Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Giants Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Redskins 20-13 win over the Giants?
Peterson 17 38.64%
Swearinger 16 36.36%
Ioannidis 8 18.18%
Kerrigan 1 2.27%
other 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2018, 09:02 PM   #211
MTK
\m/

Re: Giants Postgame

PFF isn’t perfect or the end all be all, but it shouldn’t be dismissed as useless either.

Advertisements
Old 11-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #212
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man I’m happy Dunbar is trending up...we need him.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 09:16 PM   #213
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
PFF isn’t perfect or the end all be all, but it shouldn’t be dismissed as useless either.
I agree. They keep up with lots of stats you just can't find anywhere else.

I have a healthy skepticism of line play grades without knowing the grader because a requisite knowledge is involved.

There are few stats involved which makes it subjective.

I can't think of a good explanation why their grade would differ so much from Cooley's other than incompetence.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2018, 12:15 AM   #214
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Dunbar is undercover becoming one of my favorite players. His story with us is pretty amazing. Talent, hard work, and humility is one hell of a combo. Wish him the best with us obviously, but if he ever leaves, I'd still pull for him.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 07:25 AM   #215
OmahaRedskins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
I agree. They keep up with lots of stats you just can't find anywhere else.

I have a healthy skepticism of line play grades without knowing the grader because a requisite knowledge is involved.

There are few stats involved which makes it subjective.

I can't think of a good explanation why their grade would differ so much from Cooley's other than incompetence.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
This biggest issue is PFF does not know what they are expected to do during each play. Same thing happened last year with Norman. He was roasted on a few plays due to poor safety play and PFF torched him. They are a good source, it just needs to be tempered.
OmahaRedskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #216
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
And just because we’re 5-2 doesn’t mean we don’t have a problem at QB. Eventually we’re going to need to air it out to win a shoot out, and Smith will wilt as seen in the Colts game, the Saints game, and almost happened in other games. This weekend will be a test not only of our defense, but Smith if we get into a shootout with Matt Ryan, and you can BET Smith won’t be able to keep up.

Sometimes you need to strike quickly to take the momentum from the other team, sometimes the ground game is down and you need to shoulder the load, sometimes you need to send the ball more than 5 yards. SMITH CANT DO IT. He puts people to sleep and scares no one. If we didn’t have AP we’d be FUCKED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m gonna quote myself. Here’s the shoot out I keep talking about. This is where and when Smith will need to step up and air it out to keep up. Bet he can’t do it

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:48 AM   #217
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
5-2

Are we reliant on the running game and defense? Yup. 5-2

Will the passing game be a problem if we start getting into shoot-outs? Yup. 5-2

Could the passing game improve over the next nine games? Yup. 5-2

Right now, we are on a three game win streak based off of a freakishly good D-Line that has a solid rotation and depth w/ two terrific run-stoppers behind them. We are running the ball well behind a line of two potential all-pros and solid work from the rest of the line. We are winning the turnover battle with a QB who, as a rule throughout his career, seems to avoid stupid interceptions and protects the ball. We a RB with old legs but generational talent. 5-2

There is nothing gimmicky about this approach. It is not a "Once other teams figure us out, this formula will no longer work." Rather, it is an age old formula, win the trenches, run the ball, stop the run, and protect the ball. It will never be pretty. In the new NFFL (National Flag Football League), it won't make the highlight reels. It will just win games. 5-2

In the latest ESPN power rankings, we are 13th. The Carolina Panthers (who we beat) are 6th. The Green Bay Packers (who we beat) are 11th. Philadelphia (at 4-4 and whom we lead by two games in the division) are 9th. Apparently, LOTS of people do not think this formula works in the current NFL. 5-2

Atlanta is a huge game. Win at home against a potent offense. If we do win, it will likely come down to the last 2:00 with our D trying to hold off one more score. Even if we do win, however, it will likely be written off as a fluke unless we put up gaudy statistics.

6-2.

Do we want to talk about this anymore?

- Did we get to 6-2 NOPE
- Did we lose another shootout BADLY YUP
- Has the lack of a passing attack turned out to be a huge problem YUP
- Has our QB situation become a huge problem, and even bigger with the Online injuries YUP

Old 11-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #218
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Do we want to talk about this anymore?

- Did we get to 6-2 NOPE
- Did we lose another shootout BADLY YUP
- Has the lack of a passing attack turned out to be a huge problem YUP
- Has our QB situation become a huge problem, and even bigger with the Online injuries YUP

ok ok ok....we get it. Joe enthusiasm was def spot on...he never defended the passing game and was more or less saying we are winning playing our style, which was fine. I think everyone is aware A Smith and Jay Gruden haven't been good in the development of the passing attack. At this point, your post...while it maybe correct in some aspects...really doesn't bring anything.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:56 AM   #219
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
ok ok ok....we get it. Joe enthusiasm was def spot on...he never defended the passing game and was more or less saying we are winning playing our style, which was fine. I think everyone is aware A Smith and Jay Gruden haven't been good in the development of the passing attack. At this point, your post...while it maybe correct in some aspects...really doesn't bring anything.

I know it offers no value, just from Friday ball busting