Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

New coaches who?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 PM   #136
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Re: New coaches who?

Gruden's problems in Tampa began when all of his star players got old at the same time. That's why Tampa is so deplorable now. Couple that with Bruce Allen's lackluster draft picks and personal acquisitions and you have a man made disaster. Gruden wasn't the problem in Tampa.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #137
Kalisto2010
Special Teams

Our biggest problem is offense, which is Tony Dungy's achilles heel. If our offense played like the Houston Texans I'd say bring in Dungy. For our problems Holmgren, Gruden, or Grimm would be the best choice.
Kalisto2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #138
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalisto2010 View Post
Gruden's problems in Tampa began when all of his star players got old at the same time. That's why Tampa is so deplorable now. Couple that with Bruce Allen's lackluster draft picks and personal acquisitions and you have a man made disaster. Gruden wasn't the problem in Tampa.
Gruden wasn't the Answer either. Here's his coaching stats, pretty pedestrian when you take out the TB SB win (Dungy's team).

Jon Gruden Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm not saying Gruden is a terrible coach, but he's not a miracle worker either. The organization needs to take this year, struggle through a poor season and evaluate everyone and everything it does. This starts by hiring a solid GM.

That being said, from the articles about Chucky coming here it doesn't appear Snyderatto is bringing in a GM.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote