2011 Fantasy Football Thread

Fantasy Football

Old 09-08-2011, 04:48 PM   #76
12thMan
MVP

Re: 2011 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Bush will probably get the most touches out of that group.
TE Visanthe Shiancoe/Vikings or Brandon Pettigrew/Lions
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #77
Swarley
The Starter

Pettigrew, Shiancoe to me is a backup TE at this point. He's been out since early August and is only now getting back.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #78
MTK
\m/

I agree, Pettigrew.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #79
Swarley
The Starter

Well I didn't head your guys advice and benched Ingram in hopes that Ben Tate is gonna get extended playing time.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:04 AM   #80
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
3rd really? wow didnt know that. So you take an RB with you first round pick and put him 3rd on the depth chart? That doesnt sound right
He's still taking time picking up blitzes like most rookie rbs and a blitzing team like green bay is a team I know I wouldn't risk my franchise qb right out the gates against with a rookie rb picking up the blitzes from players like Woodson & Matthews. I think by midseason baring injury he'll probably be the starter, but not right off the bat especially with a shorter offseason to work on said blitz pickup. He only got 40 yards rushing tonight which is probably about 4-6 pts.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:20 AM   #81
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
He's still taking time picking up blitzes like most rookie rbs and a blitzing team like green bay is a team I know I wouldn't risk my franchise qb right out the gates against with a rookie rb picking up the blitzes from players like Woodson & Matthews. I think by midseason baring injury he'll probably be the starter, but not right off the bat especially with a shorter offseason to work on said blitz pickup. He only got 40 yards rushing tonight which is probably about 4-6 pts.
yeah, it didnt help that the Saints were behind all nite and had to throw to keep up. All 3 saw a fair amount of work which is never really great fantasy wise

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #82
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

That Jordy Nelson late round pick for my bench on 3 of my teams probably a good call

He Gets Us
Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #83
12thMan
MVP

Ugh...I shoulda went with my gut on Darren Sproles last night. Oh, well Bress tore it up.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 AM   #84
MTK
\m/

I've got Sproles too on one of my benches, looks like he's going to be a baller. I can see him racking up a ton of catches in that offense.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #85
mredskins
Gamebreaker

I love when Fantasy Football gets ugly. A few new people in my work league (which has been running for many years) challenged the commissioner on some rules of course he blew up:

Let me just say – this is not “MY” league. While I have the title of commish, all that entitles me to is paying the 150
bucks 2 months before the draft. I don’t establish rules
in a vacuum and i don' t have the pleasure of charing fines every time one of you gets in trouble with the law.
Everything is worked with all league members based on a voting basis in an effort to make this reflect the majority’s opinion. The week 1 rule has just been a standing rule in the league for several years.

And let’s be clear - I was asked about the transactions policy, after, not during, not before, but after the draft, so not quite sure how that would that affect your draft strategy. Additionally - Hartley came out of a game on Aug
28 with a hip injury, the draft was Aug 30. But since it
was not reported by WNST.net, i guess it wasn't news.

But to level the playing field – you all now have commissioner rights – feel free to modify the league rules as you see fit –you want week 1 transactions – have at it.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #86
MTK
\m/

Can't say I blame him.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #87
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Can't say I blame him.
Oh I agree but he did give everyone comish abilities so I changed the league name, waiting for the backlash. =)
Old 09-09-2011, 11:24 AM   #88
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I love when Fantasy Football gets ugly. A few new people in my work league (which has been running for many years) challenged the commissioner on some rules of course he blew up:

Let me just say – this is not “MY” league. While I have the title of commish, all that entitles me to is paying the 150
bucks 2 months before the draft. I don’t establish rules
in a vacuum and i don' t have the pleasure of charing fines every time one of you gets in trouble with the law.
Everything is worked with all league members based on a voting basis in an effort to make this reflect the majority’s opinion. The week 1 rule has just been a standing rule in the league for several years.

And let’s be clear - I was asked about the transactions policy, after, not during, not before, but after the draft, so not quite sure how that would that affect your draft strategy. Additionally - Hartley came out of a game on Aug
28 with a hip injury, the draft was Aug 30. But since it
was not reported by WNST.net, i guess it wasn't news.

But to level the playing field – you all now have commissioner rights – feel free to modify the league rules as you see fit –you want week 1 transactions – have at it.
Holy sh*t that is funny. When we gather for my pay league, we talk about changes we would like to see. Its usually pretty chill among friends. But that sounds kinda crazy, especially if you gotta deal with that at work.

He Gets Us
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 PM   #89
Swarley
The Starter

In the league I run, I have two brothers that are the typical pain in the ass fantasy players. Calling everyone a cheater, vetoing fair trades, complaining about all the rules, making trade offers that are 10x worse than the trades they veto, etc. I definitely see where he's coming from lol.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #90
MonkFan4Life
The Starter

As a Commish myself I can tell you that it is a thankless job. I pay for all the materials used for the draft, cook, organize and everything. Gathering the players to set a draft date, getting blamed for anyone who is late, people expecting everything to be done in a matter of seconds, and not to mention everyone talking about how someone else could do a better job than you.

My best friend is in the league with me and he calls me to complain about the scoring whenever he loses. One time I had to sit on the phone with him and literally compare NFL stats with ESPN's stats all the while calculating the points with him for him to get mad at me because it didn't work out for him. Needless to say I was EFFING PISSED that day.

But who else can or will do it ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/DowntimeRB?feature=mhw5

The "punishment" by the league : "It's like getting a ticket for going too fast on a road a week ago and they changed the speed limit today"
MonkFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote