What happens in Vegas....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-03-2021, 08:59 PM   #1
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: What happens in Vegas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Wonder what the plan is for pressuring Carr. I feel like if you rush four and play zone he will pick you apart, but it doesn't appear to be a good idea to blitz him much either...

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/202...ards-vs-blitz/
His O-line is not that good, Alex Leatherwood is the holding king.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
His O-line is not that good, Alex Leatherwood is the holding king.
Not like they'll call it when it's us 😅😅😅😅
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #3
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Man, we win a few tight games against shit competition and suddenly were world beaters round here.

Yall MF's ALL got Stockholm Syndrome.

We ain't beating the Raiders, we ain't beating Dallas twice, we ain't beating Philly twice. None of those things are happening.

Were not a playoff contender. Tired of hearing we have the last playoff spot. Does the season end today? No?

Then that dont mean shit.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:57 AM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGisLordOfTheRings View Post
Man, we win a few tight games against shit competition and suddenly were world beaters round here.

We ain't beating the Raiders, we ain't beating Dallas twice, we ain't beating Philly twice. None of those things are happening.

Were not a playoff contender. Tired of hearing we have the last playoff spot. Does the season end today? No?

👎👎Not sure I would call the SB champs shit competition.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:22 AM   #5
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not sure I would call the SB champs shit competition.
Uh huh. Yall tell yourself whatever you want.

We are trash, we are not winning out, were not going to the playoffs.

TB had a bad game and that makes us contenders? FOH.

Yall worse than the Cowboys SB every year guys. Ugh.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Not sure I would call the SB champs shit competition.
I would and I just did.

TB is miles away from what they were last year. They played a bad away game against a team off bye.

Read I to it what yall want but we are NOT a good team. Period.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:32 AM   #7
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
I would and I just did.

TB is miles away from what they were last year. They played a bad away game against a team off bye.

I think this game will say a lot about what type of team this is. The last few games could all be illusions and you would be shown correct, or the team has found some cohesiveness and strength in a league that only has a few top tier teams.

None of our remaining opponents are top tier, unless we find a way into the playoffs. For this week, at least, I prefer to think the team is grinding it's way into a solid contender.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 10:43 AM   #8
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think this game will say a lot about what type of team this is. The last few games could all be illusions and you would be shown correct, or the team has found some cohesiveness and strength in a league that only has a few top tier teams.

None of our remaining opponents are top tier, unless we find a way into the playoffs. For this week, at least, I prefer to think the team is grinding it's way into a solid contender.

Hoping for something is one thing but all the cats here talking crazy gets on my nerves to no end.

That's why we cant have any meaningful change. We are a shit team, got drummes to start the season and got exposed. Now that injuries have hit some teams, we all of a sudden world beaters with a solid roster and HOF level coaching staff?

F
O
H

We do the same shit every goddam year.

Start 2-7, win a few games in the middle, crap the bed down the stretch enough to hit 7-9 8-8 letting delusional fans think were a few pieces from being good.

We suck.

We have sucked for 20 year and will suck for the next 20.

Is Dan Snyder still here?

That's the only question that decides whether we are a good team or not.
Old 12-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #9
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I would and I just did.

I like the energy. We always need a good heel around here - it sparks good discussion.

I'm not delusional, don't think this is the start of some magical run and I'm still nervous every time I see Heinicke drop back. But only time will tell if it means something or if it's a brief respite from our long term brand of mediocre football.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:00 AM   #10
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:

You think TB is shit competition?

The team has put together excellent drives and games. There seems to be a cohesiveness that wasn't there early. Finally getting more from LT and anything from Curtis Samuel will be huge for an offense that has shown the ability to move the ball.

Did you see Dallas Thursday against shit competition? They ain't what there record implies.

Did you see the Philli v NYG game neither of those teams were lights out either.

At this point in the season it's always about which team has the heart and will to eke out those December wins. I choose to think WFT has shown that type of moxie the last few weeks and can keep showing it.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #11
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:

I don't see anyone calling this team world beaters. What I see is acknowledgement that the team is improving, which didn't look likely early in the season. You can hate or be pessimistic all you want, but they are on a three-game winning streak, which has only happened eight times in the last 20 years...

It's ok to acknowledge improvement, and hope that it is a sign that things are turning around. Maybe they are turning a corner, and maybe they aren't. Maybe the injuries will derail the streak, or maybe they just aren't as good as they have looked recently. Every week is going to give us more of a glimpse of what this team is made of, but you can't say this team isn't a playoff contender when they are currently in a playoff spot. No the season doesn't end today, but playoff contention actually means that a team still has a chance to make it to the playoffs - and they do.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #12
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't see anyone calling this team world beaters. What I see is acknowledgement that the team is improving, which didn't look likely early in the season. You can hate or be pessimistic all you want, but they are on a three-game winning streak, which has only happened eight times in the last 20 years...

It's ok to acknowledge improvement, and hope that it is a sign that things are turning around. Maybe they are turning a corner, and maybe they aren't. Maybe the injuries will derail the streak, or maybe they just aren't as good as they have looked recently. Every week is going to give us more of a glimpse of what this team is made of, but you can't say this team isn't a playoff contender when they are currently in a playoff spot. No the season doesn't end today, but playoff contention actually means that a team still has a chance to make it to the playoffs - and they do.

Exactly. We all know I was leading the hate movement earlier. But there was reason to. This is an awkward time to be upset about this franchise. I mean three games doesn’t erase 30 years, but hell if i think they are starting to dig their way out Im gonna stfu and pray. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:54 AM   #13
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I doubt we win this game. Too many injuries, also traveling across county on a short week. I think not having McKissic is going to hurt.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #14
mike340
Special Teams

I think we're showing real progress, although our offense has been weakening a bit.
Starting with Green Bay
Green Bay: 0 punts, no placekicker, playcalling as though we needed TDs not field goals
Denver: 1 punt, no placekicker
TB: 2 punts
Carolina: 3 punts
Seattle: 5 punts (one less than the 4 prior games combined)
And this is all happening without having an exceptional number of turnovers.

THs interceptions during these 5 games?
A hail mary with 2 seconds left in the half, a pass on 4th down on what it appeared would be our last time touching the ball (defense got it back with a strip), and a forced throw on 3rd and long down by 17 with 6 minutes left. I like the fact that we have a QB who puts more importance on winning than he does in his stats. (Also, there was a game where TH started 15 of 17? The other two were drops. So his first 17 passes hit his receivers in the hands.) He's also adapted to his new strength (remember his off-season conditioning program), or do you see him overshooting receivers a lot in the middle?

Also we could have won them all if we had a placekicker for all the games.
(I should also mention that in the 2 games we lost, our average possession yielded a drive was over 50 yards.)

Something huge is that they are playing as a unit, i.e. nobody feels like they have to do more than their job. This is keeping everybody on their assignments, resulting in far better team play.

On the other hand, while getting Logan Thomas back is huge (especially for our red zone offense), our injuries for this game are major and may cause some of the players to try to play more than their position, resulting in a lack of cohesiveness.
I also hope our placekicker is adequate.
mike340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:09 PM   #15
PorkSkins
Playmaker

PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote