Warpath

Warpath (http://www.thewarpath.net/forum.php)
-   Locker Room Main Forum (http://www.thewarpath.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I thought the Skins were done signing (http://www.thewarpath.net/showthread.php?t=5760)

Jamaican'Skin 04-06-2005 04:29 PM

I thought the Skins were done signing

[url]http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=6337[/url]

diehardskin2982 04-06-2005 04:32 PM

Re: I thought the Skins were done signing

They see someone they want they'll jump on it we all know that.

CooleyAsCanBe 04-06-2005 06:20 PM

Good move. Cheap and a focused on fixing our weak special teams coverage.

SKINZ_DOMIN8 04-06-2005 07:14 PM

Now if only we could outright cut Brunell and Ramsey and bring in someone that will not look like a wounded, drunk, duck in the pocket we would be okay.

RedskinRat 04-06-2005 07:17 PM

[QUOTE=SKINZ_DOMIN8]Now if only we could outright cut Brunell and Ramsey and bring in someone that will not look like a wounded, drunk, duck in the pocket we would be okay.[/QUOTE]

Now if only we could get SKINZ_DOMIN8 to kick the crack habit and post sober.....

offiss 04-06-2005 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=RedskinRat]Now if only we could get SKINZ_DOMIN8 to kick the crack habit and post sober.....[/QUOTE]

crack kills! :lol:

SmootSmack 04-06-2005 07:36 PM

Q: How do you make SKINZ_DOMIN8 laugh on Wednesday?
A: Tell him the joke on Sunday

Ba-Zing!!

SKINZ_DOMIN8 04-06-2005 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=RedskinRat]Now if only we could get SKINZ_DOMIN8 to kick the crack habit and post sober.....[/QUOTE]

Instead of resulting to insults why don't you attempt to prove me wrong? Or did I insult your man-crush on your boy Ramsey?

SmootSmack 04-06-2005 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=SKINZ_DOMIN8]Instead of resulting to insults why don't you attempt to prove me wrong? Or did I insult your man-crush on your boy Ramsey?[/QUOTE]

Why such hatred for Ramsey? We know his won-loss record-or better said the team's won-loss record, isn't over .500, but you really don't see the progress he's made? You don't see how he's had to learn a whole new offense, you don't see his raw talent? You really don't see any of that?

Yellow31 04-06-2005 09:01 PM

God forbid we have a QB around for 4 years that is probably the longest stretch since Theismann no??

SKINZ_DOMIN8 04-06-2005 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=TAFKAS]Why such hatred for Ramsey? We know his won-loss record-or better said the team's won-loss record, isn't over .500, but you really don't see the progress he's made? You don't see how he's had to learn a whole new offense, you don't see his raw talent? You really don't see any of that?[/QUOTE]

This is the exact reason I dislike this websites' hero Ramsey: The only thing his idiot fans can do is point to his "arm strength" or his "potential" (despite the fact that he has been given more chances than most qb's ever get.)

I find it quite telling that you freely admit his win-loss record is abyssmal. Isn't that what it is all about?

As far as progress.........what progress are you talking about?

SKINZ_DOMIN8 04-06-2005 09:45 PM

[QUOTE=Yellow31]God forbid we have a QB around for 4 years that is probably the longest stretch since Theismann no??[/QUOTE]

Except if that Qb sucks and has proven nothing (like your hero Ramseygirl) then what?

SmootSmack 04-06-2005 10:00 PM

[QUOTE=SKINZ_DOMIN8]This is the exact reason I dislike this websites' hero Ramsey: The only thing his idiot fans can do is point to his "arm strength" or his "potential" (despite the fact that he has been given more chances than most qb's ever get.)

I find it quite telling that you freely admit his win-loss record is abyssmal. Isn't that what it is all about?

As far as progress.........what progress are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

I guess I fall under the category of "idiot fan"

I'm pretty sure I wrote that the win-loss record isn't over .500, I didn't say abysmmal

Progress-I'm talking about learning to throw the ball away and not take a sack and loss of yards, I'm talking about checking off receivers, I'm talking about knowing when to call timeout. It's probably just me, I am afterall an idiot, but I do see him becoming a better QB

Who's your answer at QB?

MTK 04-06-2005 10:36 PM

I'm tired of defending my opinion on Ramsey, but here it is again nice and simple.

I think he's got potential, like it or not he DOES have a strong arm. He's also a tough kid, he's got alot of the intangibles people look for.

I'm not saying he's the next Marino, I don't think anybody is stupid enough to say that. He's got a long way to go, but the potential for him being a quality QB is there.

If you disagree, fine, no problem. But at least let's have a logical discussion about it, all you've done, Skinz_domin8 (zackmills), is say how much he sucks, he's the biggest bust in Skins history, etc.

If that's your view, fine, but at least back it up with some original thought. I could at least respect a well thought out opinion.

Daseal 04-06-2005 11:16 PM

Give Ramsey (and the rest of the team) some continuity. The man now has to adjust to all new receivers (well, McCants, Thrash, and Jacobs, but he didn't exactly get many balls to them last year) and it's his 2nd year in a system. Let's look at QBs picked in round 1 that year.

David Carr - Carr is better. No arguments. You'd hope so for the #1 overall.
Joey Harrington - picked at #3, so far isn't as good as Ramsey, and in my mind has a better offense to work with. Roy Williams, and one game a year with Charles Rogers. Young team, granted. Still, he's been their downfall.
We then pickup Ramsey as the last pick in the first round. Not a bad investment.

Besides Josh McCown not a single other QB from that class has really seen any significant time on the field. So talent for price we got the best deal out of that QB class. Better than the #3 pick, but a little behind the #1. Not bad at all.

This was definitely one of Spurrier/Vinnies better personel pickups, in my opinion.