fans of the franchise first and players and or coaches next. They come and go but we always here. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:07 PM   #243
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
We have all been WFT fans well before RR. Just because you are not in love with a particular coach or player doesn’t mean you cannot still be a fan. RR still has a long way to go. I will reserve judgment for a couple more seasons...but again we are fans of the franchise first and players and or coaches next. They come and go but we always here. Lol.
You are right. Just seems curious to jump ship now after all this team was able to overcome and accomplish this year. There's been plenty of other times in the past 20+ years that seem more worthy to bail. I feel like the team is collectively heading in the right direction for the first time in quite a while. Maybe not, but like you, I will reserve judgment for at least a couple more seasons.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #244
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
You are right. Just seems curious to jump ship now after all this team was able to overcome and accomplish this year. There's been plenty of other times in the past 20+ years that seem more worthy to bail. I feel like the team is collectively heading in the right direction for the first time in quite a while. Maybe not, but like you, I will reserve judgment for at least a couple more seasons.

I completely agree. Seems like a weird time to finally get fed up. I just hate the notion that someone, in this case Jamf , has to be the fan of a HC who has been here a hot minute to root for the team he has rooted for his entire life.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #245
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
and Andrew Luck.
Their strategy, shit the bed so you get the first overall pick.

Rivera hiring anyone with connections.
Might as well hire Rob Kardashian and Sarah Huckabee.

I'm going to be the first off the Rivera bandwagon. F this guy and he cronies.
I see everybody is shitting on you for this, but I won't. I disagree with you on this but otherwise I still value your opinions. Hope you're wrong because if you're right we're in for another 4-5 year stretch of mediocrity.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:38 PM   #246
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
I see everybody is shitting on you for this, but I won't. I disagree with you on this but otherwise I still value your opinions. Hope you're wrong because if you're right we're in for another 4-5 year stretch of mediocrity.
Not shitting on anyone. He can do what he wants... feel how he wants...

Just questioning the timing.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:39 PM   #247
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Chief, I feel like you've probably been a fan as long as I've been alive, but for me I don't get excited after seasons like last year because that tends to have been amongst our greatest seasons for the past 30 years.

Since I became a fan, we've literally never had a top-to-bottom, front-to-back, start-to-finish great season. I'm talking 11-5 or better. Tough from the first minute of the first game to the last minute of the last one.

However I have witnessed Mark Brunell jump-start the season with 2 td's to Santana Moss in the last 5 minutes of a game against the Cowboys to eventually close out the season making the playoffs after winning 5 in a row. I have seen this team rally after Sean Taylor died to win 4? in a row to make the playoffs at 9-7. I have witnessed RG3 do the same shit, win a bunch in a row to make the playoffs after a mediocre start. And now I've witnessed Ron Rivera's squad do the same with a limited Alex Smith at qb.

Inspiring? Sure. Made for tv? Most def. Reasons to inspire confidence for next season? Nahhh. We got the heart. We still need the talent. And Ron is in a competitive race with half the league to find our qb for the foreseeable future and if he screws it up it most likely means the next 2+ seasons are wasted. So yeah I don't blame jamf for how he feels. If Ron truly is a great coach and team builder, he has to prove it this offseason.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #248
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Chief, I feel like you've probably been a fan as long as I've been alive, but for me I don't get excited after seasons like last year because that tends to have been amongst our greatest seasons for the past 30 years.

Since I became a fan, we've literally never had a top-to-bottom, front-to-back, start-to-finish great season. I'm talking 11-5 or better. Tough from the first minute of the first game to the last minute of the last one.

However I have witnessed Mark Brunell jump-start the season with 2 td's to Santana Moss in the last 5 minutes of a game against the Cowboys to eventually close out the season making the playoffs after winning 5 in a row. I have seen this team rally after Sean Taylor died to win 4? in a row to make the playoffs at 9-7. I have witnessed RG3 do the same shit, win a bunch in a row to make the playoffs after a mediocre start. And now I've witnessed Ron Rivera's squad do the same with a limited Alex Smith at qb.

Inspiring? Sure. Made for tv? Most def. Reasons to inspire confidence for next season? Nahhh. We got the heart. We still need the talent. And Ron is in a competitive race with half the league to find our qb for the foreseeable future and if he screws it up it most likely means the next 2+ seasons are wasted. So yeah I don't blame jamf for how he feels. If Ron truly is a great coach and team builder, he has to prove it this offseason.
I agree 100.

Everyone has a boner over winning literally the most pathetic division in NFL history. Plus we beat one team with a winning record. I am positive about the team but I am not ready to declare Ron or the team anything special. So far par for the course in Redskin land.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:01 PM   #249
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
and Andrew Luck.
Their strategy, shit the bed so you get the first overall pick.

Rivera hiring anyone with connections.
Might as well hire Rob Kardashian and Sarah Huckabee.

I'm going to be the first off the Rivera bandwagon. F this guy and he cronies.
Polian didn't bring in Luck, yes they went 2-14 in his last year. I am on the fence on this hire, but I don't quite know how Polian counts as a Rivera crony. I suppose he could be, but I don't see the crony pathway for this one?

Polian is Bill Polian's son= long time AFC Colts connections. Hurney NFC Panthers, Mayhew NFC Lions. Just seems to me he is bringing in people that have experience turning teams around with a star qb. I don't see a huge problem with that?
Old 02-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #250
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

As I have pointed out, I think all the people he has brought in; Mayhew, Hurney, now Polian, have 1 thing in common, they have worked with and brought in elite qb's. You are absolutely right that the wrong QB now sets us up for many more mediocre to bad seasons. For that reason alone, I like him bringing in these guys that clearly understand the value and quality that the qb position requires.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:24 PM   #251
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

As a fan of any team all you can do is hope for the best. Nobody is making us stay fans , and we have no control over who runs the team so why get all worked up over it? All that matters is Wins and Losses, I don’t give a shit if Trump runs the team
Old 02-15-2021, 05:26 PM   #252
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Mooby, I've been a fan since I moved to N VA in 1982, and played youth football for BYRC - on the fields next to where John Riggins' son played baseball. I've seen those teams you are talking about, "tough from the first minute of the first game to the last minute of the last one," and unfortunately they have been gone for a long time. There can't be too many professional franchises that has made it tougher on their fans, than this one for the last ~30 years.

I agree there's work to be done. There always is, and if the organization isn't constantly working long hard hours trying to improve every aspect of the team, then they are destined to fail. It appears, at least on the surface, that this is exactly what they are doing.

But RR and his "cronies" have their work cut out for them this offseason. Last year, despite all RR went through and the Alex Smith story, was as close to a "gimme" as you can get. If this team hadn't successfully drafted a D-lineman in the first round over the past four years the results would likely have been much different. However, the results were the results, and I am excited about them.

Confidence is one thing. This new front office & coaching staff has to earn my confidence. Benefit of the doubt is another thing though. I refuse to look at every success this team manages to achieve with pessimism. I am inspired, even excited, that they were the team to ultimately win the division, rather than finish 2-4. It's something to build on. There's plenty of talent on this team, young talent, and I believe there's more on the way. Hopefully that starts with a QB that can help this team take another step forward.

There have been many reasons to not root for this team over the years, plenty of reasons to not even become a fan of this team for many years going now. This offseason seems like an odd time to make that decision - as a fan.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #253
skinsfan69
Living Legend

if larry lockdown lets fans in next year what is played when the team scores a td? we have no more fight song. sad....
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:33 PM   #254
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

exactly how i feel. 7-9 w/ a weak schedule against a lot of bad Qb's.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #255
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
exactly how i feel. 7-9 w/ a weak schedule against a lot of bad Qb's.
I've been preaching that since the season ended. A bunch of things fell their way this season. So what? At least they took advantage and came out on top. It's more than we've seen in a while...

I choose to be excited about the team's successes when they happen, and I choose to be hopeful for the future after the last game of every season. That's just me. I'm not a fan of this team only when they are dominating the rest of the league from the first whistle to the last. If that were the case, I would have been gone long ago.