Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Parking Lot (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WHFS gone Loco (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=4500)

skin4Life28 01-13-2005 10:07 AM

Yeah it is really wrong how they treated there dj's no warning at all. I was watchin the news and they had an HFS promo playing at 11:59 and right at 12 it went straight to the new station cutting there promo.

SmootSmack 01-13-2005 10:29 AM

Within the local DC media, rumors of a change in format at HFS have been going on for months so the dj's weren't taken completely by surprise, it's the listeners that were

SmootSmack 01-13-2005 10:33 AM

Rumor has it 94.3 might switch to HFS' old format

BDBohnzie 01-13-2005 10:35 AM

if you go to [url]http://www.dcrtv.org/index.html[/url], and go down to this headline:
HFS Goes Spanish - 1/12

you'll see a link for the last waning moments of HFS...

it's a bloody shame...but Infinity ruined that station long ago...

also from that link...the head of Empire Broadcasting is trying to acquite 94.3 in Warrenton (currently a Spanish station) to pair it's signal with the Annapolis 94.3 to recreate WRNR...

Tim Virgin (the only DJ even worth a damn left at HFS) is moving to NYC...

irish 01-13-2005 10:43 AM

Bozzy, Arlington has a large mexican population as well. Apparently there is a lot of money to be made in the spanish radio market. Hopefully the junkies will get picked-up somewhere.

Redskins_P 01-13-2005 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=smootsmack]what the hell is ORTEGA? I'm talking real latin music. Redskins P knows what I'm talkin about[/QUOTE]

Smootsmack, I know exactly what you're talking about. The real latin music can only be found on radio stations in NYC, and Miami. Also, latin music is NOT "mexican"!!! Huge difference. By the way, in NYC and Miami they have at least 3 to 4 latin stations on FM.

Well, since I'm hispanic like Smootsmack this news doesn't really bother me. I really didn't know about it till just now listening to DC-101. I personally always preferred DC-101 over WHFS. So, to me this is a non-issue.

But to the HFS fans out there, I understand how you could feel. Especially since the format changed so dramatically. I mean from Alt.Rock to Latin format?? Thats pretty crazy. Maybe if they would've kept a similar format it wouldn't be such a big deal.

For all of you who are not from DC metro area, this area has become a melting pot. It's diversity can be compared to NYC. Just goes to show how much this area has grown......culturally.

Smootsmack, I have no idea what Ortega is. Maybe someones last name? Who knows! All I know is that we're taking over baby!!! :silly:

cpayne5 01-13-2005 11:26 AM

There was a country station out here on AM that had been around since the beginning of time. It had a fairly large following considering it was AM. One day it turned to a Spanish speaking station for no given reason. It still seems odd, considering where we are.

Redskins_P 01-13-2005 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=cpayne5]There was a country station out here on AM that had been around since the beginning of time. It had a fairly large following considering it was AM. One day it turned to a Spanish speaking station for no given reason. It still seems odd, considering where we are.[/QUOTE]

Very odd Cpayne.....especially in the area that you're in. Where I live if you tune to AM you can hear everything from, gospel, latin, middle eastern, korean, and sports talk.

Redskins_P 01-13-2005 11:53 AM

99.1 "El Zol"

Heres a link to the story in the Washington Post:

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A4390-2005Jan12.html[/url]

MTK 01-13-2005 11:56 AM

I rarely listen to the radio anymore, and when I do it's either Stern or ESPN radio.

The radio blows, unless you have a good college or independent station in the area it's all the same recycled garbage.

I'm lucky enough to have an independent station in my area out of Vermont, 102.7 WEQX. That's basically the only channel worth listening to on my FM dial in my opinion.

backrow 01-13-2005 12:38 PM

[QUOTE=Mattyk72] I rarely listen to the radio anymore,(Agreed) And when I do it's or ESPN, Christian, or smooth Jazz radio! [/QUOTE] (Quotted, but not exactly!)

I listen to a lot of tapes & CDs on making money, investments, and such!

BDBohnzie 01-13-2005 01:30 PM

the latest rumor of the Junkies is that they will be back on WJFK middays, sandwiched between Howard Stern and Don & Mike...until Stern makes the jump, at which time I would assume they move into the morning slot...

TheMalcolmConnection 01-13-2005 01:40 PM

I hate that Howard Stern is going to go on satellite radio. I really don't want to have to foot that bill just to listen. I know it's not much, but I have other things I could use that money on.

cpayne5 01-13-2005 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=TheMalcolmConnection]I hate that Howard Stern is going to go on satellite radio. I really don't want to have to foot that bill just to listen. I know it's not much, but I have other things I could use that money on.[/QUOTE]
If you like Stern that much, and if Sirius is as good as XM (which I assume it is), it's really worth it.

I bought XM just for ESPN Radio, and that alone is worth it.

MTK 01-13-2005 02:23 PM

I'm really going to miss Stern in the mornings, but I can't justify getting satellite radio right now, I only have a 20-minute commmute.