Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-02-2021, 06:03 PM   #62
nonniey
The Starter

Re: America is the GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgold View Post
Umm, ok, native people-cheated, murdered, driven from their homes...African natives kiddnapped and enslaved for over two hundred years and lynched for a hundred more, yep great country!!
Depends on your definition of great doesn't it? If perfect is your definition of great, which it seems to be, there have been no great countries, empires or civilizations and never will be.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:05 PM   #63
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

America is the GOAT

Quote:
Umm, ok, native people-cheated, murdered, driven from their homes...African natives kiddnapped and enslaved for over two hundred years and lynched for a hundred more, yep great country!!

Lol. So true. It isn’t the worst country in the world that is for sure. Not the greatest either. Too many loud, proud, macho, paranoid, angry yahoos running around these days too - on top of our very shady roots. Definitely not cool.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #64
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Lol. So true. It isn’t the worst country in the world that is for sure. Not the greatest either. Too many loud, proud, macho, paranoid, angry yahoos running around these days too - on top of our very shady roots. Definitely not cool.
Whichever country is the most influential and powerful in the world at any given time is the greatest country in the world. Right now that is us. China is making moves to replace us. Now the greatest of all time? I would say we are in the running along with Rome, Britain and China.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:25 PM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

America is the GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Whichever country is the most influential and powerful in the world at any given time is the greatest country in the world. Right now that is us. China is making moves to replace us. Now the greatest of all time? I would say we are in the running along with Rome, Britain and China.

That is your opinion of what makes a country great, and from the sound of it it doesn’t matter how they become the most influential or powerful. China is a communist cesspool of human rights atrocities. I dont care how fucking influential or powerful they are - they can never be great. I mean I guess Nazi Germany was in the conversation for a wee bit and could have been the greatest of all time if things went down a different path? Power and influence isn’t my idea of great. Apply that logic to men and women through history. Pontius Pilate crucified Jesus Christ. He obviously wielded more power doesn’t make him greater. Great people have been shunned, oppressed, and killed by powerful influential mother fuckers since the dawn of man.

Last edited by punch it in; 09-02-2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:45 PM   #66
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
That is your opinion of what makes a country great, and from the sound of it it doesn’t matter how they become the most influential or powerful. China is a communist cesspool of human rights atrocities. I dont care how fucking influential or powerful they are - they can never be great. I mean I guess Nazi Germany was in the conversation for a wee bit and could have been the greatest of all time if things went down a different path? Power and influence isn’t my idea of great. Apply that logic to men and women through history. Pontius Pilate crucified Jesus Christ. He obviously wielded more power doesn’t make him greater. Great people have been shunned, oppressed, and killed by powerful influential mother fuckers since the dawn of man.
My definition is how they influence the rest of the world currently and in posterity. Nazi Germany was never in the running as they had zero influence on posterity. China is in the running and I think if they win out on this it will be a dark future. I prefer the good guys win out on this and I believe we are the good guys (But then I'm biased).
Old 09-02-2021, 06:50 PM   #67
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Are you taking a break from the DU light (ie Tailgate) echo chamber (which a certain mod turned it into)?

Last edited by nonniey; 09-02-2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #68
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
My definition is how they influence the rest of the world currently and in posterity. Nazi Germany was never in the running as they had zero influence on posterity. China is in the running and I think if they win out on this it will be a dark future. I prefer the good guys win out on this and I believe we are the good guys (But then I'm biased).

“Whichever country is the most influential and powerful in the world at any given time is the greatest “ - your words. I stand by my conviction that is bologna. Thank God Nazi Germany did not win the war, but they were in the running to be the greatest country of all time decades ago, and had they won they certainly would have influenced posterity obviously. But guess what? That Wouldn’t make them great. Far from it actually. Just like China - whatever the future holds for them. Because, again, power and influence doesn’t equal greatness.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:17 PM   #69
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

America is the GOAT

Quote:
Taking a break from the DU light (ie Tailgate) echo chamber (which a certain mod turned it into)?

You must have this board confused with other boards. Stop being divisive. Nobody is censoring your opinions are they?
I think you are a pretty intelligent insightful dude, don’t start accusing mods of being thought police. Not here. Because they aren’t.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #70
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Define Greatest. The United States stands in the pantheon of greatest countries for many reasons, one that stands at the top is that a thread like this can exist. Yes many countries now have that same feature, but that brings up another reason. The United States took its idealism and strove to grow towards it and export it, WITHOUT expanding military dominance and demanding allegiance. The United States also has exerted its considerable influence over the last 100 years to raise world standards while not extorting resources solely for our own power.

Yes the country is not perfect, but if you define great as enhancing the livability in the world, and raising life standards without dictating allegiance then yes the US stands alone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #71
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
You must have this board confused with other boards. Stop being divisive. Nobody is censoring your opinions are they?
I think you are a pretty intelligent insightful dude, don’t start accusing mods of being thought police. Not here. Because they aren’t.
You misread that - it was a question for Burgold. I edited it to make it more clear that it was a question (added - Are you......). I asked if he was taking a break from another board that is now DU light, I wasn't calling this forum DU light.
Old 09-03-2021, 04:52 AM   #72
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
LOL, how old are you? That is the argument of an ignorant teenager.
Old 09-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #73
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Define Greatest.
Yes the country is not perfect, but if you define great as enhancing the livability in the world, and raising life standards without dictating allegiance then yes the US stands alone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
I had a discussion with someone the other day. the golden question 'what is the meaning of life". They said to be successful, help others blah blah blah ... I said its to live life in indulgence. All these centuries of people lived in rather shitty times. No food, famine, war, disease.

The reason people work hard is so they can play hard.

if you can spend your days sitting around eating grapes, drinking wine and fucking .. that is the ultimate goal.

Tonight Im going to eat pizza, drink beer, eat an edible, vape, watch a movie with family, laugh, love then go to sleep on my purple mattress with rain sounds playing from my phone.

America is great because it lets me live a great life. Yes I have to work, pay bills, be part of the matrix .. but I get rewarded. Some people in other countries work their asses off and dont get the reward.

America rewards me. My family and family tree is very much Americana.

I love America. I love being an America.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #74
MTK
\m/

Old 09-03-2021, 11:17 AM   #75
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
I had a discussion with someone the other day. the golden question 'what is the meaning of life". They said to be successful, help others blah blah blah ... I said its to live life in indulgence. All these centuries of people lived in rather shitty times. No food, famine, war, disease.

The reason people work hard is so they can play hard.

if you can spend your days sitting around eating grapes, drinking wine and fucking .. that is the ultimate goal.

Tonight Im going to eat pizza, drink beer, eat an edible, vape, watch a movie with family, laugh, love then go to sleep on my purple mattress with rain sounds playing from my phone.

America is great because it lets me live a great life. Yes I have to work, pay bills, be part of the matrix .. but I get rewarded. Some people in other countries work their asses off and dont get the reward.

America rewards me. My family and family tree is very much Americana.

I love America. I love being an America.

sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote