Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Winslow Threaten's Skin's!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-24-2004, 09:36 PM   #16
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

haha, its cool, he'll be a good player but already on day one his running his mouth. Im glad we took taylor and now cooley

Advertisements
Old 04-24-2004, 09:39 PM   #17
drew54
The Starter

I was almost sick when ESPN said we were 90% set on KWII. I didnt know if I was going to be able to eat my BBQ chicken.

Thank god we didnt select him. I cant wait for week four. My brother lives in Cleveland and we are trying to get tickets for that game. It should be a fun one.
drew54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #18
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Did anyone understand GibbssbbiG's post?

I can understand him being upset if we told him we were going to take him. I mean, I think he was probably excited and wanted to join a team where he knew he'd be critical to the system. I don't know about threatening, but I still would be disappointed to.

That's like going to a job interview and them saying the job is all but yours. Let us just terminate the current employee. Then they go around and hire your wife. (In this analogy Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow are married!)
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:48 PM   #19
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal
I tried. I really did. Just couldn't pull it off.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:17 PM   #20
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54
I was almost sick when ESPN said we were 90% set on KWII. I didnt know if I was going to be able to eat my BBQ chicken.

Thank god we didnt select him. I cant wait for week four. My brother lives in Cleveland and we are trying to get tickets for that game. It should be a fun one.
drew how was that chicken? lol
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #21
offiss

Quote:

I can understand him being upset if we told him we were going to take him. I mean, I think he was probably excited and wanted to join a team where he knew he'd be critical to the system. I don't know about threatening, but I still would be disappointed to.

That's like going to a job interview and them saying the job is all but yours. Let us just terminate the current employee. Then they go around and hire your wife. (In this analogy Sean Taylor and Kellen Winslow are married!)
It seem's to me he's a misunderstood genious, as genious alway's is. lol
Old 04-24-2004, 11:42 PM   #22
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I get his post. I think the confusion is in referring to Kellen as "Me-Kellen", an apparent reference to "Me-Shawn" which of course, is a play on the self-centered, arrogance of "Keyshawn"

But "Me-Shawn" and "Keyshawn" sounds similiar enough that it works. Valiant attempt though
Old 04-25-2004, 12:18 AM   #23
beg8878
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
I get his post. I think the confusion is in referring to Kellen as "Me-Kellen", an apparent reference to "Me-Shawn" which of course, is a play on the self-centered, arrogance of "Keyshawn"

But "Me-Shawn" and "Keyshawn" sounds similiar enough that it works. Valiant attempt though
Deep.....

too deep for me
beg8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 12:20 AM   #24
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by beg8878
Deep.....

too deep for me
yeah well, I've had a few drinks tonight....just thinking 4th-dimensionally ya know
Old 04-25-2004, 02:13 AM   #25
GibbssbbiG
Camp Scrub

Red face I apologize for my puzzling post.

__________ smootsmack many thanks for trying to clear up my confusing post (#15).

smootsmack, U were right. --- me_kellen is to symbolize -- how KW2 is such an egotistical loser.
I have edited my confusing post. --- Please let me know if it is still confusing.

GibbssbbiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:30 AM   #26
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Maybe it's me, but I don't see the totally selfish attitude. He was upset because he didn't get a job he felt he was promised. I don't see that as selfish. Hell, if I got drafted to the Browns I'd damn near be contemplating suicide right now!

I'm glad we got Taylor, but I can see his gripe.
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:41 AM   #27
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

he has himself to blame because he knew of the very rocky relationship between the Potsons' and the Redskins and signed with them anyways. he knew how highly he was being coveted by Gibbs and practically threw that away so I know I personally can't wait to see Arrington, Barrow, Washington, Bowen, and Taylor pound his spoiled ass into the ground. and this is coming from a guy who was heavily in favor of drafting winslow for most of this spring.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:50 AM   #28
offiss

Quote:
Maybe it's me, but I don't see the totally selfish attitude. He was upset because he didn't get a job he felt he was promised. I don't see that as selfish. Hell, if I got drafted to the Browns I'd damn near be contemplating suicide right now!

I'm glad we got Taylor, but I can see his gripe.
He can take his gripe and go pound salt, he has nothing to say, I do not believe anything was promised, he initially contradicted himself when he went off about it, essentially saying that when something is promised, but he kind of backed off that and started saying, when someone look's you in the face and tell's you if your still avail. we will do our best [ or along those lines ] to take you, there is a big difference between promising to take someone, and saying you will try to take someone, he's the one who hired the poston's, as well as Gibb's said during the week that he is really cautious about drafting someone who is a potential holdout and a real problem to sign, with all that said he never called the redskin's to say if you take me we will be in camp on time and have a reasonable number in place, I think all his barking is about drawing more attention to himself, which is why most here didn't want him to begin with, so he has only himself to blame, I believe if he was upfront and a good guy he would be a skin today, even though I think we made the right choice regardless. WINSLOWSER!

Last edited by offiss; 04-25-2004 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:08 PM   #29
Carnage
Special Teams

I can't wait for Arrington and Taylor to sandwich Winslow.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #30
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Also, how must the Cleveland folks feel? They just traded up to get KW II, and all he can do is bitch about how he wanted to be in DC, they promised, blah-blah-blah. I'd probably be pretty uneasy about how happy junior is going to be with the Browns.

I actually voted for KW II pre-draft. Man, am I glad we didn't take him now.