Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2011 NFL Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 07:56 PM   #1
3Card
Camp Scrub

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

That Walter Football site is mess. I cant find anything over there.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

We do have a 2nd
Old 11-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
Texanskin
Special Teams

if you thnk we should draft anything but OL in the first ound...ur nuts. 1st...RT....2nd...C....draft a QB in 2012 draft
Old 11-19-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

You don't need to draft an OL if there's not a good one where you're picking just to say you drafted an OL in the first round.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
3Card
Camp Scrub

Why RT in the first when it is our OG and C that are getting abused every week. We already have a draft pick invested in our current RT and no OG or C need to be drafted in the first round. first round pick should be used on Skill position player or another Orakpo or a QB to groom.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Terpfan76
Special Teams

With the issues the team currently has at so many different positions, I feel the Skins need to just start drafting the best available player regardless of position. We certainly aren't stacked anywhere, so it wouldn't hurt. I few players I feel could be great for us but in no particular order are:

Nick Fairley DT Auburn. That guy is a beast and would look good at DE.

Nate Solder OT Colorado. He's a 6'9" converted TE. He has the athleticism to play in the zone/one cut rushing scheme.

Rodney Hudson G/C FSU. He lacks size, but is agile/quick and has been a long time starter for the Seminoles.

Marvin Austin DT UNC. I don't know how far he'll drop due to his getting kicked of the team at UNC, but his skills are many. If he falls pretty far, might be worth taking a shot at.

Stefen Wisniewski C/G PSU. Previous poster spelled it out pretty well.

Phil Taylor DT Baylor. He transferred from PSU due to lack of PT. He's massive at 6'4" 340 and would be a good fit in our 3-4 as a later round pick.

Leonard Hankerson WR Miami. Has excellent size and has been very productive at the U. We haven't had much luck with drafting wr's lately though so I'm not too excited by the idea of taking one very early.

Alex Wujack LB UMD. I don't know that he'll blow anyone away with his measurables, but I'd love to see him as an ILB wearing Burgandy and Gold. At 6'3" 250, he has pretty good size and is a tackling machine.
Old 11-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #7
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpfan76 View Post
With the issues the team currently has at so many different positions, I feel the Skins need to just start drafting the best available player regardless of position. We certainly aren't stacked anywhere, so it wouldn't hurt. I few players I feel could be great for us but in no particular order are:

Leonard Hankerson WR Miami. Has excellent size and has been very productive at the U. We haven't had much luck with drafting wr's lately though so I'm not too excited by the idea of taking one very early.
I agree about Hankerson. He's extremely physical, shown big play ability, and is great after the catch. He's played well on a poor team with a terrible QB and is often double teamed. He will be very good in the NFL. I've dreamt about him being a late round Redskins pick. He could be very much like Brandon Marshall was for Shanny in Denver, and hopefully, he wouldn't punch a TV.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpfan76 View Post

Nick Fairley DT Auburn. That guy is a beast and would look good at DE.

Nate Solder OT Colorado. He's a 6'9" converted TE. He has the athleticism to play in the zone/one cut rushing scheme.

Rodney Hudson G/C FSU. He lacks size, but is agile/quick and has been a long time starter for the Seminoles.

Marvin Austin DT UNC. I don't know how far he'll drop due to his getting kicked of the team at UNC, but his skills are many. If he falls pretty far, might be worth taking a shot at.

Stefen Wisniewski C/G PSU. Previous poster spelled it out pretty well.

Phil Taylor DT Baylor. He transferred from PSU due to lack of PT. He's massive at 6'4" 340 and would be a good fit in our 3-4 as a later round pick.

Alex Wujack LB UMD. I don't know that he'll blow anyone away with his measurables, but I'd love to see him as an ILB wearing Burgandy and Gold. At 6'3" 250, he has pretty good size and is a tackling machine.
both these guys are going to be practice squad, won't make it type players in the nfl
Old 12-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #9
Terpfan76
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
both these guys are going to be practice squad, won't make it type players in the nfl

You may be right about Wujak, but you're out of your mind if you think Hankerson will be a PS type player. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on him being at least a late first round to second round pick. He may lack speed, but he has everything else that teams look for in #1 receivers. The War Room at The Sporting News has Hankerson currently rated as the #18 over all player in the draft and #4 WR. They have him going 21st to the Rams in their current Mock Draft. Hankerson's player profile: SportingNews.com - Pro Football War Room
I'd love to see Wujak in Washington on the PS. He's the type of player that will work his ass off until he makes it on the field and we clearly don't have enough of those type players.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #10
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

We all keep asking for it, but the truth is that the game today is moving towards more spread out sets, not this max protect, 22 personnel stuff. I think we can safely conclude that we will not be seeing Cooley AND Davis on the field at the same time with any sort of regularity. We have a true lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball this year, if there was ever a time to get both of them out there, this would be it... and it's not happening.

Was anyone else surprised by how sluggish Davis looked on that long pass against the Eagles? Hopefully he doesn't become the third 'Skin with "cardiovascular issues."

Thomas Paine
Old 11-19-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
Terpfan76
Special Teams

Why don't we use Cooley or Davis or both in a manner much like the Colts use Dallas Clark. Either Cooley or Davis would be an upgrade over Galloway. Would be a much more versatile offense if you think about it. But what do I know lol...
Old 11-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #12
skinster
Impact Rookie

Does anyone know what the best draft websites are? I'm not asking for the websites that you guys agree with, no offense but I have no idea who is a good evaluator of talent on this site. I'm talking about the websites that have the highest percentage of evaluating talent. I feel like there should be statistics about this on the internet, but I couldnt find any.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #13
Terpfan76
Special Teams

I've been a fan of the War Room at the sporting news' site. It's not free though, $4.99 p/m or $39.99 p/y and you also get a years subscription to the magazine. I'm not sure about any other sites.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #14
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

This team has been riding on Moss being our #1 for years...
He's a #2 at best.

Until we go after true talent at the WR position,we are going to suck ass for years.

This will be a great draft for WR's as well as a great year for WR's in Free Agency.
Hell...There are WR's being let out of prison we could nab..lol

If we do NOT upgrade this spot,we will not be a Playoff game.
You can talk about the O-line,D-line Linebackers,CB's..safeties..whatever?
All of which we need to get better..I agree.

I'm not saying we need superstars in all 5 WR spots,but we better get a TRUE #1.
Moss is NOT that..He's a #2 at best.
Probably would be a #3 on some teams...

That will NOT win championships.

This team needs an Andre Johnson
A DeWayne Bowe
A Calvin Johnson
and so on...

and that's not to win a championship
That's just so we can score some damn points and compete against these great teams and defenses.

Give us a #1 WR...then have a guy like Santana Moss and Armstrong as compliments to our #1 Wr and we might have a chance.

We have not scored 30 points one time this season.
It's been a continuous theme for quite a while.

It's not because of QB imo though...
As bad as I truly can't stand Jason Campbell and I almost loathe him....
He's not why we couldn't score 30 points very often if at all.

Guys like Matt Cassel
Matt Shaub
Stafford/Hill

These QB's are not great...

They have true #1 WR targets as well as WR's that compliment them.

This MUST be addressed,if we are to be any good from here on out.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 AM   #15
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
This team has been riding on Moss being our #1 for years...
He's a #2 at best.

Until we go after true talent at the WR position,we are going to suck ass for years.

This will be a great draft for WR's as well as a great year for WR's in Free Agency.
Hell...There are WR's being let out of prison we could nab..lol

If we do NOT upgrade this spot,we will not be a Playoff game.
You can talk about the O-line,D-line Linebackers,CB's..safeties..whatever?
All of which we need to get better..I agree.

I'm not saying we need superstars in all 5 WR spots,but we better get a TRUE #1.
Moss is NOT that..He's a #2 at best.
Probably would be a #3 on some teams...

That will NOT win championships.

This team needs an Andre Johnson
A DeWayne Bowe
A Calvin Johnson
and so on...

and that's not to win a championship
That's just so we can score some damn points and compete against these great teams and defenses.

Give us a #1 WR...then have a guy like Santana Moss and Armstrong as compliments to our #1 Wr and we might have a chance.

We have not scored 30 points one time this season.
It's been a continuous theme for quite a while.

It's not because of QB imo though...
As bad as I truly can't stand Jason Campbell and I almost loathe him....
He's not why we couldn't score 30 points very often if at all.

Guys like Matt Cassel
Matt Shaub
Stafford/Hill

These QB's are not great...

They have true #1 WR targets as well as WR's that compliment them.

This MUST be addressed,if we are to be any good from here on out.
I agree that we need a true #1 but the far greater need is a better offensive line, wasting a pick on a #1 and then having to wait to develop him won't do any good without a solid offensive line -- with more time to throw, DMac can find other targets and our RBs will have holes to run through.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Closed Thread