Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2023, 02:27 PM   #31
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 22,155
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
IDK How folks listen to JP Finlay, he is the most negative guy when it comes to anything Washington
I don't think he's the most negative, it is that any reporter out there, who is also a fan of the team, is going to have a very negative attitude right now given how things are going.

If you want objective reporting on this team, read/listen to the work of John Keim and Nicki Jhabvala.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-01-2023, 02:40 PM   #32
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,200
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

I donít blame anyone for being negative when it comes to this team. Positive moments have been few and far between here for the last 25 years. I donít find JP to be unreasonable at all.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:26 PM   #33
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,296
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If you look at what this says about Miami rather than what it says about the Commies, it says that the Dolphins beat the teams they are supposed to beat. That would be us, so we're probably about to be toasted.

Remember what's at stake here: For us, losing could mean winning a better draft position and an easier schedule in 2024. Fear not, for I'm confident that we can lose this or any other game. Just Tank, Baby!
This is true.

I don't really care that much about draft position. We'll pick somewhere in the top 10. We'll get a player most think will be really good. Then either he will or he won't. Nothing that happens over the next several weekends will change that.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 10:00 PM   #34
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,064
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
This is true.

I don't really care that much about draft position. We'll pick somewhere in the top 10. We'll get a player most think will be really good. Then either he will or he won't. Nothing that happens over the next several weekends will change that.
I don't understand the draft pick position talk. Let's lose to get a better pick when that pick has a 50% chance or less of making it in the NFL.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:25 AM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,296
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't understand the draft pick position talk. Let's lose to get a better pick when that pick has a 50% chance or less of making it in the NFL.
Agreed.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 12:44 AM   #36
Meks
Pro Bowl
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 38
Posts: 5,339
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

3rd that, rather see the team show heart, compete and try to win. The draft will go how the draft goes regardless. Hope we get great players at areas of needs. Tough drafting for need but, we need to.

Good luck squad, hope they beat Miami. Fuck the phins
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Last edited by Meks; 12-02-2023 at 01:02 AM.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 01:10 AM   #37
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Age: 41
Posts: 17,439
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

rather win than tank, even if the games don't matter.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 09:02 AM   #38
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 6,202
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't understand the draft pick position talk. Let's lose to get a better pick when that pick has a 50% chance or less of making it in the NFL.
Because the higher the pick the more it is worth in trade. So trade the higher pick to get more picks (chances) to hit on 50/50 picks, if that suits your point of view.

I see it a bit differently: The better GM's make more good picks than the other GM's, so they must be hitting at a higher rate than the average rate of 50% for all GM's. Conversely, most of the others must be hitting on picks at a rate less than 50% for the average rate of all GM's to be 50%. So, the answer might be to hire a better GM and give him more picks to work with at, let's assume, a 70% hit rate. That's what Josh Harris seems to be trying to do.

Of course, we're both talking at a 30,000 feet level because, as you and i know, drafting a player is much more complex than our basic points of view.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #39
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 6,202
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
rather win than tank, even if the games don't matter.
Me too. I was just joking around about tanking.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:43 AM   #40
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,064
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

The last two players we have picked in the top 5 were RG3 and Chase. Actually both were picked 2nd overall. RG flamed out after one year, he could never get good enough throwing from the pocket. Chase never lived up to the hype. He never became the dominant rusher that we needed. His motor was not that of guys like Crosby or TJ Watt or Garrett.

Speaking of Crosby, where was he picked? 4th round out of a small school. Hmmm..
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 02:00 PM   #41
mredskins
MVP
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,349
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The last two players we have picked in the top 5 were RG3 and Chase. Actually both were picked 2nd overall. RG flamed out after one year, he could never get good enough throwing from the pocket. Chase never lived up to the hype. He never became the dominant rusher that we needed. His motor was not that of guys like Crosby or TJ Watt or Garrett.

Speaking of Crosby, where was he picked? 4th round out of a small school. Hmmm..
IMO if RG3 had stayed healthy he be a Lamar or better; once his elite speed was taken it really crippled his game

Look up RG3 he was a track star in Texas even going to Olympic trails; that is really impressive

As soon as he was hurt in that Ravens game they should have sat him for the remainder of the season and played KC ; instead and i am sure it was DS had to bring him back all to make a meaningless wildcard game and throw away the most athletic QB this franchise ever had
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 03:30 PM   #42
That Guy
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: VA
Age: 41
Posts: 17,439
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

RG3 came into the league with two bad knees. He had trouble reading defenses and he made no attempt to protect himself while running. he did some good things too, but I think it was a when not if situation with him. Also the ego and his dad telling his head coach what his son would and wouldn't do was... not great.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 12:05 PM   #43
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,064
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
IMO if RG3 had stayed healthy he be a Lamar or better; once his elite speed was taken it really crippled his game

Look up RG3 he was a track star in Texas even going to Olympic trails; that is really impressive

As soon as he was hurt in that Ravens game they should have sat him for the remainder of the season and played KC ; instead and i am sure it was DS had to bring him back all to make a meaningless wildcard game and throw away the most athletic QB this franchise ever had
Nope. He's flat out not as good as Lamar is. Lamar has turned into a pretty good passer where RG never became that.

Also guys come back from knee injuries all the time now. He had plenty of time to heal up. He went to Clev and never could get it together. He was a crash test dummy QB. No instincts at all to play the position like Lamar does.

Also just cause you're very athletic doesn't mean you can play QB in the NFL. Lamar is athletic and he can play QB.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 12:07 PM   #44
skinsfan69
Living Legend
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 17,064
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
RG3 came into the league with two bad knees. He had trouble reading defenses and he made no attempt to protect himself while running. he did some good things too, but I think it was a when not if situation with him. Also the ego and his dad telling his head coach what his son would and wouldn't do was... not great.
He just wasn't as good as advertised. That is what it came down to. People like to blame the injury but that didn't stop him from being a good QB. He just didn't have the skill to do it. RG was a great college player though, I'll give him that. Like a lot of guys, the NFL was just too fast for him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 01:16 PM   #45
Hoglips
Camp Scrub
 
Hoglips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Posts: 56
Re: Commies vs. Dolphins pregame thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I don't understand the draft pick position talk. Let's lose to get a better pick when that pick has a 50% chance or less of making it in the NFL.
After we traded Sweat, I saw a whole bunch of Bears fans (even after they extended him) clutching their pearls about giving up a 2nd-rounder. I assured them that, based on our historical 'success' with 2nd round picks, we're no threat to embarrass them by pulling a future HOFer out of the hat next year.
Hoglips is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.12987 seconds with 12 queries