Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

New coaches who?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #61
GusFrerotte

Re: New coaches who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I'm sure Snyder has already spoken to a potential coach.

I am sure of that also. Wasn't it rumored after Gibbs quit that Cowher just wanted to wait a year or two til he got back in the game? Shanny probably was spoken to often during the Cutler drama. I am just saying wait til the end of the season to cut Zorn. Who knows, maybe he can turn it around. I highly doubt it, but you never know. Too much football to be played in the guy's sophmore season as HC.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #62
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I haven't given up on Zorn, it takes 3 years to put a new offense in place.
I would agree with you except it's taken Atlanta, Baltimore, New Jersey, and Detroit 1 year. Why does it always take the Skins longer?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #63
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I would agree with you except it's taken Atlanta, Baltimore, New Jersey, and Detroit 1 year. Why does it always take the Skins longer?
Do you really think Detroit has turned it around? I mean they played us well, but I think they go back to losing.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #64
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Do you really think Detroit has turned it around? I mean they played us well, but I think they go back to losing.
Well they have won more then they did last yr. They don't look like a SB team but their offense looked better then ours. It moved the ball the whole first half. Their long ball looked good and accurate. Our QB found a way to throw to short or to long.

Today our QB looked like the Rookie. If they play the likes of the rest of the NFCE then no they will lose some but give them the Rams, KC, Browns, and they might win.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #65
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
Cowher
Shanahan
Kaiser Soze'
Barney
Nobody can find him.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #66
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Well they have won more then they did last yr. They don't look like a SB team but their offense looked better then ours. It moved the ball the whole first half. Their long ball looked good and accurate. Our QB found a way to throw to short or to long.

Today our QB looked like the Rookie. If they play the likes of the rest of the NFCE then no they will lose some but give them the Rams, KC, Browns, and they might win.
Man our whole team played like a bunch of rookies. Although given Stafford's play it would be a compliment.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #67
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

If we get anyone we better get Cowher or Chuckie. We need a hard nosed coach. Dont think we have had one since who knows. Perfect example. Coughlin. When he first came to the Giants they were pouting like lil biotches. But they needed that discipline. The same is needed here. We got a punch of prima donnas and divas. The Giants hated Coughlin at first. Tiki Barber cried and some of the other vets. But what happened. He took them to the Sueprbowl and they have looked pretty good ever since. The players run this team not the coach and when that happens there is turmoil. Ponder that!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #68
dmvskinzfan08
Impact Rookie

Quote:
What do their coaches have in common? These are all hard nosed if you dont like it kiss my ass type coaches. They dont take crap. We dont need a zen like Phil Jackson type coach or a offensive guru with no passion. We need someone who will tell it like it is and tell a player he is playing like crap and call them out. If the players dont liek it they can leave. This will weed out the soft ones. because they can't handle the pressure of a coach that pulls no cards and is tough!!
HTTR 09 - RIP#21
HATERS << Misery Loves Company
dmvskinzfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #69
ChickenMonkey
Special Teams

Gruden would be the best option, he'd come in with a great offensive scheme, bench Campbell right away for Toss Collins(hes s fan of the vet QB) Chucky is also exceptional at building an offensive line and drafting talent
ChickenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #70
jsarno
Franchise Player

If we got Dungy, I'd seriously shit a solid gold brick! I'd absoutely LOVE to have him, and we would be BLESSED to have him!
After him, I wouldn't mind getting Cowher, and we could use Gruden's intensity.

FIRE ZORN
Old 09-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #71
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

F that. Fire VC and bring in a Personnel Manager.

Please for the love of god.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #72
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Do you think DS is smiling in his bed tonight? Thinking ...I wanted Fassel and the fans didn't. ....I tried to get Fassel a second time and the fans didn't want him, I'll give Zorn till the break and by then the fans will want Fassel.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 AM   #73
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Do you think DS is smiling in his bed tonight? Thinking ...I wanted Fassel and the fans didn't. ....I tried to get Fassel a second time and the fans didn't want him, I'll give Zorn till the break and by then the fans will want Fassel.
There is no positive way to spin this as Dan Snyder. If he wanted him so bad why didn't get secure him? Also Fassel would still have to be dealing with the same patch-work coaching staff as Zorn would have. That situation is not going to be successful for any coach.

I don't know if this is new to DS or anyone else but, it is customary that when you hire a head coach for your team, you allow him to fill out his own coaching ranks...strange, I know but that is traditionally how it's done.

At the end of the day if DS wants to continue playing fantasy football owner it going to be obvious to fans as to who is responsible.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:31 AM   #74
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

seriously...a new defense...don't you guys feel like our opposing teams just convert 3rd downs no matter WHAT the yardage is? god it is so f'n frustrating to watch. Like, we'll see 2 semi decent plays then on third down somebody will just get torched...I can't stand it. What bothers me the most is that they look like they don't even care. It drives me insane as a guy who f'n hates losing. And when I see those guys that don't care it just makes me hate them even more. We need to package Campbell and Portis for draft picks and just reload the OLine, that's our only shot. Draft Javhid Best and load up on the line.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #75
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green1 View Post
If Zorn is fired who would you get to replace him? He are my top guys: Cowher, Holmgren, Marriucci, Gruden, Mike Shanahan, Tony Dungy.
I'm not ready for a coaching change. Neither one of those coaches could come in and take this team to the Superbowl any faster than Zorn will. I definitely understand everyone's frustration, hell I'm very frustrated. I wouldn't let myself believe that the Redskins would actually lose that game last night and it still hasn't really sunk in...

The point I wanted to make is, you don't hire a head coach and expect everything to just meld immediately, and have chemistry right away, and be a perennial playoff contender from the get go. I know that is what all of us want, but none of those coaches you mentioned took their team to the Superbowl in their first two seasons. Most it took 5-6 or more.

With all the changes to schemes and philosophies, it's no wonder this team is still sort of lost and trying to find itself and establish an identity.

Hey, I'm not happy with the results so far. BUT, I do know that this team took the Giants to the wire on the road in game one. I know the offense is moving the ball down the field with regularity. I also know there have been a lot of mistakes, some poor execution at times, and yes, even a bad play call here and there (although hindsight is always 20/20). All signs of a team struggling to find itself. I think it will happen. I think they'll find themselves and get into a groove soon. It is three games down, thirteen to go. I'm not going to give up yet and start calling for heads, and I'm not going to boo next time they lose, or don't perform as good as I expected either. I'm just going to watch and cheer them on, and hope they turn this thing around starting with the Buccaneers.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote