Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #46
53Fan
Franchise Player

Re: Eli Manning's 6-Year, $97.5 Million Extension One of NFL's Biggest Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
This is why I love Redskins fans. Every year they come out so optimistic, and every year they crash harder and harder. The Skins will be lucky to win 5 games. The Giants D Line is going to have Campbell on his back more than a 2 dollar hooker.
When Haynesworth comes after Opie he's gonna look like a deer caught in the headlights. I'm sure you've seen that look many times being a Gnats fan.

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #47
coggs
Special Teams

That fat load a elephant poop won't get near Eli. You guys should be worried more about how many of your OLinemen are going to be healthy enough to play come September 13th.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #48
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
That fat load a elephant poop won't get near Eli. You guys should be worried more about how many of your OLinemen are going to be healthy enough to play come September 13th.
You losers had the division won and then you folded like a cheap tent. Your time is over junior. Get used to it.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #49
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
No disrepect intended but we're gonna kick your ass this year.
I'll remember this one.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #50
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
I'll remember this one.
I won't let you forget.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #51
44Deezel
The Starter

Quote:
Hixon definitely has the speed to be the deep threat this season, but after his awful drop in the regular season loss to the Eagles last year, he didn't really get another shot. Seemed like the Giants were afraid to try and stretch the field. Without Burress and Toomer, you have to think the young guys (Smith, Hixon, Manningham, Moss, Nicks, Barden) are going to come in wanting the #1 or #2 receiver role which hopefully drives these guys to bust their asses. My guess is the season starts with Hixon as the #1, Steve Smith as the #2, Nicks as the #3 and Barden as your goal line jump ball guy. Barden is the guy out of Cal-Poly they took in the 3rd round who is about 13 feet tall.
Yeah, I remember that play. I picked up Hixon after Burress went away and really thought he was going to step up. That play would have gone for 90 plus yards and a TD, right? The pass was on the money and Hixon was 10 yards past the nearest DB. He had some good games earlier in the season as well. If I recall correctly, Plax was out of a game due to injury and Hixon stepped in and got over 100 yards receiving. The Giants also scored over 30 in that game... I think.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #52
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
You losers had the division won and then you folded like a cheap tent. Your time is over junior. Get used to it.
Would you like to review the skins the past 15 years? The race for the NFC East is among three teams. I'll give you a hint, the skins are not one of them. You might as well start thinking about who you want the skins to draft.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #53
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
Yeah, I remember that play. I picked up Hixon after Burress went away and really thought he was going to step up. That play would have gone for 90 plus yards and a TD, right? The pass was on the money and Hixon was 10 yards past the nearest DB. He had some good games earlier in the season as well. If I recall correctly, Plax was out of a game due to injury and Hixon stepped in and got over 100 yards receiving. The Giants also scored over 30 in that game... I think.
Not sure if it was 90 yards, but it was a huge play. Possibly 80, hell might even have been 90. Hixon had a monster game against Seattle when Plax was suspended by the team. He had 2 TD's and they won something like 44-6. Plax got hurt before the Skins game in Washington and the Giants won 23-7. Both of those games gave Giants fans a false sense of security that they could win without Burress. Problem is their is a difference between beating Seattle and the Redskins and beating a good NFL team.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:40 PM   #54
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Would you like to review the skins the past 15 years? The race for the NFC East is among three teams. I'll give you a hint, the skins are not one of them. You might as well start thinking about who you want the skins to draft.
You sound like a Cowgirls fan. Going back to the past but not far enough to include our championships. You choked LAST YEAR. I would say that is relevant. Burress is gone and not coming back. I don't blame you for pulling for your team and we can go back and forth all night. We'll see who's standing at the end of the season. I can't wait for Orakpo and AH to meet Opie. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #55
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
We'll see who's standing at the end of the season.
Obviously, I am not going to bet my lungs that the Giants win it all, but I'd take whatever action you want to lay that the Skins are not. I'm not one of these blind optimist fans. I am very critical of my team, but there is no way you can objectively say the Skins are a better team than the Giants. You want to hope and pull for your squad, by all means you should. But, life on the line, you know you would choose the Giants to finish ahead of the skins. If I told you right now, Skins go 9-7, get in the play-offs as a 6th seed but lose the wild card game, you'd sign up immediately. I don't know a single Giants fan who would see that as a successful season.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #56
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
You sound like a Cowgirls fan. Going back to the past but not far enough to include our championships. You choked LAST YEAR. I would say that is relevant. Burress is gone and not coming back. I don't blame you for pulling for your team and we can go back and forth all night. We'll see who's standing at the end of the season. I can't wait for Orakpo and AH to meet Opie. Looking forward to it.
Any Giants fan who has actually looked at their roster cannot be comfortable with their WR situation.

Their ability to run the ball will take them far but giving Eli $100 doesn't solve the fact that they are not a championship threat without Burress. They easily have the worst WR corps in the division and possibly the worst TE situation as well.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #57
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Obviously, I am not going to bet my lungs that the Giants win it all, but I'd take whatever action you want to lay that the Skins are not. I'm not one of these blind optimist fans. I am very critical of my team, but there is no way you can objectively say the Skins are a better team than the Giants. You want to hope and pull for your squad, by all means you should. But, life on the line, you know you would choose the Giants to finish ahead of the skins. If I told you right now, Skins go 9-7, get in the play-offs as a 6th seed but lose the wild card game, you'd sign up immediately. I don't know a single Giants fan who would see that as a successful season.
I don't think so. But you Gnats fans might want to lower your expectations and accept that. You MIGHT take the first game, but it will be a long time before you beat us again. Your time is OVER. We are on the rise and just because you don't want to see it doesn't matter. You've peaked and it's all down hill from here. Opie will never see another SB. Our defense is going to eat your offense for lunch bubba. It's hard to win without scoring.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #58
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
Any Giants fan who has actually looked at their roster cannot be comfortable with their WR situation.

Their ability to run the ball will take them far but giving Eli $100 doesn't solve the fact that they are not a championship threat without Burress. They easily have the worst WR corps in the division and possibly the worst TE situation as well.
More importantly, the best D, and the best OLine. If you do not think they are a championship threat, then you do not know football.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #59
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
I don't think so. But you Gnats fans might want to lower your expectations and accept that. You MIGHT take the first game, but it will be a long time before you beat us again. Your time is OVER. We are on the rise and just because you don't want to see it doesn't matter. You've peaked and it's all down hill from here. Opie will never see another SB. Our defense is going to eat your offense for lunch bubba.
yeah, ok. first the skins were going to kick their ass, now just a few minutes later you are saying the giants might win the first game. It's ok. You guys were saying the same thing last year. The skins were going to win the opener because the Giants were not going to be prepared, all the hoopla about the Super Bowl will take their focus off the game. Giants 16, Skins 7 (and it wasn't even that close). Then the Burress thing was going to be a distraction yada yada yada, Giants 23, Skins 7.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #60
53Fan
Franchise Player

Nice sig. Does one win constitute a dynasty?