Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2021, 07:37 AM   #1
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,189
WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Main reason for this thread - deleting posts broke the Tapatalk app view of the other thread. 2nd reason. New focus.

After today OTAs and Mini camps are done. I think no more organized team activities for about 6 weeks!! How will you get your football fix during the slow period. Prepping for fantasy? Ignoring football?
And what news are you looking for from the WFT? I know the big one is Jon Allen's extension. Hopefully it gets done. Maybe Scherff's though I still think he is gone after this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-10-2021, 09:02 AM   #2
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,758
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Is it too soon for 2022 mock drafts? Who will be BPA at pick 32?
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:12 AM   #3
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,189
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Is it too soon for 2022 mock drafts? Who will be BPA at pick 32?
Great optimism Malik Willis, Liberty, SR-r
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,178
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Brandon Scherff was in the weight room last week when newly drafted offensive lineman Sam Cosmi joined him.

"I said, 'Holy s---, Where'd you come from?'" Scherff said, then remembered he was being filmed for television. "Sorry. Excuse my French. I just said, 'Jeez Louise, Where'd you come from?'

"He started laughing, but ... he's strong. And today he showed off his speed too."

Scherff noted that the players wear tracking devices that measure their speed, and said his new goal is to catch up to Cosmi.

The rookie from Texas has made an early impression on the coaching staff, one further confirmed when they felt good enough at the position to move on from Morgan Moses.

During first-team work on Wednesday, Cosmi mostly watched while Charles Leno worked the left tackle position and Cornelius Lucas worked at right tackle, but in an NFL season, there are always plenty of opportunities to play, especially on the line.

...

As for Scherff, he's the longest tenured member of the group now, and even though he's only playing this season on a franchise tag, he takes his duties as the veteran member seriously.

"I remember Thursdays after OTAs, it was a race to (Kory Lichtensteiger's) house, and we played volleyball and everybody got together," Scherff said of his rookie season. "Just bringing the team together like that, outside of football. You can get to know your teammates a lot more with just personal stuff and not football stuff, so you can become a lot closer that way."

As for his own contract, Scherff was tight-lipped, as usual.

"I'm hoping we can work through something and get something done, but that's between my agent and the team," he said. "I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting better these next couple of weeks and getting ready for the season."

https://richmond.com/sports/professi...7819e12f9.html

I was against tagging Scherff but in hindsight with Moses being released and Cosmi most likely being our RT, Im really happy we have the vet on for at least a year to play alongside Cosmi.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:14 AM   #5
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,758
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I like him. And the Cincinnati and Nevada QBs. All 3 probably won't be there.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:17 AM   #6
BaltimoreSkins
Playmaker
 
BaltimoreSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Parkton, MD
Posts: 3,065
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I like him. And the Cincinnati and Nevada QBs. All 3 probably won't be there.
I hate to say it (no I don't because it means we had a good season) but we will have to trade up to get a QB. Time to buy the ticket and take the ride
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:19 AM   #7
sdskinsfan2001
Sponge-worthy
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10,758
Lightbulb Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
Brandon Scherff was in the weight room last week when newly drafted offensive lineman Sam Cosmi joined him.

"I said, 'Holy s---, Where'd you come from?'" Scherff said, then remembered he was being filmed for television. "Sorry. Excuse my French. I just said, 'Jeez Louise, Where'd you come from?'

"He started laughing, but ... he's strong. And today he showed off his speed too."

Scherff noted that the players wear tracking devices that measure their speed, and said his new goal is to catch up to Cosmi.

The rookie from Texas has made an early impression on the coaching staff, one further confirmed when they felt good enough at the position to move on from Morgan Moses.

During first-team work on Wednesday, Cosmi mostly watched while Charles Leno worked the left tackle position and Cornelius Lucas worked at right tackle, but in an NFL season, there are always plenty of opportunities to play, especially on the line.

...

As for Scherff, he's the longest tenured member of the group now, and even though he's only playing this season on a franchise tag, he takes his duties as the veteran member seriously.

"I remember Thursdays after OTAs, it was a race to (Kory Lichtensteiger's) house, and we played volleyball and everybody got together," Scherff said of his rookie season. "Just bringing the team together like that, outside of football. You can get to know your teammates a lot more with just personal stuff and not football stuff, so you can become a lot closer that way."

As for his own contract, Scherff was tight-lipped, as usual.

"I'm hoping we can work through something and get something done, but that's between my agent and the team," he said. "I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about getting better these next couple of weeks and getting ready for the season."

https://richmond.com/sports/professi...7819e12f9.html

I was against tagging Scherff but in hindsight with Moses being released and Cosmi most likely being our RT, Im really happy we have the vet on for at least a year to play alongside Cosmi.
Totally picturing Maverick and Goose playing volleyball, but with an extra 150 lbs added on.

Maybe we will just win so much Scherff will knock his price down a bit so we can keep him.
__________________
Cause you know, he would step across the line. Habitually. He's a habitual line stepper.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:08 AM   #8
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,117
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Main reason for this thread - deleting posts broke the Tapatalk app view of the other thread. 2nd reason. New focus.

After today OTAs and Mini camps are done. I think no more organized team activities for about 6 weeks!! How will you get your football fix during the slow period. Prepping for fantasy? Ignoring football?
And what news are you looking for from the WFT? I know the big one is Jon Allen's extension. Hopefully it gets done. Maybe Scherff's though I still think he is gone after this year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thank you so much for this thread !

Let's try to keep this one football related

So apparently the main reason for Chase's absence at OTA is he had some shootings during the offseason, and part of it was during the OTAs. He still could've showed up for at least a couple of days, and it was an Under Armor commercial, and they're said to be accommodating to athletes' schedules...

I don't have a big issue with that, still would've liked him to be here for part of it, as a team captain, but let the young man get his dollars, we all know he'll be one of the best on the field for us!
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #9
SunnySide
The Starter
 
SunnySide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2,178
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

JP Finlay
@JPFinlayNBCS

Jun 8
Ron Rivera on going back to Richmond for training camp - "We want to make sure all those fans know we care about them"

----

happy to hear that
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 12:47 PM   #10
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,900
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Thank you so much for this thread !

Let's try to keep this one football related

So apparently the main reason for Chase's absence at OTA is he had some shootings during the offseason, and part of it was during the OTAs. He still could've showed up for at least a couple of days, and it was an Under Armor commercial, and they're said to be accommodating to athletes' schedules...

I don't have a big issue with that, still would've liked him to be here for part of it, as a team captain, but let the young man get his dollars, we all know he'll be one of the best on the field for us!
Sounds like he was in and out of the building, and in constant communication with the coaches through it all. More than enough considering it was all voluntary.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #11
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,189
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Florio and Simms are not my favorites, generally they seem a bit off. That said, I won't argue with their top 2 picks:
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #12
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,189
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

I am stealing Chief_X's post and reposting here

Quote:
Ron Rivera says Washington Football Team will have open competition for starting QB job.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...arting-qb-job/
Quote:
"My biggest impression [from minicamp] is that Taylor Heinicke might not be the one-hit wonder we all thought he was... Fitzpatrick is still the starter as of now, but the guy can play, and it's not just because Tampa Bay had no idea who he was" -
@PeteHaileyNBCS
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,189
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

I love that it will be a competition, but I think Fitz has to start. I hope in the preseason Heinicke gets lots of playing time to test his ability to stay healthy, Fitz balls out this year, gets a new contract elsewhere and Heinicke gives the WFT 2 contracts worth of above average to elite qb play. That would truly be Fitzmagical
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 04:53 PM   #14
FrenchSkin
Playmaker
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 3,117
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I love that it will be a competition, but I think Fitz has to start. I hope in the preseason Heinicke gets lots of playing time to test his ability to stay healthy, Fitz balls out this year, gets a new contract elsewhere and Heinicke gives the WFT 2 contracts worth of above average to elite qb play. That would truly be Fitzmagical
I like that scenario. On episode 76 of Al Galdi's podcast he said Heinicke's game against Tampa earned him the best Washington QB PFF grades in nearly 14 years, 92.0... and that was against your SB Defense (minus Devin White).
I agree Fitz is the starter unless Heinicke is really obviously better, but he has to legitimately be considered in the mix.

On episode 82, you can hear the clip of Ron asked about the QB competition, he talked Fitz up, then was adamant but how good Heinicke is... and did not even mention Kyle Allen even once !
__________________
Proud Ambassador of the Redskins French Nation
Team Heinicke Fan Club VP of Global Operations
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:45 PM   #15
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,900
Re: WFT End Of Mandatory Mini's and Beyond thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I am stealing Chief_X's post and reposting here
Thief of the Chief...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL. But our culture is damn good!
Page generated in 0.11989 seconds with 12 queries