Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NFC Beast Rules (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=25407)

MTK 09-23-2008 09:02 AM

Re: NFC Beast Rules

[quote=InsanePianist;480138]I clicked that link and see a pic showing McNabb, Romo, and Eli. Everyone just seems to the skins have no chance in this division. God I hope we beat Dallas.[/quote]

That's funny, I saw something similar last week on SportsCenter. They were talking up the NFCE and they showed highlights of every team except... you guessed the Redskins. :doh:

TheMalcolmConnection 09-23-2008 09:10 AM

A lot of us talk about how great it is being in the best division in football.

I'm going to have to disagree. For once I would love to be like the Seahawks (at least the Seahawks in years past) where we didn't have to have a freaking 11-5 or 10-6 record just to see our team in the playoffs.

Sure, it's good "practice" for the playoffs playing such good teams, but just once I'd love to have the Skins be worlds better than the competition in the NFCE.

sandtrapjack 09-23-2008 10:09 AM

[quote=DirtyLandry;480023]Yeah, it's scary. On a side note, isn't it funny how Eagles fans were calling for Donovan McNabb's head just last year?[/quote]
Yeah really, I know.

But the season is still young and those Eagle fans are the most impatient ones I know of.

That and McNabb got hurt in the Pittsburgh game and Kolb had to take some snaps. A little deja vu'? Lets see if he can stay "healthy" for 16 games. Odds are he will not, he will miss some games due to injury. Fans will question his durability, tab him "injury prone" and then they will start the head hunt once again. Just like Christmas, it comes at the same time every year, and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

BigSKINBauer 09-23-2008 10:28 AM

We get absolutely no respect in these talks. Whatever i guess we can earn it in the next two weeks.

Our division is 8-0 against non divisional teams. That is ridiculous. Honestly i can see us all winning a vast majority of the 40 non divisional games. A 35-5 record is definitely possible. That means division games will be the tie breaker. We have to win 1 of the next two for sure. The third best team in this division will make the playoffs. We just have to beat either the cowboys or the eagles twice.

Watch us all go 13-3. haha.

tdSKINS1 09-23-2008 12:13 PM

Yea the first thing i noticed was the picture without a Redskin in it. I laughed i really hope we prove everyone wrong it makes it so much better. I almost like being in the underdog role it seems to me we play better when we have our backs against the wall. This week will be a big test and a good measuring stick on how good we our at this point in the season

WillH 09-23-2008 12:34 PM

[quote=TheMalcolmConnection;480149]A lot of us talk about how great it is being in the best division in football.

I'm going to have to disagree. For once I would love to be like the Seahawks (at least the Seahawks in years past) where we didn't have to have a freaking 11-5 or 10-6 record just to see our team in the playoffs.

Sure, it's good "practice" for the playoffs playing such good teams, but just once I'd love to have the Skins be worlds better than the competition in the NFCE.[/quote]

I feel you. While it is cool to boast that we play in the toughest division it is certainly frustrating. In any other division this would not be a rebuilding season for the Skins, we'd be the top of the heap. As it is right now, I think it'll be a year or two until we can be top dog in the NFCE. In our defense, for a team that is redefining itself, we have a hell of a lot of potential. If we keep drafting well the rest of the NFCE will have to bow down, I guess until then we'll have to keep scrapping it out to gain any f'ing respect.

Ruhskins 09-23-2008 12:48 PM

Man the way that the Giant's fans are talking in the ESPN boards, you would imagine that their team blew up every single team they've played by 3 or 4 TDs (well except the Rams)

That Guy 09-24-2008 01:04 AM

the league within the league?

any other year you'd have to add the pats, colts, and jags (maybe pit)... not this year though, at least not yet.

Jamaican'Skin 09-24-2008 01:30 AM

[quote=sandtrapjack;480166]Yeah really, I know.

But the season is still young and those Eagle fans are the most impatient ones I know of.

That and McNabb got hurt in the Pittsburgh game and Kolb had to take some snaps. A little deja vu'? Lets see if he can stay "healthy" for 16 games. Odds are he will not, he will miss some games due to injury. Fans will question his durability, tab him "injury prone" and then they will start the head hunt once again. [B]Just like Christmas, it comes at the same time every year, and there is nothing you can do to stop it[/B].[/quote]

So you're predicting another one and done for the Cowboys in the playoffs? Sounds about right

Redskin Warrior 09-24-2008 02:00 AM

[quote=InsanePianist;480138]I clicked that link and see a pic showing McNabb, Romo, and Eli. Everyone just seems to the skins have no chance in this division. God I hope we beat Dallas.[/quote]

That pisses me off so bad

Mwoody85 09-24-2008 09:41 AM

Plax Burress suspended 2 weeks for not showing up to team meetings and not returning team phone calls. I wonder if he's suspended 2 weeks, or two games - they have a bye this week.

InsanePianist 09-24-2008 10:06 AM

Just [B]one game[/B], according to ESPN.

Ruhskins 09-24-2008 06:16 PM

So as I procrastinate on the stuff that I have to do, I was curious to see the performance of the NFC East up until this week, here's what I found:

[B]Dallas (3-0)[/B]
vs. Browns (0-3/10-6) Won 28-10 (+12)
vs. Eagles (2-1/8-8) Won 41-37 (+4)
vs. Packers (2-1/13-3 Won 27-16 (+11)
[B][I][U]Opponents Record (‘08/’07): 4-5/31-17[/U][/I][/B]

[B]New York (3-0)[/B]
vs. Redskins (2-1/9-7) Won 16-7 (+9)
vs. Rams (0-3/3-13) Won 41-13 (+28)
vs. Bengals (0-3/7-9) Won 26-23 (+3)
[B][I][U]Opponents Record (‘08/’07): 2-7/19-29[/U][/I][/B]

[B]Philadelphia (2-1)[/B]
vs. Rams (0-3/3-13) Won 38-3 (+35)
vs. Cowboys (3-0/13-3) Lost 37-41 (-4)
vs. Steelers (2-1/10-6) Won 15-6 (+9)
[B][U][I]Opponents Record (‘08/’07): 5-4/26-22[/I][/U][/B]

[B]Washington (2-1)[/B]
vs. Giants (3-0/10-6) Lost 7-16 (-9)
vs. Saints (1-2/7-9) Won 29-24 (+5)
vs. Cards (2-1/8-8) Won 24-17 (+7)
[B][I][U]Opponents Record (‘08/’07): 6-3/25-23[/U][/I][/B]

I think all the teams in the NFC East have performed somewhat equally early in the season. Granted that both Dallas and NY are undefeated, however, since all the teams have only played 3 games, I see the records of all them very similar.

In looking at the current record of the opponents that the NFC East teams have played, the Redskins opponents have the best record (6-3), while the Giants' opponents have the worst (2-7). Since we're early in the season, I looked at the opponents' record from last year; the Cowboys opponents have the best record (31-17), while the Giants' opponents have the worst (19-29).

The win/loss margin for all the teams have been in the single digits, with the exception of the Cowboys win margin, and the beatings that Philly and NYG put on the Rams.

The NFC is East is shaping out to be a tough and pretty even division. I think our Redskins have a lot to prove, and a win against the Cowboys would show the critics that the NFC is not a three-team race. Yet despite the media that Philly, Dallas and NY are getting, I do see all four teams of our conference playing good football.

marcellus magruder sr. 09-26-2008 03:38 PM

I Agree Let's Beat The Cowgirls Sunday! Hail To The Redskins