Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Maryland Terps Basketball

Other Sports

Old 01-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Your 2014-2015 Maryland Terps Basketball

Jim Larranaga of Miami Hurricanes reaches out to dying former Hurricanes player - ESPN

Coach L showing y he is class act. Sux he left mason, but glad he has turned that program around

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #17
over the mountain
Playmaker

Maryland Terrapins vs. Indiana Hoosiers - Recap - January 22, 2015 - ESPN

Hoosiers hit 15-22 for 3s. fifteen of twenty-two. unheard of. terps were holding opponents to under 30% before last night.

Terps continue to play inconsistent. I am wondering if it isnt so much inconsistency as much as they are just a good not great team at this point.

Wells is odd to me. He has all the looks of an elite scorer and baller but will routinely not finish plays. He does a great job driving the lane but will miss the floater or driving the lane to collapse the D but then throw the kick-out pass out of bounds ... he has the athleticism to get himself into good positions but doesnt have the talent to finish as much as he should.

Hoosier fans certainly enjoyed the terps loss more than the hoosiers win. If the terps beat them at college park, I dont want to hear any uppity hoosier fans talking about gamemanship or act like youve been there crap.
Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #18
over the mountain
Playmaker

Northwestern Wildcats vs. Maryland Terrapins - Recap - January 25, 2015 - ESPN

this terp team is just a notch below being a great team. they are what they are at this point. turgeon is not getting the most out of his guys, so frustrating.

where is Dodd? where is our interior D? guys are getting beat off the dribble then there is no one to meet them in the paint.

down by 11 with 4 mins to play, they showed a lot of pride fighting back for the win.

thank goodness turgeon finally put pressure on an inferior opponent to wake his team up. if he had gone to full court press or even a half court trap against Illini we would have won that game.

teams are starting to light it up on the perimeter.

defending high screens - our bigs do a great job jumping out on switchs. i think we run into problems when 2 gaurds have to switch bc of a screen. it seems a guard will take a lazy and wide outside route of the screener leaving the shooter with plenty of room bc the other defender already has switched back to his guy .. but the other terp is not back on his manyet bc he is taking the long route .... take the inside route on screens, force refs to make a call. nickels was horrible last night on perimeter D.

wells made a big time play last night. thank goodness he was able to finish the play.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #19
over the mountain
Playmaker

terps v ohio state at 7 tonight on ESPN.

i think ohio state is just outside the 25. they have a very good record for being unranked.

really hope the terps dont fall behind early. it makes watching the rest of the game nerve racking.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:47 AM   #20
over the mountain
Playmaker

Maryland Terrapins vs. Ohio State Buckeyes - Recap - January 29, 2015 - ESPN

ive seen this movie about 8 times now. Terps play an inferior opponent, come out slow and missing decent looks, inferior team makes a few buckets and builds lead, terps make some runs but never finish the job, inferior team pulls away in 2nd half.

turgeon didnt run any pressure D. He needs to speed his players up, get some defensive intensity going and get his players back into the game. His players are not motivated. they come out flat.

He cant wait until he is down before calling full court and half court presses. if we start slow, he needs to call them to get guys going by calling pressure D in the 1st half.

with a few mins left in a blow out, absolutely no need for that terp practice squad player running onto the court and 2 hand pushing that buckeye player in his face. Yes, players were chest bumping and jawing and it was a disappointing game .. i expect he gets suspended for the year.

silver lining - the team has talent and all the pieces, they still have a lot of time to gel and get things right. You want to peak nearing the tourney, not necessarily now.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What a choke job by UVA vs Duke Saturday night. blew an 8 point lead last 3 minutes of the game

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
over the mountain
Playmaker

terps v penn state at 8 pm on the big ten network.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #23
over the mountain
Playmaker

Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Maryland Terrapins - Recap - February 04, 2015 - ESPN

terps squeek by lowly Penn State at home 64-58.

in games past, the terps would get good looks but they just wouldnt fall. tonight they were actually falling for the most part, they played with energy and focus .. and they still just barely got by a poor team.

fringe 25 team. no low post presence. Dodd is non-existent and just has horrible luck. Cheovsky didnt even log a min last night. Layman was playing the 4 ....
Old 02-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #24
over the mountain
Playmaker

Maryland Terrapins vs. Iowa Hawkeyes - Recap - February 08, 2015 - ESPN

groundhog day.

inferior opponent builds a double digit lead in the first 10 mins, terps play behind, turgeon calls for press D in 2nd half when it is too late which helps cuts lead but terps dont close gap.

turgeon needs to play his two 7 footers, regardless.

Dodd played a few mins, i dont even think chevosky played a minute.

this team is horrible at half court offense. i just dont get it. beginning of the season they were driving and kicking to open 3 pointers or dishing to big men in the post.

turgeon needs to call timeouts sooner bc "letting the players play though it" means the deficit goes from 8 to 18.

turgeon needs to call press defense A LOT MORE. why cant he see that his team plays flat and they cant produce on half court sets .... so press with your superior athleticism, create havoc, create fast play, get all players involved, wear out the opposing team and use our depth.

if he takes dodd out after the opening tip and uses layman or smotryz as our center i will turn the TV off. our strength entering this season was size and depth. rotate the two 7 footers. layman cant defend in the low block, why are we using our players out of place?
playing set basketball is not working for us.

mind boggling coaching right now. he doesnt trust the centers, but you cant just go small for 38 mins.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:01 PM   #25
over the mountain
Playmaker

what another disappointing loss.

terps come out slow, miss shots, turn ball over, hoosiers build double digit lead in first 10 mins and coasts to a relatively easy victory.

terps v hoosiers, tonight at 9 pm
------------------------------------

Indiana Hoosiers vs. Maryland Terrapins - Recap - February 11, 2015 - ESPN

so glad I was wrong. terps played pretty well overall. they made some shots early, actaully got shot attempts off and didnt turn the ball over or commit an offensive foul .. Dodd played more tha just the first min andhe responded with low post D that the terps have been sorely lacking. he still cant be productive on the offensive end in the paint though.

melo was back to being melo.

a really fun game to watch. terps probably should have lost though with yogi just missing a go-ahead 3.

terps are 6-0 in games decided by 6 pts or less. expect the law of averages to bring that down.

Last edited by over the mountain; 02-12-2015 at 02:23 PM.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 11:35 AM   #26
over the mountain
Playmaker

Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Maryland Terrapins - Recap - February 19, 2015 - ESPN

The terps pulled away a little bit at the end and the huskers made 3 3 pointers in the last min or so to make the score seem a little closer. the terps were down for a little bit in the 2nd half.

every big 10 team seems to play hard against the terps. these teams seem to make more 3s and get bounces.

our centers were non-existent again. Dodd, graham just fumble the ball down low too often to be reliable looks.

this team will not go far in the tourney without a paint presence.

we lose wells next year which will suck.

trimble-nickens-wiley-layman-dodd-chevosky next year.

we have no recruits coming in next year in the top 100. we do have an offer to undeclared 6'10" center Stone who is ranked no. 7 overall. looks like it is btw us and Wisconsin and he is from wisconsin and wisconsin in a top 5 team right now.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:23 PM   #27
over the mountain
Playmaker

Wisconsin Badgers vs. Maryland Terrapins - Recap - February 24, 2015 - ESPN

the terps played well in the win.

court storming was kinda unjustified but its been a long time since we had this kinda of national recognition.

if you are a fringe terps fan and stopped paying attention over the past bad years, give these kids a watch.
Old 03-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #28
over the mountain
Playmaker

i give up.

no one cares to talk about top 10 ranked Terps or the Manny v money fight.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #29
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
i give up.

no one cares to talk about top 10 ranked Terps or the Manny v money fight.
I will I will! (Talk about Terps).
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:52 PM   #30
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I will I will! (Talk about Terps).
it should be a really exciting month with the big 10 tourney then march madness. it feels like forever since i was excited about terps bball. it was so frustrating watching the terrell stooglin or nick fausts of the world just folding like lawn chairs.

side note - i think terrell stoglin scored 100 points or something ridiculous in a chinese league game a few weeks ago.