Fantasy Tips

Fantasy Football

Old 12-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #316
mredskins
MVP

Re: Fantasy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Yeah, first time around for me. Even though I'm in spot 5, so no playoffs, still playin it. Really really a back and forth weekend. At the end of the 1 o'clock games, I had JC, Janikowski and Chicago's D, He had Aaron Hernandez and was up by I think 10, after Oakland played, I was up by a little, and thinking I should be good unless Hernandez has a big game. One game and 15.88 points later, I need Chicago's D to get more than 9.25 points, and they give up a TD on the first drive, arrgh. then they got sacks/to's and were up to 10pts, and Webb runs in for a TD(really Chicago?!?).

I ended up winning by 6, BUT it was a real good back and forth game!

(Now I face the guy who has beat me twice, my first game ever he creamed me by 60+ points, and the rematch he eeked out a win by .32 in the last 2 minutes of the philly chicago game)

It's been fun!

Question though, it seems like the playoffs are a bit odd. I was talking to a friend, and thought about some sort of playoff draft, where the players who are on teams that are completely out of it can be redrafted by the teams in contention based on end of regular season. So in my league, VJax is on a team that is out, so if a "playoff draft" were held, the #1 seeded team would have a chance to pick him up. Also seems like you could have a way to make up in case you have a superstar who is being rested.

Just curious.

No way! You got make with who you got. My team is finally getting healthy but I had 6 losses this year becasue I held on to them in order to make my playoff push; now I am in the SB.

I just have to say Witten has been such money the past few weeks.

Advertisements
Old 12-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #317
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Alrighty, should I roll with the mighty Sex Cannon on my teams with Aaron Rodgers? After all A-rod is coming back from a concussion and has a less-than-favorable matchup.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #318
scowan
The Starter

I'm in my SB this week with Brady, Woodhead, Green-Ellis, Austin, Turner, Tamme, Torain, Suisham and the Pats D. My opponent has a great team with guys like Peyton Hillis, McCoy, Mendenhall, Lloyd, and the very scary Michael Vick. If that guy puts a 40pt on me I'm sunk. He is the Michael Jordan of the NFL and this week he gets the lowly Vikings at home. I'm predicting a SB blowout in my league. I was runner up last year and probably will be this year. My team name next year will be the Buffalo Bills, always there but never can win.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #319
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Scowan, I am in a similar kind of situation. Really made some great FA moves to get a nice win streak at the end of the year. However, Vick is the player keeping me in contention. I go, as Vick goes. Recently I have been quite well.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #320
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
Alrighty, should I roll with the mighty Sex Cannon on my teams with Aaron Rodgers? After all A-rod is coming back from a concussion and has a less-than-favorable matchup.
Tough call to sit Rodgers, especially for Wrecks Grossman. Just remember Kolb, who came back from concussion, only to be knocked out rather quickly with a second.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #321
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Tough call to sit Rodgers, especially for Wrecks Grossman. Just remember Kolb, who came back from concussion, only to be knocked out rather quickly with a second.

x2 Austin Collie.

The Grossman match is not bad as the Jags are ranked 27th against defending the pass and he did well shredding the 28th team against defending the pass last week.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #322
scowan
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Scowan, I am in a similar kind of situation. Really made some great FA moves to get a nice win streak at the end of the year. However, Vick is the player keeping me in contention. I go, as Vick goes. Recently I have been quite well.
Our league scoring is 4pts for passing TD, 20yards passing =1 pt and the rushing is the standard 1pt for 10 yrds, and 6pts for rushing TD. Vick is averaging 28-30 a week the last 4 weeks. Its almost like having an extra player, or 2. In our league a 10 pts week per players is good and 15-20 per QB is normal. Vick is breaking the norm consistantly.
Nothing against you hooskin, but I need Vick to be below average this week. Come on McCoy, run that thing in.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #323
SkinzWin
Playmaker

I need help guys. I am in the championship game in my league and I have 4 good WR and only three spots. I have to choose from:

Roddy White
Jeremy Maclin
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson

Also I have to pick from Colt McCoy or Sexy Rexy. But I think I'm going to go with Rexy. Help me with your thoughts guys!
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #324
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I need help guys. I am in the championship game in my league and I have 4 good WR and only three spots. I have to choose from:

Roddy White
Jeremy Maclin
Marques Colston
Vincent Jackson

Also I have to pick from Colt McCoy or Sexy Rexy. But I think I'm going to go with Rexy. Help me with your thoughts guys!
I would roll with Colston because Atlanta doesn't have a great secondary and the Saints have an offense that's clicking. I think he would easily have 8-13 points for sure.
The other ones are pretty damn tough to choose from.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:14 PM   #325
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirClintonPortis View Post
I would roll with Colston because Atlanta doesn't have a great secondary and the Saints have an offense that's clicking. I think he would easily have 8-13 points for sure.
The other ones are pretty damn tough to choose from.
Right now I have Maclin sitting...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 12-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #326
mredskins
MVP

How did folks Super Bowls pan out?

I won 122 to 89; I still have Vick going Tues night but the other guy has used everyone.

CJ got me a big 5 points and Tolbert comes in for one play and gives me -2. Forte, Packers D and B. Marshall won it for me in the end.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #327
SkinzWin
Playmaker

I am down 104 to 135 right now. I still have Roddy White and Marques Colston left. He has ATL kicker and Deshawn Jackson. Not looking so well for me. I should have played Jeremy Maclin over Vincent Jackson. Probably still wouldn't have helped. He had Arizona defense which got him like 23 points. Makes me sick.

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #328
MTK
\m/

I've got a 30 point lead right now with Lance Moore going tonight, but he has Vick and Akers on Tues night. I need Moore to put up a nice game tonight to pad that lead. 30 points sounds like a lot but this league is on a crazy amped up points system.

Cooley really F'd me by dropping that TD, and Cassel blew up while Rivers picked the worst time to have a ho-hum game.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #329
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I am down 104 to 135 right now. I still have Roddy White and Marques Colston left. He has ATL kicker and Deshawn Jackson. Not looking so well for me. I should have played Jeremy Maclin over Vincent Jackson. Probably still wouldn't have helped. He had Arizona defense which got him like 23 points. Makes me sick.

That make me throw up becasue first off he should have never started AZ (one of the worst defenses) against Cowboys (fairly hot Offense) and then to still start them and they score 23 points, ugh! That is like betting on Shaq to hit two free throws in a row and winning the bet.

What makes me even more mad is when someone like that pulls something out of their butt and then proceeds to announce they are a Fantasy expert.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #330
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Those ****ing "experts" choosing Brees over Rodgers in the offseason etc can all eat their shit once again as he CHOKED laughably again in the fantasy playoffs. LOL he couldn't crack 14 in with Yahoo's default scoring system. I didn't start Rodgers this week, but I sure had him on most of my teams.