Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The Bad News Thread

Parking Lot

Old 10-02-2017, 04:55 PM   #301
MTK
\m/

Re: The Bad News Thread

Glad I had the opportunity to see Petty in 2013, always hoped for another chance. He was just phenomenal. RIP.

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2017, 05:18 PM   #302
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Some days just go into the toilet and never get better. Tragic loss both on the mega scale of LV and the individual talent of Tom Petty.

Well said. First Vegas and now this.Days like today always seem to put things into perspective,what's important and what isn't.
Old 10-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #303
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Well said. First Vegas and now this.Days like today always seem to put things into perspective,what's important and what isn't.
Is it bad that I'm so desensitized to these mass shootings that I'm just like, "oh another one. RIP innocents, fuck people who want to kill other people." As shitty as it is, it doesn't change anything. No new laws are going to get passed that make it harder to get high powered weaponry, or get people to take mental health more seriously in this country. People are just going to say a prayer for the deceased and their loved ones, the left is going to blame Congress for not doing anything, and the right is going to talk about how gun restrictions aren't going to solve anything (look at every city where guns are banned! it doesn't stop murders or anything). And life will go on until the next incident, when we'll repeat the cycle.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #304
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

It was such a nice month for the good news thread. Of course this piece of shit thread needs some attention.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #305
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Glad I had the opportunity to see Petty in 2013, always hoped for another chance. He was just phenomenal. RIP.

Saw him around 2005? He was awesome. Great great show. Heaven pretty much had all the great ones now. Minus a few.
Just two days ago i popped a petty cd into the car out of nowhere. Cheers Tom and enjoy the great gig in the sky.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:10 PM   #306
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Is it bad that I'm so desensitized to these mass shootings that I'm just like, "oh another one. RIP innocents, fuck people who want to kill other people." As shitty as it is, it doesn't change anything. No new laws are going to get passed that make it harder to get high powered weaponry, or get people to take mental health more seriously in this country. People are just going to say a prayer for the deceased and their loved ones, the left is going to blame Congress for not doing anything, and the right is going to talk about how gun restrictions aren't going to solve anything (look at every city where guns are banned! it doesn't stop murders or anything). And life will go on until the next incident, when we'll repeat the cycle.

IMO, and that is all it is. I say yes but I understand how people would after a while. Doesn't make anyone a bad person or anything like that I am much older than you and I know how perspective changes with age,it's just normal.As I said before it's sad that people whom seem to have it all together have to do things of this nature.Will it ever end?
Old 10-03-2017, 12:48 PM   #307
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

It absolutely impossible to cut of the coverage of the Vegas shooting. Its everywhere...cant avoid it. Really sux...

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #308
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It absolutely impossible to cut of the coverage of the Vegas shooting. Its everywhere...cant avoid it. Really sux...
Media has to milk it. Sooner or later we should know everything about this guy. I'm personally curious if he's a two-ply or one-ply guy myself.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:30 PM   #309
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

So i walk out the door to go to work today and discover i have a flat tire so im gonna be late. Well that sucks but no biggie, at least its not snowing anymore so it could be worse. I already plugged the tire twice so this time i decide to throw the spare on and go to work. Im almost done putting the spare on when suddenly my dog breaks free a worn out board on the fence and decides to go exploring beyond the wide world of my backyard. I stand up to go chase him and strain my back. What feels like an hour later i finally grab him near the end of the block as he stops to take a leak. I start attempting to go to work and call my coworker to let him know and he says to just stay home and take it easy so i do. Im typing this as i lay on the floor abou to go to bed, hoping tomorrow will be easier to deal with because the impending freezing temps means we might get admin pay for the first time in two winters.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 07:54 AM   #310
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
So i walk out the door to go to work today and discover i have a flat tire so im gonna be late. Well that sucks but no biggie, at least its not snowing anymore so it could be worse. I already plugged the tire twice so this time i decide to throw the spare on and go to work. Im almost done putting the spare on when suddenly my dog breaks free a worn out board on the fence and decides to go exploring beyond the wide world of my backyard. I stand up to go chase him and strain my back. What feels like an hour later i finally grab him near the end of the block as he stops to take a leak. I start attempting to go to work and call my coworker to let him know and he says to just stay home and take it easy so i do. Im typing this as i lay on the floor abou to go to bed, hoping tomorrow will be easier to deal with because the impending freezing temps means we might get admin pay for the first time in two winters.

Rough morning! Hope it's all better.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:25 AM   #311
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Some days the world just tries testing your limits. Thanks G1. It'll get better, a heating pad and sleeping on the floor usually helps.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:47 AM   #312
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Damn. Sorry to hear it man. That's one of those "when it rains it pours" moments.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #313
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Damn. Sorry to hear it man. That's one of those "when it rains it pours" moments.
Thanks TMC. In the grand scheme of things it feels insignificant, but right now with a stiff back it's just another nagging annoyance. A few days of r/r and some stretching and I'll be fine. And the weekend starts tomorrow so it could be worse.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:43 AM   #314
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Mooby get better. Day before yesterday I witness semi-miracle with a loose dog...a dooberman puppy weighing about 50 lbs was running around at the local park which was fine but he then ventured on the ice of a small lake, walking towards the unfrozen middle. The owner and I...immediately put my lab on a leash...were freakin out yelling. Then I ran away with my dog towards the field which the Dobberman saw and gave chase, running back onto ground.

He must have walked 20 feet onto the lake...its like you get that sudden "impending doom" feeling, man...me and the owner freaked out yelling. side note, the owner, she is a dirty blond from California with a fat ass. I was probably paying too much attention.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:19 AM   #315
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Some days the world just tries testing your limits. Thanks G1. It'll get better, a heating pad and sleeping on the floor usually helps.

Wife has back problems that would make grown men cry it's so bad .We bought a Tempurpedic bed ...HOLY SHIT!!! It's GREAT! We've had ours almost 7 years now the new ones are nicer but I swear to God it will wreck you for any other bed! They are costly but I swear they are worth it!