Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Age: 38
Posts: 11,942
Washington Football Team Defense 2021

It looks like in base defense, Bostic will get another year as starting MLB. I'm penciling in Benjamin St-Juste as a starter in nickel defense.

My predictions:

Base 4-3 Lineup:

CB: Fuller
FS: Reaves
SS: Curl
CB: Jackson
WLB: Davis
MLB: Bostic
SLB: Holcomb
DE: Young
DT: Allen
DT: Payne
DE: Sweat

Nickel 4-3 Lineup:

CB: St-Juste
SLOT CB: Fuller
FS: Reaves
SS: Curl
CB: Jackson
WLB: Davis
MLB: Holcomb
DE: Young
DT: Allen
DT: Payne
DE: Sweat

If Juste can play and Reaves can extend his solid play, this defense should be real real fun.

This should be a damn good group. Hopefully we can still add 1 or 2 more vets for depth.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #2
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 48
Posts: 96,440
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Defense better be ready to bring it because the schedule doesn't look fun. As good as they were last year at times they still have room to take a big step forward.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:49 PM   #3
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 1,402
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

JDR is saying Collins is back at SS, assuming he's 100% recovered.

I'd be interested to see if Moreland can step up or if he's always going to be a #4 CB (not a bad thing as such). He showed promise in his 1st season but seems to have plateaued.
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:40 PM   #4
clarencebrice
Camp Scrub
 
clarencebrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Age: 51
Posts: 2
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
JDR is saying Collins is back at SS, assuming he's 100% recovered.



I'd be interested to see if Moreland can step up or if he's always going to be a #4 CB (not a bad thing as such). He showed promise in his 1st season but seems to have plateaued.
I think Moreland would be a good nickel or dime guy to cover the slot receivers.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
clarencebrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:07 PM   #5
HTTR
Special Teams
 
HTTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 323
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarencebrice View Post
I think Moreland would be a good nickel or dime guy to cover the slot receivers.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Watched the replay of the Steelers first loss the other night and was reminded how good Moreland was in that game. His ball instincts, quick reaction, and happy-to-hit are there. I hope he sticks in his slot role — not bad for a 7th rounder.
__________________
____________________________________________
"There's the snap, hand to Riggins . . . he's gone, he's gone!"
HTTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:49 PM   #6
clarencebrice
Camp Scrub
 
clarencebrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Age: 51
Posts: 2
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
Watched the replay of the Steelers first loss the other night and was reminded how good Moreland was in that game. His ball instincts, quick reaction, and happy-to-hit are there. I hope he sticks in his slot role — not bad for a 7th rounder.


Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
clarencebrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:20 PM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,120
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
JDR is saying Collins is back at SS, assuming he's 100% recovered.

I'd be interested to see if Moreland can step up or if he's always going to be a #4 CB (not a bad thing as such). He showed promise in his 1st season but seems to have plateaued.
IDK why. Makes no sense to keep him on the team at this point. He couldn't run before he got hurt.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 02:59 PM   #8
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 28,836
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Listened to the Keim interview with Ben St-Juste. Wow…smart dude, really impressive. Think he can make an impact. Seems super poised and driven
__________________
2020 NFC East Champions

Let’s go Brandon!
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:54 PM   #9
mooby
liberal snowflake
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Age: 33
Posts: 18,367
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Listened to the Keim interview with Ben St-Juste. Wow…smart dude, really impressive. Think he can make an impact. Seems super poised and driven
And this is how it starts.

Now everybody gonna be watching St-Juste in the preseason and shitting on him when he inevitably has growing pains.

Also Kam Curl being benched - man I respect Collins as a leader and I'm sure he earned that C on his patch - but also feel they should've moved on from him this offseason.
__________________
Hail to the Football Team
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #10
SunnySide
Playmaker
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,735
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Secondary should feature some inter changeable pieces with Collins-Curl-Fuller.

I dont think Reaves or St Juste start week 1 but Im sure with injuries they will get starts by seasons end.
SunnySide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 02:44 PM   #11
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville KY
Posts: 420
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

I think the dude we just signed from Miami will beat out Reaves for FS.

And most likely, Collins plays ahead of Curl.

But either way, I like this D. A lot.

We should be in every game we play.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 3,226
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

I think the D takes a step back this year - not because they won't be better, because I think they will be - but due to the competition they will face. They likely won't be facing as many 2nd and 3rd string QBs as they did last year, and the schedule is full of really good number 1s.

The offense is going to have to take a couple steps forward for this team to repeat in the NFCE.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:18 PM   #13
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 322
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I think the D takes a step back this year - not because they won't be better, because I think they will be - but due to the competition they will face. They likely won't be facing as many 2nd and 3rd string QBs as they did last year, and the schedule is full of really good number 1s.

The offense is going to have to take a couple steps forward for this team to repeat in the NFCE.
So exactly how many 2nd and 3rd stringers did we actually play against last year? Fields and the guy for the 49ers. Sorry, I don’t count Dalton with him being a 10 year vet. Had a couple games where backups came in due to injury, but that happened to us too. Sorry guys, that argument doesn’t hold water to me. Our defense was pretty good. It’s ok to say it.
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:28 PM   #14
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 15,120
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
So exactly how many 2nd and 3rd stringers did we actually play against last year? Fields and the guy for the 49ers. Sorry, I don’t count Dalton with him being a 10 year vet. Had a couple games where backups came in due to injury, but that happened to us too. Sorry guys, that argument doesn’t hold water to me. Our defense was pretty good. It’s ok to say it.
We got a lot of breaks go our way last year. Just look at the last game of the year. Brady had his way throwing for almost 400 and they ran for like 140. We got a solid group no doubt but I feel we really missed Matt I. With him coming back and with the addition of Davis, I feel we can take that much needed next step.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:41 PM   #15
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 322
Re: Washington Football Team Defense 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We got a lot of breaks go our way last year. Just look at the last game of the year. Brady had his way throwing for almost 400 and they ran for like 140. We got a solid group no doubt but I feel we really missed Matt I. With him coming back and with the addition of Davis, I feel we can take that much needed next step.
Sorry, but at the end of the year Tampa was doing that to everyone. We didn’t have any more breaks than any other team.
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.33429 seconds with 10 queries