Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-29-2021, 10:33 AM   #121
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: Coronavirus (sports edition) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I understand that there are NFL players who probably have health conditions that may be affected by the vaccine (i.e. Sweat with his heart issue). But it is a bit hard for me to take serious someone who just doesn't want to get vaccinated without any apparent reason, when they are also making a business decision to play in a sport that has been shown to carry a lot of health risks in the long term.

Also, NFL players always make decisions on their health with a business aspect in mind (i.e. treatment for injury, etc., etc.). So this is not something new for them; however, what is different is that their decision vastly affects others.
Everyone has a choice, regardless whether you consider it a bit hard for you take seriously.

Once again, there's empirical evidence (as Schneed also stated) that there could be reactions to the vaccination, whether in the short or long-term, as well as many people wondering what they're taking or getting via the vaccination (ie, the Tuskegee Experiment and 1976 Swine Flu).
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-29-2021, 12:38 PM   #122
Monkeydad
Living Legend

In a time where players are taking controversial "social justice" stands and driving fans away, here's a player worth supporting. He's standing up for younger players who can't speak up and keep a job.

The Bills' Cole Beasley is taking a stand on forced vaccinations. The League is threatening players if they don't get the injection and he's standing up to them. Several other high-profile players including DeAndre Hopkins and Leonard Fournette are also saying they'll retire over the protocols and the injection.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-bil...211223741.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/buffalo-bill...193720432.html

Quote:
I'm not anti- or pro-vax — I'm pro-choice. With that being said, the issue at hand is information being withheld from players in order for a player to be swayed in a direction he may not be comfortable with.

When dealing with a player's health and safety, there should be complete transparency regarding information that is vital in the decision-making process. Without having all the proper information, a player can feel misguided and unsure about a very personal choice. It makes a player feel unprotected and gives concerns about future topics regarding health and our ability to make educated decisions.

Some people may think that I’m being selfish and making this a ‘me’ thing. It is all about the young players who don’t have a voice and are reaching out to me every day because they’re being told if they don’t get vaxxed, they’ll be cut. Agents are being told by teams if they have unvaccinated guys, they will not be given opportunities as of now to be seen in workouts. So, once unvaccinated players get cut, they're losing a dream they have worked their whole lives for over a vaccine that is proven to not keep people from contracting COVID as we've seen.

Every doctor I've gone to with questions begins every sentence with 'From what we know now,' which tells me we don't know enough.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:17 PM   #123
MTK
\m/

Beasley is a moron.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:23 PM   #124
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Saw that response coming lol.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:24 PM   #125
MTK
\m/

I mean come on the dude is sitting there with his mask under his nose. Total buffoon.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:46 PM   #126
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I mean come on the dude is sitting there with his mask under his nose. Total buffoon.
You've been trained well.

Personally attack and shame anyone who dares to question the Government.

I just listened to a 45-year HVAC engineer explain with REAL SCIENTIFIC FACTS how wearing a mask (aka filter) on your face is dangerous and harmful, especially to children who aren't exactly the best at hygiene.

But Nancy Pelosi calls it "science" as she calls people morons and threatens to arrest them for not wearing masks around her...while she doesn't wear a mask.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:48 PM   #127
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
Everyone has a choice, regardless whether you consider it a bit hard for you take seriously.

Once again, there's empirical evidence (as Schneed also stated) that there could be reactions to the vaccination, whether in the short or long-term, as well as many people wondering what they're taking or getting via the vaccination (ie, the Tuskegee Experiment and 1976 Swine Flu).
Ehhhhhh I don’t think S10 was saying that, he was just calling me an idiot.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 01:49 PM   #128
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
You've been trained well.
lol

ok
Old 07-29-2021, 02:19 PM   #129
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ehhhhhh I don’t think S10 was saying that, he was just calling me an idiot.
LOL, Maybe, he was calling you an idiot (or not). But he was saying what I recently posted.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:20 PM   #130
SunnySide
Playmaker

Id vote to just lock this thread up.

This is turning into brother on brother. I love reading Chiefs football thoughts and hopefully we are still cool.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:21 PM   #131
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

This is turning into brother on brother. I love reading Chiefs football thoughts and hopefully we are still cool.
Agreed. I think all that can be said has been said.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #132
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Before it gets locked, I'd just like to say it seems to be a matter of risk. People who wear masks in public settings or get the vaccine think the risk of COVID hurting them or someone they care about is high and are willing to take the risk of getting the shot/s to lower the risk of death or disability from COVID. People who think the risk of serious repercussions from COVID are low don't follow protocols and generally don't mind the risk of getting COVID or spreading it elsewhere.

Also Buster, how you gonna come in here tal'm bout real scientific facts from a HVAC engineer and then link us to some Pelosi nonsense nobody wants to watch? If you got the hard truths we need to accept back it up.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:35 PM   #133
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Discussing this on a sports forum was a bad idea from the start.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:41 PM   #134
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post

We're cool man. I have no ill will for you or anyone else. We disagree on some things, and that's ok. The main message I have tried to convey is that, despite having strong opinions one way or another, I don't think it is helpful (or warranted) to shame, name-call, or ostracize individuals who make different or even unpopular decisions for their own, or their family's well-being - no matter which side of the vaccine argument you are on.

It's tough times everywhere you look these days. I'm not sure how we will collectively pull ourselves out of this overwhelmingly divisive era we have found ourselves in. I just try my best to not be a part of the problem(s).
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #135
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
We're cool man. I have no ill will for you or anyone else. We disagree on some things, and that's ok. The main message I have tried to convey is that, despite having strong opinions one way or another, I don't think it is helpful (or warranted) to shame, name-call, or ostracize individuals who make different or even unpopular decisions for their own, or their family's well-being - no matter which side of the vaccine argument you are on.

It's tough times everywhere you look these days. I'm not sure how we will collectively pull ourselves out of this overwhelmingly divisive era we have found ourselves in. I just try my best to not be a part of the problem(s).
Sound post, Chief.