Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum


Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2021, 06:38 AM   #571
Giantone
MVP
 
Giantone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,082
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This has to be the least excited any of us have ever been after winning a division title. The opposing coach basically threw the game.
That's not the fault of Washington or it's players. You guys came to play and you did. You take the win and move on. Congratulations.
__________________
....DISCLAIMER: All of my posts/threads are my expressed typed opinion and the reader is not to assume these comments are absolute fact, law, or truth unless otherwise stated in said post/thread.
Giantone is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-04-2021, 07:23 AM   #572
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 204
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Exactly. Don't hear people bitching about the Steelers for sitting starters. Browns win and in and Dolphins are out. Happens every year. Every year.

Not to mention, if Hurts had gotten injured seriously in the 4th quarter on a wet, muddy field against a strong DL, everybody would have said Pederson's an idiot for risking the QB of the future in a meaningless game. Sissy Giants' fans just need to shut up. Crying because their 6-10 team is out of the playoffs? Get real. Eagles don't have to field the team that Giants fans want them to field.
Not to mention that Hurts had completed less than a third of his passes for under 100 yards through three quarters. If he couldn’t run they’d have been doing nothing on offense. Hell one of their drives only succeeded because of the refs. It’s not like he was putting up HOF numbers....
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:53 AM   #573
AnonEmouse
The Starter
 
AnonEmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,322
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

I don't get all the negativity. I get some of it, but you can only beat the team you face, and we did that. I am not favouring us to beat Tampa, but we're NFC East champs and in the playoffs. NOBODY would have predicted that after going 2-7. Let's just revel in the moment before we come crashing back to earth in the next couple of weeks (barring a miracle).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #574
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,640
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Hurts passing stat line before getting pulled

7/20 72 yards 1 INT
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #575
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,869
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Hurts passing stat line before getting pulled

7/20 72 yards 1 INT
and their only two TDs.

He averaged more yards per carry than Gibson.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:16 AM   #576
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,823
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Hurts I think will be a fine back up QB but just doesn't pass it well enough to be a 16 game starter.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #577
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 14,823
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Exactly. Don't hear people bitching about the Steelers for sitting starters. Browns win and in and Dolphins are out. Happens every year. Every year.

Not to mention, if Hurts had gotten injured seriously in the 4th quarter on a wet, muddy field against a strong DL, everybody would have said Pederson's an idiot for risking the QB of the future in a meaningless game. Sissy Giants' fans just need to shut up. Crying because their 6-10 team is out of the playoffs? Get real. Eagles don't have to field the team that Giants fans want them to field.
The Steelers won their first 11 games so they earned the right to sit starters. To me what the Eagles did yesterday compromised the integrity of the sport. They sat 10 or 11 starters yet they have no game next week. Then you go for it on 4th down and 4 when you had an easy chance to tie the game? Then you pull Hurts for a journeymen 3rd stringer late in the game? All of it made no sense other then Petersen was trying to secure the best draft pick for the Eagles. Sorry I just can't get behind it.

Then we have a QB w/ one leg out there that gets sacked if you blow on him. He can't drive the ball. I have had enough of the Smith lovefest. And it's nothing against Alex cause he is just an outstanding guy, but he should not be out there.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:36 AM   #578
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,640
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
and their only two TDs.

He averaged more yards per carry than Gibson.
Yeah I get that, but he wasn't lighting things up in the air that's for sure. This narrative that pulling him cost them the game is a little weak IMO.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:39 AM   #579
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 2,869
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah I get that, but he wasn't lighting things up in the air that's for sure. This narrative that pulling him cost them the game is a little weak IMO.
It's also valid.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:41 AM   #580
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,483
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Steelers won their first 11 games so they earned the right to sit starters. To me what the Eagles did yesterday compromised the integrity of the sport. They sat 10 or 11 starters yet they have no game next week. Then you go for it on 4th down and 4 when you had an easy chance to tie the game? Then you pull Hurts for a journeymen 3rd stringer late in the game? All of it made no sense other then Petersen was trying to secure the best draft pick for the Eagles. Sorry I just can't get behind it.

Then we have a QB w/ one leg out there that gets sacked if you blow on him. He can't drive the ball. I have had enough of the Smith lovefest. And it's nothing against Alex cause he is just an outstanding guy, but he should not be out there.
After YEARS of our team making shithead decisions like what the Eagles did, for once I'm glad to be on the better end of those decisions.

F the Eagles. They made a terrible decision and I'm glad we benefited from it. They already got a circus situation with their QB position, which I'm pretty sure may have influenced Pederson's decision.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:44 AM   #581
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 95,640
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

To me it's the same thing whether you rest starters or pull them in game. In both cases neither Pitt or Philly had anything to play for so they can both do whatever they want.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:50 AM   #582
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20,483
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
To me it's the same thing whether you rest starters or pull them in game. In both cases neither Pitt or Philly had anything to play for so they can both do whatever they want.
Also, what no one is talking about is how this decision just helped Pederson with his QB controversy.

Everyone now it talking up J. Hurts, so easy decision to keep him as the starter after this commotion.

Don't get me wrong, if I'm not justifying the decision, just coming up with whatever potential mindset Pederson had to make this decision.
__________________
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:34 AM   #583
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Posts: 19,172
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Gonna' piss me off if the Eagles, YET AGAIN, get major draft capital for a QB. They did that shit to us for McNabb and they did it for Foles.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:39 AM   #584
MissouriSkin
Special Teams
 
MissouriSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Springfield MO
Posts: 204
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Wonder what all these talking heads would be saying about keeping Hurts in if he’d have slipped and torn his ACL in the fourth quarter after it really started raining....
__________________
Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
MissouriSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:46 AM   #585
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 19,112
Re: Week 17 NFC EAST Championship Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The Steelers won their first 11 games so they earned the right to sit starters. To me what the Eagles did yesterday compromised the integrity of the sport. They sat 10 or 11 starters yet they have no game next week. Then you go for it on 4th down and 4 when you had an easy chance to tie the game? Then you pull Hurts for a journeymen 3rd stringer late in the game? All of it made no sense other then Petersen was trying to secure the best draft pick for the Eagles. Sorry I just can't get behind it.

Then we have a QB w/ one leg out there that gets sacked if you blow on him. He can't drive the ball. I have had enough of the Smith lovefest. And it's nothing against Alex cause he is just an outstanding guy, but he should not be out there.
Pederson has a history of going for it in those type moments. He lives to be seen as the grandmaster of football. Fact is he also saw that Hurts, having been given the ball at the 15 could not score a go ahead touchdown, so he moved on with his plan to put Sudfield in. As I said in the other thread, our defense was not giving them points, and for all we know Curl gets another INT, or pick 6 off of Hurts too. The future wasn't written at the point he pulled Hurts, but our defense's history in the 4th quarter this year points toward a Washington win either way.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Football Team or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.27282 seconds with 10 queries