WFT v Seattle predictions/pregame talk

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-17-2020, 12:36 AM   #46
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: WFT v Seattle predictions/pregame talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This is how I feel. People are getting too caught up in thinking we are the 85 Bears. No doubt this d is getting better. They played lights out last week. But we have also gotten some breaks playing some backup qb's. This week is an elite Qb w/ top wr's. I just feel like our offense will keep giving the ball back to Wilson and he will end up making some big plays.
We’ve played 2 mediocre games on offense and manage to win because of the defense. Football is a game that sometimes involves luck, the last 4 games since the Cincy game a key player/players on the opposing team have been lost due to injury early in the games. I still think the mindset of this D is what I expected, you have players that were stars in college who have been losing for the last couple of years. This D is hungry and is pissed off, they are on a mission to prove they are for real. I think our O will be better this week, should be a hell of a game. If they win, the so called experts are going to believe.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-17-2020, 02:22 AM   #47
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Nothing wrong with being jaded or holding back on drinking the koolaid.

But even if Steelers are the worst 11-0 team in history, when in recent history do we win that game?

49ers game? Offense basically did nothing. Defense just said no biggy, we got you guys. Another game we would typically never win.

This is the most justified season to be excited to be a fan since Bob's rookie year. We're in 1st place, control our own destiny, and Bruce Fuckface isn't here.

I submit that we enjoy it and roll with it.

That being said and probably revisionist history since we already played the Pittsburgh game, but I think Seattle is our best test. We win this game, and I'm riding this high as Positive Pete until we don't have another game to play.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:08 AM   #48
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

But even if Steelers are the worst 11-0 team in history, when in recent history do we win that game?

49ers game? Offense basically did nothing. Defense just said no biggy, we got you guys. Another game we would typically never win.

This is the most justified season to be excited to be a fan since Bob's rookie year. We're in 1st place, control our own destiny, and Bruce Fuckface isn't here.

That being said and probably revisionist history since we already played the Pittsburgh game, but I think Seattle is our best test. We win this game, and I'm riding this high as Positive Pete until we don't have another game to play.

This. And the reference to Bruce is hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2020, 05:17 AM   #49
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I would love to see how Allen is spinning his CV...

"In 12 years I kept the performance level steady and set the organisation up for success after I stepped back from the organisation..."

AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Ominous about Gibson health.
What's weird is my first thought is this is good news about Alex Smith.
After all if AS' injury was real serious they would have brought in a qb right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:49 AM   #51
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
What's weird is my first thought is this is good news about Alex Smith.
After all if AS' injury was real serious they would have brought in a qb right?

Well, it's a good point. You would think they would at least think about bringing one up from the PS. You don't roll into any NFL game with one able QB.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:02 AM   #52
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post

It's not often we get to drink the December kool-aid, which tastes much different than the pre-season type.

Look hard enough at any win and you can find built in excuses. We don't have to apologize for winning 4 in a row and knocking off an 11-0 team. If that's not enough to get someone on board oh well.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:10 AM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
It's not often we get to drink the December kool-aid, which tastes much different than the pre-season type.

Look hard enough at any win and you can find built in excuses. We don't have to apologize for winning 4 in a row and knocking off an 11-0 team. If that's not enough to get someone on board oh well.
Right, and it isn't like we didn't have adversity of losing players either. Seattle is a tough game, and we may lose but as a whole this team has come together and playing exciting meaningful football with 3 games left in the season. That's an excellent place to be after the past 10-20 years.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #54
Coff
Impact Rookie

Let's hope we come out of the Seattle game without more injuries. Winning this game would be an uphill battle if Alex Smith and Gibson were both 100%; without them, or with a hobbled QB, there's little chance we win this game. The beautiful thing is that the team has put itself in the position to not have to win this game. I really hope they focus on getting healthy for Carolina and Philly, and not risk too much this weekend.
Coff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:46 AM   #55
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coff View Post
Let's hope we come out of the Seattle game without more injuries. Winning this game would be an uphill battle if Alex Smith and Gibson were both 100%; without them, or with a hobbled QB, there's little chance we win this game. The beautiful thing is that the team has put itself in the position to not have to win this game. I really hope they focus on getting healthy for Carolina and Philly, and not risk too much this weekend.

True, but a win would be pretty sweet. Seattle is not unbeatable and it’s great to see us competing in every game now. It’s been since early in the season that we’ve failed to be competitive and even bad NFL teams still have elite athletes. Just being competitive week after week is such a refreshing change. I hope we can continue that through season’s end whatever the outcome so it carries over to next year. The team is ascending - in recent years id be worried we’d choke and lose out the rest of the season. I can’t see this group doing that.

Would love to see Seattle go down. Pete Carroll irritates me. Mad respect for Russell Wilson and DK Metcalf in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2020, 10:57 AM   #56
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Not to mention we are coming off three consecutive road wins at Dallas, at Pittsburgh, and at San Francisco (albeit in Arizona). That's pretty historic right there. I wonder if that has ever happened, or at least since the 1970's.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #57
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Not to mention we are coming off three consecutive road wins at Dallas, at Pittsburgh, and at San Francisco (albeit in Arizona). That's pretty historic right there. I wonder if that has ever happened, or at least since the 1970's.
Back in August I guarantee nobody saw that coming, everyone had those chalked up as losses
Old 12-17-2020, 12:39 PM   #58
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Washington has outscored opponents in those four games by 50 points. Yes, 50 points. How is that even possible? Because in the last eight games, Washington ranks third in the NFL, allowing just 133 points for an average of 16.6 points per game — 14.25 points in the previous four.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #59
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...jured-reserve/

Deshazor Everett to IR? WTF?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #60
MTK
\m/

Quote: