Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFC East: A two team race now?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
MTK
\m/

NFC East: A two team race now?

With the Cowboys apparently gearing up for 2005 and the Giants with a rookie QB, looks like the Skins and Eagles are best suited to make a serious run at the division title. What do you guys think?
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

still see the cowboys being tough and the giants still have enough talent that you can't sleep on them either. the nfc east is the best division in football once again and it will be hard for any team to get swept.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:53 PM   #3
skins009
Impact Rookie

THere's no reason right now to think that the skins are gonna be better then dallas or NY. We still failed to upgrade our biggest need from last year which is d-line. With that said I think its gonna be very competitive with no major talent gap between us cowboys and NY. Phil. of course will be the favorite. Gibbs is gonna have to work all his magic against them. I'm sure he can.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #4
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I still think its pretty wide open. I have a hard time putting NYG in the mix, but they still might hang around. I'm not gonna put Dallas down yet, because they went to the playoffs with the team they have now, and didnt really lose anyone, so they cant be that much worse off. Philly will be tough, as always. We did our annual shopping and upgrading , but theres a big difference ( coaching ) which makes me think we have a big shot to overtake philly for the title.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

I think we have just as good a chance as anyone in out division. I am not getting my hopes up-like in the past- we will see how for real we are in about the 6th to 7th week. I think Philly could be on the down slide though I could be wrong.

Last edited by Skins fan 44; 04-26-2004 at 09:30 AM.
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:52 PM   #6
Ghost
Special Teams

I think it's wide open too. Anything could happen at this point ... Eli could be awesome from the beginning and make the Giants the team to beat for all we know. I don't know what Parcells and Jones were thinking with their draft moves but I'm not going to underestimate them. Barring injury, the Eagles will be tough too.

I have to say I like the Redskins' chances though. We've got some brawlers on the OL to pave the way for Portis ... on D we have people like LaVar, Sean Taylor, Smoot and Gregg Williams. And we have Gibbs too. Even the Redskin-haters would have to admit we have a decent shot at winning the NFC East, which may again be the toughest division in the NFL.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:55 PM   #7
Carnage
Special Teams

I think the NFC east will once again be the best division in football.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 04:58 PM   #8
hi-jinx
Special Teams

We you think about all the new projected starters we have this year I really think we will need a year to gel. But I hope I am wrong.
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:53 PM   #9
beg8878
Special Teams

I agree with Hi-jinx, the talent is pretty mcuh there. just need to be "coached up" a bit and some chemistry to develop.

Playoffs this year.....next year sky is the limit
beg8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #10
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

I think the iggles are the team to beat, and the cowgirls and us will be fighting it out for the wildcard. The gints are rebuilding more than anyone else, and they've got a new staff, not to mention a new QB.

Never underestimate a Parcells team. I'm glad they've looked weak in the draft, but Parcells knows how to motivate players.

Rome wasn't built in a day. If we have meaningful games in December, I'll be pleased. A 9-7/10-6 wildcard would be an awesome year. After that, we'll be a force. SB in Gibbs 3rd year.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:22 PM   #11
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

I honestly think it's going to come down to us and the cowpies. They're bringing back the #1 defense plus they added a legitimate passrushing de in wiley. they do have a weakness at cornerback though. I think our defense is decent enough to not completely lose a game like recent years and our offense is gonna be on the field a lot so that will help keep the defense fresh and able to take managable risks. the eagles have no real running game, their lb core took a big loss with emmons, and they lost their 2 captains of the defense and best corners in vincent and taylor. the only player on their defense that worries me is dawkins. and the giants have no offensive line and a running back who fumbles more than his qb and with kerry collins as their qb(right now), that says a lot.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:49 PM   #12
mizzo skins man
Camp Scrub

I agree with you Carnage, The East will rise again to greatness. I think that this division will be a free for all. The N.F.C. East is by far the best coached division in football.

I hope the Skins tear em all up!!!!
mizzo skins man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #13
cpayne5
Playmaker

Collectively, the NFC East has one of the easiest set of schedules in the league, so it could very well be the 'best' division in football this year.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:20 PM   #14
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I miss the Cardinals! =(

Actually... they have Denny Green...
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #15
MTK
\m/

I just don't understand what the Cowboys are doing. They passed on guys like Jackson and Perry and went with Jones. Is Jones the 25 carry a game kinda guy that Parcells wants? I have a hard time saying he is.
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote