Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Stanley Caps

Other Sports

Old 01-01-2023, 09:06 AM   #181
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Stanley Caps

Man Caps celebrated the new year in style. What a game! Crazy fact I learned when listening to the game. Caps were 0-34-2 against Canadiens when they joined the nhl. They have been so dominant since that, they could tie the series at 84-84-17 when they play in April.

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2023, 08:58 PM   #182
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Hats off to the Capitals organization for the tribute to Hamlin.

It's amazing how much Americans have the ability to unite under certain circumstances.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2023, 11:08 AM   #183
SunnySide
Playmaker

Sucks the Caps are limping into the outdoor stadium game, with no Ovi in a big natl TV game v Carolina.

Good thing is my Saturday night is open I guess
Old 02-21-2023, 08:06 PM   #184
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Caps need to think about trading anything that isn't nailed down. Their front office is making head scratching decisions too. I like Strome and I am not against the signing but why do we have Connor McMichael still at Hershey? The back log at center is absurd. They either need to trade Eller and bring McMichael to the the third line or trade McMichael.

Gustafson, Sheary, Johansson, Mantha (if someone will take him) and Lindgren (this was a seriously unnecessary luxury that cost depth on the wings or defense)

End rant
Old 02-22-2023, 09:57 AM   #185
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Caps need to think about trading anything that isn't nailed down. Their front office is making head scratching decisions too. I like Strome and I am not against the signing but why do we have Connor McMichael still at Hershey? The back log at center is absurd. They either need to trade Eller and bring McMichael to the the third line or trade McMichael.

Gustafson, Sheary, Johansson, Mantha (if someone will take him) and Lindgren (this was a seriously unnecessary luxury that cost depth on the wings or defense)

End rant
Yeah they are going nowhere fast it seems. I would say tear it down but one of Ovi's contract stipulations when he resigned was that they field a competitive team that can compete for titles. Well now they maxed out their cap and have a barely competitive team.

I am very unimpressed with Lavi's ability to develop young players. It would be hard to watch if Ovi wasn't chasing scoring titles (current situation notwithstanding).
Old 02-22-2023, 01:29 PM   #186
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I think they can be competitive and sell current pieces if done correctly. IMO the big thing is to keep a quality first line and a powerplay to keep Ovie humming. Agree with Lavi not impressed. Say last night since Vrana/Mantha trade Vrana has played 40 games (injuries and rehab) but scored 22 goals. Mantha 105 games and 22 goals. He was supposed to be our young secondary scorer. Why hasn't that happened?
Old 05-11-2023, 09:39 PM   #187
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If hockey was always sudden death during a possible elimination game, it would be way more exciting to watch on TV.

Unless you just love hockey though, it's not enjoyable to watch on TV.

Note - I've only seen hockey once live, and that was a Gulls minor league game in SD. That was super fun. For whatever reason, that sport is just way more impressive live, than it is on TV.

Hurricanes going to OT to try to get to the conference finals.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:27 PM   #188
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
If hockey was always sudden death during a possible elimination game, it would be way more exciting to watch on TV.

Note - I've only seen hockey once live, and that was a Gulls minor league game in SD. That was super fun. For whatever reason, that sport is just way more impressive live, than it is on TV.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. I've reached this stage of my life where I enjoy watching games on tv more than going out. You get a comfy couch, a big screen tv, your choice of food and beverage options (that don't cost 3-4 times what they do in a grocery store). You can watch every replay in high-def slow mo to figure out if it was a goal or not. You can pause it to hit the head or do whatever, fast forward through commercials, whatever. There is no 45 minute commute to get into your downtown living room to watch the game. I love the tv experience since it's come so far in the last 20 years.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:46 PM   #189
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this. I've reached this stage of my life where I enjoy watching games on tv more than going out. You get a comfy couch, a big screen tv, your choice of food and beverage options (that don't cost 3-4 times what they do in a grocery store). You can watch every replay in high-def slow mo to figure out if it was a goal or not. You can pause it to hit the head or do whatever, fast forward through commercials, whatever. There is no 45 minute commute to get into your downtown living room to watch the game. I love the tv experience since it's come so far in the last 20 years.
I definitely agree in general, that it's more enjoyable to watch games at home nowadays. I'm so glad I can watch our games on YouTube TV this year. If it was 500 bucks, I'd still do it, and likely still save money. But the convenience is worth just as much or more than any savings.

I've just never been a hockey fan, so I don't understand it on TV. It just looks like a bunch of dudes skating randomly after the puck. I guess I don't understand it live either, but you can see the whole rink and follow the puck easier, so it seems easier to follow.
Old 05-12-2023, 01:08 PM   #190
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

All playoff games are sudden death in OT. Do you mean all hockey games?

My suggestion when watching on TV is to watch the players and not the puck. If you watch the puck it looks muddled and confusing
Old 05-12-2023, 01:21 PM   #191
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
All playoff games are sudden death in OT. Do you mean all hockey games?

My suggestion when watching on TV is to watch the players and not the puck. If you watch the puck it looks muddled and confusing
Yeah, if every game was 1st goal wins. No halftimes or anything. Just play until someone scores.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:09 AM   #192
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Watched the PWHL game between Minnesota and Boston last night. Great game. Definitely worth checking out if you are a hockey fan. Games can be found on Youtube on their channel and you can watch for free no need to pay $40 a month to watch bad football. (Yes that was a shot at you SD)
Old 01-04-2024, 09:15 AM   #193
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Watched the PWHL game between Minnesota and Boston last night. Great game. Definitely worth checking out if you are a hockey fan. Games can be found on Youtube on their channel and you can watch for free no need to pay $40 a month to watch bad football. (Yes that was a shot at you SD)
Oh yeah totally! I bought a TV that has picture in picture so i can watch PWHL and WNBA at the same time; its so exciting!
Old 01-04-2024, 09:16 AM   #194
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
BMore making fun of me:

Maybe that's Rave next to him.

I had to Google to even find out what PWHL was. That's going to be a hard no for me.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:23 AM   #195
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
BMore making fun of me:

Maybe that's Rave next to him.

I had to Google to even find out what PWHL was. That's going to be a hard no for me.
I watch a lot of youth hockey because of my son, i say those ladies are playing at 16U Boys Tier 1 speed without the hitting

WNBA is equal to watching the NBA if everyone played on the beach in the sand

Sorry the majority of sports fans want see the fastest and biggest compete not a estrogen water down version of a particular sport